The Problem of Hell

IceAgeCivilizations, Adstar, TheVisitor, and any other Christian out there, I need your help.

I am arguing with VitalOne right now on a different thread as to weather the Holy Spirit is above God. I think that it is pretty clear that nothing and no one is above God, but VitalOne seems to think that the Holy Spirit is above God.

So I need you to answer me two questions so that I can use that quote in the other thread. Thank you very much for any responses, I truly appreciate it.

Question 1: Is the Holy Sprit "above" or greater than God in any way, shape, or form?

Question 2: Is the Holy Spirit the Spirit of God?

Hi Nds.
The Holy Spirit is not above God.

The Holy Spirit, Jesus and God are one. There is no real way to explain this. Although people will try using egg, white, shell or ice, water, steam analogies. But truly understanding the nature of the connection between God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit is, i believe, beyond the mental capacity of human beings. Some have come up with explanations that satisfy themselves and their followers but i personally do not believe they can ever prove their theories using the Word of God.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

God can use any vessels He wants to achieve His objectives, including those early Catholics to canonize the texts.

It is interesting that the later Catholics added to the text, which according to Revelation is anathema.

Yes they did add the other books and i believe they declared them offically "inspired" some time during the middle ages. I am not sure of the exact year? I will ask around for the info.

No.

It has to do with the fact that He is perfect. Praising Him is acknowledging who He is and what He is.

Now i cannot praise Him enough because i do not know God enough. My praise falls short of the praise that He should receive. No matter how much effort or creativity i put into it. The God of Abraham is overwhelmingly Awesome.

Do you think i reply to you to move you? I don't really. I think your too far gone to be moved at all. I reply to you for the benefit of those who may be reading but not posting. Some of them are open to the Word of God.

God often throws anti-christs in my way to bring out the message he has given me to give. The resistance gives me an opportunity to give wisdom. If not to the one i reply to, then to another who is reading along who is not here just to trash talk the God of Abraham.

I am happy to serve God in any way that He leads me!

Take Care, Adstar!

IceAgeCivilizations, Adstar, TheVisitor, and any other Christian out there, I need your help.

I am arguing with someone right now on a different thread as to weather the Holy Spirit is above God. I think that it is pretty clear that nothing and no one is above God, but they seem to think that the Holy Spirit is above God.

So I need you to answer me two questions so that I can use that quote in the other thread. Thank you very much for any responses, I truly appreciate it.

Question 1: Is the Holy Sprit "above" or greater than God in any way, shape, or form?

Question 2: Is the Holy Spirit the Spirit of God?

According to the New Testament, The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Jesus. These are just two different labels for the same one God! The concept of the trinity was, I think, created by the Catholic Church. This term does not even exist in the Bible!

Romans 8:9
You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

In other places the Bible calls this very same "Spirit of Christ" the "Holy Spirit". And even here it is also called the "Spirit of God".

There is no trinity, there never has been! It cannot be explained, as Adstar rightly says, simply because it does not make sense! Because it is a falsehood!

Thanks!

Last edited:
SetiAlpha6, thank you for the response.

I fully agree with you on the issue of the trinity. I can see Jesus as being a spearate person or spiritual being from God, but I cannot see The Holy Spirit as being an actual person. I can see it as the actual spirit of God/Jesus.

Correct me I'm wrong, but isn't God a Spirit in himself? So how could a spirit have a spirit? Since God is pure spirit, the term "The Holy Spirit" must actually be referring to God himself.

SetiAlpha6, thank you for the response.

I fully agree with you on the issue of the trinity. I can see Jesus as being a spearate person or spiritual being from God, but I cannot see The Holy Spirit as being an actual person. I can see it as the actual spirit of God/Jesus.

Correct me I'm wrong, but isn't God a Spirit in himself? So how could a spirit have a spirit? Since God is pure spirit, the term "The Holy Spirit" must actually be referring to God himself.

I do indeed agree! But, as you probably already know, it is a very confusing subject for everyone!

Thanks!

According to the New Testament, The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Jesus. These are just two different labels for the same one God! The concept of the trinity was, I think, created by the Catholic Church. This term does not even exist in the Bible!

Romans 8:9
You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

In other places the Bible calls this very same "Spirit of Christ" the "Holy Spirit". And even here it is also called the "Spirit of God".

