Have you ever seen anything supernatural?

is that the "no other gods before me" one?

i still don't see how some appreciation of kali would be blasphemous. particularly, as i said, if the hindu religion accepts christianity. you know what i mean? i'm not sure that makes sense.

Yes, but Christianity does not accept Hinduism, other gods, or other religions:

"You shall have no other gods before Me." Exodus 20:3

“You shall have no other gods before me. DE 5:7

"Do not follow other gods to serve and worship them; do not arouse my anger with what your hands have made. Then I will not harm you.” Jer 25:6

“Son of man, these men have set up idols in their hearts and put wicked stumbling blocks before their faces. Should I let them inquire of me at all?" EZ 14:3

"And I have also said, ‘I will not drive them out before you; they will become traps for you, and their gods will become snares to you.’”" Judges 2:3

"...if you by any means forget the Lord your God, and follow other gods... you shall surely perish. As the nations which the Lord destroys before you, so you shall perish, because you would not be obedient to the voice of the Lord your God." Deuteronomy 8:10-20

"You shall not go after other gods, the gods of the peoples who are around you" Deuteronomy 6:14

“Pay attention to all that I have said to you, and make no mention of the names of other gods, nor let it be heard on your lips." Exodus 23:13

“You shall have no other gods before me. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them" Exodus 20:3-6

"Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son." 2john 1:9

"How long, O men, will you turn my glory into shame? How long will you love delusions and seek false gods?" Psalm 4:2

"Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods" Psalm 40:4

"This is your lot, the portion I have decreed for you," declares the LORD,
"because you have forgotten me and trusted in false gods." jeremiah 13:25

"O LORD, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in time of distress, to you the nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Our fathers possessed nothing but false gods, worthless idols that did them no good." Jeremiah 16:19So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that “An idol is nothing at all in the world” and that “There is no God but one.” 1 Corinthians 8:4

“Tell them this: ‘These gods, who did not make the heavens and the earth, will perish from the earth and from under the heavens.’” Jeremiah 10:11

But their idols are silver and gold, made by human hands.Psalm 115:4

“Gather together and come; assemble, you fugitives from the nations. Ignorant are those who carry about idols of wood, who pray to gods that cannot save. Isaiah 45:20

They lift it to their shoulders and carry it; they set it up in its place, and there it stands. From that spot it cannot move. Even though someone cries out to it, it cannot answer; it cannot save them from their troubles. Isaiah 46:7

Do people make their own gods? Yes, but they are not gods!” Jeremiah 16:20

As you can see above, not only are they not even real, but the mere mention of their names are blasphemous.

There are many many other verses concerning this!

Yes, but Christianity does not accept Hinduism, other gods, or other religions:

"You shall have no other gods before Me." Exodus 20:3

“You shall have no other gods before me. DE 5:7

"Do not follow other gods to serve and worship them; do not arouse my anger with what your hands have made. Then I will not harm you.” Jer 25:6

“Son of man, these men have set up idols in their hearts and put wicked stumbling blocks before their faces. Should I let them inquire of me at all?" EZ 14:3

"And I have also said, ‘I will not drive them out before you; they will become traps for you, and their gods will become snares to you.’”" Judges 2:3

"...if you by any means forget the Lord your God, and follow other gods... you shall surely perish. As the nations which the Lord destroys before you, so you shall perish, because you would not be obedient to the voice of the Lord your God." Deuteronomy 8:10-20

"You shall not go after other gods, the gods of the peoples who are around you" Deuteronomy 6:14

“Pay attention to all that I have said to you, and make no mention of the names of other gods, nor let it be heard on your lips." Exodus 23:13

“You shall have no other gods before me. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them" Exodus 20:3-6

"Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son." 2john 1:9

"How long, O men, will you turn my glory into shame? How long will you love delusions and seek false gods?" Psalm 4:2

"Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods" Psalm 40:4

"This is your lot, the portion I have decreed for you," declares the LORD,
"because you have forgotten me and trusted in false gods." jeremiah 13:25

