If Jesus descended to earth today

"M*W: I don't think they were"

Right. I think I retracted my statement along the line somewhere...

I thought he was a Jew. Only text written back then in that place was by the Jews. They wrote the first Bible, Old Testament, remember.
M*W: Let's go one step further with that theory. Josephus was a Jew, and I believe he wrote the NT.

In 100 years, 'Christianity' will likely be the name of a Mental Health disorder.

Or Possibly a widespread case of Mass delusion.
M*W: Amen, and I'll write a prescription for appropriate medication.

I don´t think Jesus would discriminate people for what they call themselves, everybody is identified with something fake anyway; so why take it on Christians when there are so many many other people with false identifications such as nationality, morals, religions, etc.?
For one thing, even if Jesus would speak to everyone, I think Christians would be the last people who would pay attention to him; they would literally crucify him again if they could for acting like a genuine person.

Atheists are more likely to pay attention to a man like Jesus, who would be able to give truthfull answers for those who are truly seeking...

I very much appreciate what you have said here.

It nurtures all life equally, but it doesn't love or recognize. The sun is not a sentient being.

So on this issue you are not simply atheistic - which in this case would mean, you had no reason to believe the sun was sentient - but are willing to go so far as to say
you believe the sun is not sentient. Not simply a lack of belief, but a belief in a lack.

Why don't you take the same step in relation to God?
Why is your atheism there simply a lack of belief?

If Jesus descended to earth today, He would prevent humans from totally annihilating themselves.

---> "No flesh would be saved, but for the elect's sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days" > Mark 13:20 + Matt. 24:22.

If Jesus descended to earth today, He would prevent humans from totally annihilating themselves.

---> "No flesh would be saved, but for the elect's sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days" > Mark 13:20 + Matt. 24:22.

There you have it. No need for further discussion. Is it possible that some of the elect got to be that way because of celestial hanging chads ?

If I am not mistaken, there were no Christians in Jesus's lifetime.

I may be wrong.
you're right, they called themselves followers of "the Way", they were first called "Christians" in Antioch years later, if you ever read the Bible to get yourself firsthand knowledge of Christianity, you would know all the answers to the questions you seem to want an answer for, just a thought

...would he recognise the Christians?
no, the question for you is, "why wouldn't He recognize muslims as His followers?

the only thing He would know about muslims is, that at every turn Muslim gov's & many muslims discriminate against, harass & kill His followers, which is exactly as He said would happen, read below:
Jhn 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.
Jhn 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before [it hated] you.
Jhn 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
Jhn 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
Jhn 15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
Jhn 15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
Jhn 15:23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

from: http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Jhn/Jhn015.html#20

no, the question for you is, "why wouldn't He recognize muslims as His followers?

the only thing He would know about muslims is, that at every turn Muslim gov's & many muslims discriminate against, harass & kill His followers, which is exactly as He said would happen, read below:

He must have had a crystal ball because Mohammed wasn't about at the time. Or is it not the case that he was just making a general statement which you can now conveniently apply to Muslims.

Could he not have have meant people dropping bombs on innocent civilians ?

It's all a matter of interpretation as any Christian group will tell you if you ask why they believe they are right and others wrong

Back