Parent sleeping with son's friend

Why are so many of the responses here regarding the 15 -16 year old boys actions? It doesnt matter if a kid of 15 is capable of having sex, the issue is what a 30+ year old woman was doing having sex with minors.

Wisdom Seeker

You know, back in the Dawkins thread I challenged the claim that religion was a source of evil. I take that back. This is disgusting.

I have no religion, I only say what I believe as truth.

But again, the truth has no responsability to adapt into your precoceived judgemental attitude. The fact is, sexually mature men and women should be able to have sex with whoever they want to, regardless of age and divisions. The only thing preventing people from doing it is the law, as if that is not stupid enough; a law made by sexually repressed perverts hidding behind traditional stupidity.

Why are so many of the responses here regarding the 15 -16 year old boys actions? It doesnt matter if a kid of 15 is capable of having sex, the issue is what a 30+ year old woman was doing having sex with minors.

Nope, the issue here is how external people to the situation are getting into stuff that is non-of their damn business.

Nope, the issue here is how external people to the situation are getting into stuff that is non-of their damn business.

agreed

its seems as though its already being taken care of, however if you are a parent and hear this is happening dont you have some sort of duty to inform the other childs parents at least?

agreed

its seems as though its already being taken care of, however if you are a parent and hear this is happening dont you have some sort of duty to inform the other childs parents at least?

I´m not a parent, but if a 15 year old kid wants to have sex with mature women, he is going to do so regardless of what their parents know. The only responsability the parents have towards their kids is to inform them of the repercutions this could have in their lifes, not to mention the bad energies they are going to absorb when they get into sexual contact with a person whom they are not in love with.
I mean, the parents job is not to gossip about this, or sue the woman; the parents job is to instruct their kids in the subject, instead of being concerned on what external people may do to seduce the kids, they should be more concerned on talking to their own kids about it.

But, sometimes people rather go to the police instead of dealing with confronting their kids about this matter; this is kinda stupid in my book, but is not their faults. The fault is in tradition, that their parents didn´t confront them about this, and if we go back in time, repressions go deeper and deeper.

I´m not a parent, but if a 15 year old kid wants to have sex with mature women, he is going to do so regardless of what their parents know. The only responsability the parents have towards their kids is to inform them of the repercutions this could have in their lifes, not to mention the bad energies they are going to absorb when they get into sexual contact with a person whom they are not in love with.
I mean, the parents job is not to gossip about this, or sue the woman; the parents job is to instruct their kids in the subject, instead of being concerned on what external people may do to seduce the kids, they should be more concerned on talking to their own kids about it.

But, sometimes people rather go to the police instead of dealing with confronting their kids about this matter; this is kinda stupid in my book, but is not their faults. The fault is in tradition, that their parents didn´t confront them about this, and if we go back in time, repressions go deeper and deeper.

None the less, this woman has caused consternation and trauma with her actions, within the society of which, she is happy to reap the benefits. Her judgement is very poor if she thought for a second there could be no reprocussions from her greedy(?), aborrant(?) and egotistical(?) sex act with a young fool. Bottom line, she broke the law and the law will punish, poorly or fairly, is perhaps all you could argue.

in many/most states that would be considered illegal therefor as an outside observer dont you have a obligation to at least tell the childs parents whats up and then let them make the ultimate decision

So by this logic, orleander should have ignored the situation until her own son became a notch on this womans belt (so to speak)?

None the less, this woman has caused consternation and trauma with her actions, within the society of which, she is happy to reap the benefits.
She has caused consternation and trauma to people she has no responsability towards; not to mention that the people who are concerned or traumatized by this are the people who need even more help than that woman...
And I don´t think she is happy either, after all according to the story, she is an alcoholic. She is dealing with a lot of emotions and thoughts that currently place her in hell, I don´t think she needs more bullshit from enyone else.

Her judgement is very poor if she thought for a second there could be no reprocussions from her greedy(?), aborrant(?) and egotistical(?) sex act with a young fool. Bottom line, she broke the law and the law will punish, poorly or fairly, is perhaps all you could argue.
There are going to be repercussions, she has to deal with what she did with an ape in her back as her conscience. Putting her in jail only makes things worst, do you think she would be put in there for life? Or just enought time to make her life a bit more of a living hell, making her potentially more dangerous not only in the "arts of seduction", but as a criminal instructed by the best criminals.

But how can you think that the law will punish her "fairly"? I seriously think that the law is flawed on this one. Not to mention that I don´t think prison is a solution for anything.

Its not gossip if you approach them as a concerned parent, what if the child had bragged about planning to shoot up a school, should you not inform the parents because you dont want to gossip?

So by this logic, orleander should have ignored the situation until her own son became a notch on this womans belt (so to speak)?

I´m nobody to tell people how they should raise their children; but letting the woman be freed does not necesarily means she is going to "attack" (lol) Orleander´s kid, and if she did, it does not mean the kid is going to actually do it. I believe that if the kid is not ignorant on the subject, he would not have sex with the woman, the responsability of the parents is of instructing their children, and not letting them be ignorant in the subject. The responsability of the parents is not "playing cops" with other people in order to make their kids "safe", that is stupid, there are plenty of pedophiles out there...

But how can you think that the law will punish her "fairly"? I seriously think that the law is flawed on this one. Not to mention that I don´t think prison is a solution for anything.

I really don't know what they do in the states, usually it seems harsh to us canadians(though I do wish we would punish murderers like the U.S does). In Canada, I can assure you it would be nothing more than well paid counselling.

As for the Law, I have learned the only way to overturn a Law that was "wrong" is for many people to break it, many times.

Its not gossip if you approach them as a concerned parent
Concerned parents often do things they shouldn´t do out of love for their kids; and just because is an act out of love, it does not mean that is the best thing for the kids.

Hat if the child had bragged about planning to shoot up a school, should you not inform the parents because you dont want to gossip?
There are many variants in this situation.
Who is the kid bragging to?
Do his parents know?
Does the kid has violent tendencies?
Who are the kid´s parents?

Gossip never solves a thing.

I really don't know what they do in the states, usually it seems harsh to us canadians(though I do wish we would punish murderers like the U.S does). In Canada, I can assure you it would be nothing more than well paid counselling.
If that is the case of the law, I have not a bit of a problem with it; it seems like the best thing to do.
But in the US I think sex with an "underage kid" is apt for prison.

As for the Law, I have learned the only way to overturn a Law that was "wrong" is for many people to break it, many times.
What do you mean with this? I bet the drug laws are an exception!! As far as I know, there are currently more drug addicts than any time in history and the stupid laws are still there (except for places like Amsterdan, and I know that Canada has many good reforms to that), but I mean overall, specially in the US.

What do you mean with this? I bet the drug laws are an exception!! As far as I know, there are currently more drug addicts than any time in history and the stupid laws are still there (except for places like Amsterdan, and I know that Canada has many good reforms to that), but I mean overall, specially in the US.

Well I don't know anyone whom even uses pot regularly, I don't know the actual statistics, but are they at say..1929 Alcohol consuption levels(percapita)?

Anyways as we see with certain people...get away with it(small # drug possession) and some get tossed in the slammer. Another problem with American justice I guess. I guess that proves a point made earlier - A MAN in this situation would be punished, so should a woman.

and that's it exactly!! minorS! She didn't have sex with one of Jimmy's friends, but several of them! The other parents weren't calling about Bobby, they were calling about their own sons. The cop didn't even know of the child I called about. So now they have yet another case to investigate. Yet another child to track down.

how is telling the parents of the child something you overheard their kids saying going behind anyones back?

Back