"O LORD, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in time of distress, to you the nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Our fathers possessed nothing but false gods, worthless idols that did them no good." Jeremiah 16:19So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that “An idol is nothing at all in the world” and that “There is no God but one.” 1 Corinthians 8:4

“Tell them this: ‘These gods, who did not make the heavens and the earth, will perish from the earth and from under the heavens.’” Jeremiah 10:11

But their idols are silver and gold, made by human hands.Psalm 115:4

“Gather together and come; assemble, you fugitives from the nations. Ignorant are those who carry about idols of wood, who pray to gods that cannot save. Isaiah 45:20

They lift it to their shoulders and carry it; they set it up in its place, and there it stands. From that spot it cannot move. Even though someone cries out to it, it cannot answer; it cannot save them from their troubles. Isaiah 46:7

Do people make their own gods? Yes, but they are not gods!” Jeremiah 16:20

As you can see above, not only are they not even real, but the mere mention of their names are blasphemous.

There are many many other verses concerning this!

gosh skaught, thanks. i would surely burn in hell without you.

in regards to the blasphemy, i'll stick to my guns here and say that as long as hinduism accepts christianity as truth, there is no conflict and there is no blasphemy.

as far as kali is concerned, i've identified with the character in "the lady in the water" too. that doesn't mean i'm worshipping her as a god at all, much less before the creator of the universe (the father).

there are certainly false gods; i believe that. the self being what i see as the most prevalent and well received. money and material possessions would have to be next in line i think. sin is certainly up there. people worship their vanity, pride, and lusts for sure.

but to be reasonable, which religious people aren't necessarily known for, there is more than one way to look at the same thing. and there is more than one way to say the same thing. when i was younger i studied the world's major religions enough to realize that there are obvious truths in all of them, and most of them result in many of the same behaviors (depending on who's using them and why). when comparing them, to me, christianity was the most comprehensive answer. not the most exclusive necessarily; imo that is just the result of practitioners ego. but definitely the most comprehensive, and therefore the final answer if you will.

and it makes the most sense according to my life experience and my environment.

that doesn't mean i can't learn from or appreciate aspects of any other doctrines.

i'm a christian, and because of some experience i've had that i do attribute to god, i very much relate to kali. so much so, that if the baby i'm carrying is a girl, i'm going to name her kali.

i don't understand why this is blasphemous. i was under the impression that the hindu belief is that all other religions/faiths are true/accepted, which would include christianity of course.

The bible is quite clear that showing any admiration or approval of other deities would indeed go against God's word.I mean speaking the name of other deities is bad enough.(Exodus 23:13) Of course this isn't of concern to Christians that pick and choose which parts to actually follow from the bible.

If Hinduism accepts Christianity as truth then does Christianity accept Hinduism as truth in return? or is this an unfair one way trade?

Of course this isn't of concern to Christians that pick and choose which parts to actually follow from the bible.
yea, it can look like that..its more of which parts make more sense..(IMO)

If Hinduism accepts Christianity as truth then does Christianity accept Hinduism as truth in return? or is this an unfair one way trade?
i only speak for myself..

"You shall have no other gods before Me."

I think God is saying that because he is the creator he is all powerful. So it would be ok to follow the word of someone else because it is of God (as he is the creator of all things on earth, above, and bellow), so long as it fits into the teachings of Jesus. Lets face it, Jesus didn't live in our times, so not all of his words fully apply today.

"Do not follow other gods to serve and worship them; do not arouse my anger with what your hands have made. Then I will not harm you.”

Here I think the point is do not blindly follow someone because they provide something for you, that does not make them all powerful (as only God is such), but to follow someone because they are leading you for the good of man is completly different.