There is no trinity, there never has been! It cannot be explained, as Adstar rightly says, simply because it does not make sense! Because it is a falsehood!

Thanks!

And you have tried to explain it. By calling the Holy Spirit the spirit of Jesus. So you are saying that Holy Spirit is Jesus.

Jesus said:

John 14
15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you .

Jesus says first that the Holy Spirit is another Helper, Then HE says that it is Himself that will come to you. So Jesus is saying that the Holy Spirit is another and also that it is Him.

John 16:
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.

Here again Jesus talks as if the Holy Spirit is a different personality to Him.

And there is the classic one:

John 1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

See both separate and the same.

Adstar just looks in the mirror!

(P.S. This is a joke!)

(Does anyone have a sense of humor out their in sciforums land?)

It’s not a funny subject. Joking in this section of the forum is like making up paedophile jokes in a child abuse counselling session. Your not funny and it wasn’t a joke.

Proverbs 26
18 Like a madman who throws firebrands, arrows, and death,
19 Is the man who deceives his neighbor,
And says, “I was only joking!”

It’s not a funny subject. Joking in this section of the forum is like making up paedophile jokes in a child abuse counselling session. Your not funny and it wasn’t a joke.

Proverbs 26
18 Like a madman who throws firebrands, arrows, and death,
19 Is the man who deceives his neighbor,
And says, “I was only joking!”

Thank you for the insight!

I may be mad, who knows? Though no one I have ever met, until now, has ever told me that I was "Like a madman". I have never thrown "firebrands, arrows, and death" at anyone, ever! And I do not try, on purpose, to deceive my neighbor! I am human and I make human mistakes!

But I have told a few jokes in my day. Some were wise and some were unwise. This one turned out to be wise, because in your reaction I can see the kind of person I used to be. That helps me to see myself better and thank God that he rescued me from being as insecure, fearful, petty, and angry, as I was. It used to be, that I was almost completely unable to laugh at my own failings.

So, Thanks Again!

(P.S. You did not "turn the other cheek" there very well. Bad witness man!)

Last edited:
What do you mean i did not turn the cheek?

Your "joke" ?? was a thinly veiled attempt to provoke hatred and a violent response in another person. I understand what people like you are up to when they use "jokes" ?? as weapons against other people. The bible gives me understanding on the matter. And i give it to you to let you know just what kind of person you are inside.

People like you rely very much on the self control of others. Sometimes people like you pick the wrong target who has less self control and you end up being bashed and in hospital or even killed.

Now i am saying this all for your own benefit. Because you really need to understand just what kind of person you really are. Then if you get that wisdom you will realise why you need the salvation on offer from the Messiah Jesus.

But I have told a few jokes in my day. Some were wise and some were unwise. This one turned out to be wise, because in your reaction I can see the kind of person I used to be. That helps me to see myself better and thank God that he rescued me from being as insecure, fearful, petty, and angry, as I was. It used to be, that I was almost completely unable to laugh at my own failings.

You still are the person you used to be. When people accept Jesus they are still sinners and when people reject Jesus they are still sinners. So this paragraph just reveals that you are a sinner and a liar to boot. Anyone reading it will see the sickening pride it reveals.

:) And i am totally secure in Jesus.

:) And i am totally secure in Jesus.

What's kind of a shame is that when you die and encounter nothingness, you will never know it and will never have to suffer for all of the bloody violence you indirectly support by your "beliefs". Cultist.

What do you mean i did not turn the cheek?

Adstar, you are called to a higher standard than this. Here is what I meant by turning the other cheek, but surely you already know this. You just are not doing it.

Matthew 5
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40 If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also. 41 And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. 42 Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.

Love Your Enemies

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? 48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

AND ALSO...

Murder Begins in the Heart

Matthew 5
21 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ 22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.

I am asking you on this basis to let go of your anger, Adstar!

Do you really think that God does not mind when you judge and condemn others? Do you think that you are a faithful servant to God when you openly disobey His commands and arrogantly dare to steel His authority from Him?

Anyway, I forgive you for judging me!

Anyone reading it will see the sickening pride it reveals.

Pride in oneself has always been a threat to the control masters of certain organized religions.
It lets you realize you don't always have to be ashamed of being human;)

Back