If Jesus descended to earth today

2 points from what i have been reading here.

that of December the 25th and of Sunday worship.

Firstly the claim that Jesus was born on December the 25th has no biblical foundation. This tradition as started by the catholic church as an attempt to take over a pagan day. There is no basis for linking Jesus to pagan traditions by claiming that Jesus was born on the 25th of December because that’s just a false catholic tradition.

Secondly Sunday worship/ sabbath is also a catholic modification to the bible truth. The Bible Sabbath starts at sunset Friday and ends at sunset Saturday. So you cannot use the Sunday sabbath of the catholics or the conforming protestant daughters to link a pagan tradition to the Biblical truth. All you can do is show that the catholic church has been injecting paganism into their bastardised version of christianity over the centuries.

Both christimas and the Sunday sabbath are catholic inventions. Not Christian at all.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Originally Posted by SnakeLord
Because I find it amusing.

Man is bad and the only way to forgive them is for jesus, (it is claimed that he is god), had to sacrifice himself to himself without actually ever being able to die, (unless you assert that for three days god ceased to exist).

The foundation belief you have that leads you to your conclusion is false.

Your foundation belief is that one ceases to exist once one dies. No we never cease to exist, All those who have died still exist they just don't exist in their earthly form.

Jesus suffered death, He experienced the transition as all human beings have done through time.

Firstly the claim that Jesus was born on December the 25th has no biblical foundation. This tradition as started by the catholic church as an attempt to take over a pagan day. There is no basis for linking Jesus to pagan traditions by claiming that Jesus was born on the 25th of December because that’s just a false catholic tradition.

Secondly Sunday worship/ sabbath is also a catholic modification to the bible truth. The Bible Sabbath starts at sunset Friday and ends at sunset Saturday. So you cannot use the Sunday sabbath of the catholics or the conforming protestant daughters to link a pagan tradition to the Biblical truth. All you can do is show that the catholic church has been injecting paganism into their bastardised version of christianity over the centuries.

Both christimas and the Sunday sabbath are catholic inventions. Not Christian at all.

-Can you please tell me then what is Christian anyway, what does it mean.
For example our homeland was converted by force to be a Christian.
-If I believe that Jesus was a real person and prophet of somekind, like Buddha and others, but he was just a man,then, am I Christian ?

-Can you please tell me then what is Christian anyway, what does it mean.
For example our homeland was converted by force to be a Christian.

How could your homeland have been converted by force by those who believe Jesus, who follow His teachings? Those that believe Jesus cannot use force to do anything. You homeland might indeed have been forced to conform to a religion but it certainly was not the true Christianity. A distortion of Christianity most likely.

-If I believe that Jesus was a real person and prophet of somekind, like Buddha and others, but he was just a man,then, am I Christian ?

No. Jesus came into the world in a flesh and blood body but He was without sin. Jesus existed in the beginning at the very start of creation. He was with God and He was God. He has control over the eternal destiny of all Humanity and the only way to eternity with God is by Him.

Lets say I live by teachings of Jesus but I dont take him as a God.
Does that mean that I will burn in hell for eternity ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets say I live by teachings of Jesus but I dont take him as a God.
Does that mean that I will burn in hell for eternity ?

Salvation comes from Believing Jesus:

Do you believe Jesus when He said:
John 14
8 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”
9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.

Well?

Do you believe what Jesus taught Philip is truth? Or do you believe Jesus lied to philip?

The foundation belief you have that leads you to your conclusion is false.

It's all well and good to make bold statements such as that, but what do you have to indicate that things do not cease to exist when they die? Now, you can argue against everything we do know regarding living beings but you will need a little more than your say so.

Actually you are wrong.

First the December 25th date is clearly demonstrated as an astrological allegory in the birth, life, and death of Jesus in the gospel. It is encoded astrology. The book of Luke seems to contradict this with what has been pinpointed as a September 11, 4 BC birth date for Jesus, but if you see Revelations 12 which describes the yearly astrological event of 9/11 then you see how Virgo the virgin is giving birth to the Sun as I've explained it in my thread The end is near!. So this 9/11 event is reused in the Bible.

However both December 25, and September 11 are legitimate dates for the birth of Jesus when you realize that Jesus is born every day because he is the Sun.