The bible is quite clear that showing any admiration or approval of other deities would indeed go against God's word.I mean speaking the name of other deities is bad enough.(Exodus 23:13) Of course this isn't of concern to Christians that pick and choose which parts to actually follow from the bible.

i only believe in one god...one creator...one "father"...one law. but in the bible there are other spiritual entities, and other persons. some persons that i identify with. so while i would not "worship" kali, i do and can identify with her as i've previously said and as i can identify with many other persons and characters.

like i said, i think there are truths to be found in many things including many religions, and there's more than one way to say the same thing. imo, christianity is the most comprehensive and relevant explanation of my experience, but that doesn't mean i can't benefit from doing yoga or meditating, or that i couldn't get a helpful perspective from some religious text other than the bible, or from art, or from some other person.

if hinduism accepts christianity as truth, then hinduism accepts one creator and law maker as i do, and accepts christ as the savior of humanity, and that's really all that matters.

i only believe in one god...one creator...one "father"...one law. but in the bible there are other spiritual entities, and other persons. some persons that i identify with. so while i would not "worship" kali, i do and can identify with her as i've previously said and as i can identify with many other persons and characters.

like i said, i think there are truths to be found in many things including many religions, and there's more than one way to say the same thing. imo, christianity is the most comprehensive and relevant explanation of my experience, but that doesn't mean i can't benefit from doing yoga or meditating, or that i couldn't get a helpful perspective from some religious text other than the bible, or from art, or from some other person.

if hinduism accepts christianity as truth, then hinduism accepts one creator and law maker as i do, and accepts christ as the savior of humanity, and that's really all that matters.

I love how religious people can twist their religion to fit whatever they want to believe.

this is so irritating. get a dictionary ffs; what the hell?

Amazing, you have a mental aberration and call it 'God', but can't see that others might have slightly more personal and less grandiose interpretations these words?

You really _do_ need to get your head examined.

I love how religious people can twist their religion to fit whatever they want to believe.

religion tries to make it a math formula..(do this, get that)

why don't atheist listen when a believer explains it in such a way as to NOT make it a math formula.:shrug:
(pry cause then the atheist wouldn't have anything to argue with..:shrug:)

religion tries to make it a math formula..(do this, get that)

why don't atheist listen when a believer explains it in such a way as to NOT make it a math formula.:shrug:
(pry cause then the atheist wouldn't have anything to argue with..:shrug:)
Or maybe it's because no two believers seem to believe the same thing. Makes me think that y'all are just making it up as you go along.

But you aren't a Hindu.

So you are committing blasphemy.

I know, right? It doesn't matter what other religions think of Christianity, their beliefs aren't binding to Christians. Nazis also thought their beliefs were compatible with Christianity, so does that mean Christianity approves of Nazism?

I know, right? It doesn't matter what other religions think of Christianity, their beliefs aren't binding to Christians. Nazis also thought their beliefs were compatible with Christianity, so does that mean Christianity approves of Nazism?

I loled...

I actually have more respect for a religious person who follows the tenets of their religion, than a religious person who picks and chooses the things about their religion that they will believe in. Especially with Christians due to the very nature of Christianity... Just seems so... Silly and hypocritical.

But you aren't a Hindu.

So you are committing blasphemy.

That's ridiculous. The only reason to be that close minded and stupid is fear, which is the opposite of faith. People make a religion out of anything. The stupidest things sometimes I think. Worshipping a creator is nothing more than a reverence for whats right. You can't do that without knowledge, which is not attained through fear or by sticking your head in the sand or living inside a box. People who subscribe to the mentality you're suggesting are afraid of everything...history, philosophy, literature, art, music, education, other people, other cultures, and are therefore retarded. That's not me and I don't have much respect for people like that.

Nothing I said was twisted or contradicts anything within Christianity. You're simply threatened by any rational perspective regarding faith. That's no one's problem but yours.

Or maybe it's because no two believers seem to believe the same thing. Makes me think that y'all are just making it up as you go along.

that's what i mean..atheist (theist also..) tend to make it about the rules, as soon as a rule gets passed into law..the choice is no longer there.(with respect to consequence)..

sorry..its hard to answer that without getting into a rant..

ppl want hard answers.they/we want 'do this,get that', it makes it so much simpler,makes it so one doesn't have to be responsible..why should one think about whether one can or can't do 'X', they won't let them do it anyway, so why should one expend ones thoughts on something one has no control of anyway? (see the danger?)

Back