Second, Saturday worship is a Jewish only invention for the worship of their god Saturn, who by the way was the ancient god of the Sun. The NT changes gods from Saturn to the Solar Messiah. So both Saturday and Sunday are days of Sun worship.

The Muslims worship on Friday because they revere Venus, and Hindus worship everyday because they are polytheistic.

It's all well and good to make bold statements such as that, but what do you have to indicate that things do not cease to exist when they die? Now, you can argue against everything we do know regarding living beings but you will need a little more than your say so.

Reverse the position around.

What do you have to indicate that thing cease to exist when they die?

That’s right you cannot.

As for accepting what i say or rejecting what i say about anything, that’s up to you.

Reverse the position around.

That’s right you cannot.

As for accepting what i say or rejecting what i say about anything, that’s up to you.

There is not the slightest bit of evidence to support life after death and that's why I don't believe in it. What evidence have you that I am wrong? And please don't bombard me with what it says in the Bible as I do not regard that as evidence. For once try providing a rational explanation.

As you continue to add posts you show yourself to be more and more cranky. "The Catholic Church is wrong and so is her Protestant daughter "sounds " like you believe everyone got it wrong but Calvin and his followers: do you really believe that ?

You made the bold claim that they don't, it is for you to support.

As for indicating that organisms cease to exist.. It's a long discussion and would involve a lot of information regarding what we do know about the brain.

John 14
8 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”
9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.

Well?

Do you believe what Jesus taught Philip is truth? Or do you believe Jesus lied to philip?

-What if Jesus even didnt exist or didnt say those things ?
-If he said that to Philip could he mean that we all can be god likes ?

-What if I tell you the same thing ? :cool:
-Would you kneel and wash my feet ?
-Do you believe the miracles of Jesus, walking on water (sunshine reflecting from surface of water), sharing the two fish (suns presence in constellation of piscies ~ fishes) and rising Lazarus from death (winter solstice, sun being dead for three days) ?

Last edited by a moderator:

John 14
8 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.
Well?

The disciples must have been a pretty dim bunch if they failed to recognize who Jesus truly was. Alternatively, they were not as easily taken in as you are

You made the bold claim that they don't, it is for you to support.

As for indicating that organisms cease to exist.. It's a long discussion and would involve a lot of information regarding what we do know about the brain.

I find it a bold claim that we cease to exist after we leave this body. So????

You cannot prove the end of existence after death using science and i cannot prove the continuation of existence after death by using science.

-What if Jesus even didnt exist or didnt say those things ?
-If he said that to Philip could he mean that we all can be god likes ?

-What if I tell you the same thing ? :cool:
-Would you kneel and wash my feet ?
-Do you believe the miracles of Jesus, walking on water (sunshine reflecting from surface of water), sharing the two fish (suns presence in constellation of piscies ~ fishes) and rising Lazarus from death (winter solstice, sun being dead for three days) ?

Ohhh no not another brain washed one pushing the astrology/ Christianity link....

I find it very hard to take you seriously anymore.

John 14
8 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves.
Well?

The disciples must have been a pretty dim bunch if they failed to recognize who Jesus truly was. Alternatively, they were not as easily taken in as you are

The apostles showed on many occasions through the NT that they did not really know who Jesus was. Only at the very end where their eyes opened by the Holy Spirit.

I will take it from your answer that you do not believe.

He must have had a crystal ball because Mohammed wasn't about at the time. Or is it not the case that he was just making a general statement which you can now conveniently apply to Muslims.
didn't need the crystal ball, Jesus is God, you know the rest

Could he not have have meant people dropping bombs on innocent civilians ?
would we have listened? some can't even do the nice things, whats up with that?

It's all a matter of interpretation as any Christian group will tell you if you ask why they believe they are right and others wrong
first of all, there are things you can not interpret away, any interpretation that goes against the Bible, is false, that divides churches is wrong, that attaches doctrine to culture is wrong, we have leeway, inasmuch as emphasizing ideas or verses up to a point, people that use Acts 2:18 as a test are wrong, mormons that emphasizes prophets or burning bosoms are wrong, the test is the Bible, the Bible interprets Bible

http://www.equip.org/site/c.muI1LaMNJrE/b.2548381/k.973E/Bible_Answer_Man.htm

"Lets say I live by teachings of Jesus but I dont take him as a God."

- Then you are not living by the teachings of Jesus.

Back