Why Priest Can't Marry?

Originally posted by whatsupyall
your right, marriage is taught by God, we are called to be in union with God, TO BE THE BRIDE OF CHRIST, prepared to meet the groom- (see Rev). Marriage is simply in union between God and man, or male and female. St. Peter never gt married, is he then evil? St. Paul never got married, is he then evil? Your prophet, the catholic Martin Luther, the guy who started the reformation, he never got married, is he then evil? Maybe not married in male and female, but married in Christ, as a bride of Christ, having the church as his bride (not literally atheist children).

** Do you really think the Bride of Christ is the R.C.C.:eek:

** I'm not calling anybody evil for not getting married. Priest allowed to marry is a postive step

Maybe not married in male and female, but married in Christ, as a bride of Christ, having the church as his bride (not literally atheist children).
whatsupyall:
You mean priests see Jesus in young children?

Why Priest Can't Marry?

I didn't bother to read more than the first few replies to this thread and I'm not sure if anyone has answered the question yet. Priests used to be able to marry, and when they died their belongings went to their wives. The church (being the greedy bastards they are) didn't like that, and decided that all priests should be celebate in order to keep the wealth within the organization so to speak.

Originally posted by Lady
whasupyall,

** Except the children..... get a wife.

YOUR TRUE COLOR CAME OUT, GENERALIZING LIKE AN ATHEIST, IGNORANT CHILD, LISTEN, THE CHURCH ALLOWS PRISON TIME FOR THOSE WHO MOLEST, RAPE, OR KILL WHETHER YUR PRIEST OR NOT. THE ONLY REASON WHY THEY HAD MEETINGS IS IF AFTER SERVING TIME IN PRISON, SHOULD A PRIEST NEVER BE ALLOWED TO CELEBRATE MASS AGAIN IF HE COMMITED THE ACT, OR SHOULD HE BE FORGIVEN AND GIVEN THE CHANCE, SOME SAY TO SHOW MERCY AND GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO CHANGE, IN A REHAB, BUT SOME SAY THAT THEY SHOULD BE KICKED OUT AND NEVER AGAIN BE ALLOWED TO BE A PRIEST, (MANY PEOPLES REQUEST) THATS WHAT THE MEETING IS ABOUT, AFTER ALL THEY WENT TO SCHOOL FOR 8 YRS AND WE ARE ALL SINNERS. NOT ALL PRIEST ARE MOLESTERS FRENCHENEEZ, OH I MEAN LADY....
LET ME GUESS, U TAKE THE BIBLE LITERALLY TOO?

** I don't care if the Catholic Church compiled the Bible.I'm sure it has many relics including the bones of the saints it murder. However I do accept the scriptures and do believe the R.C.C has no authority over me.

ONCE AGAIN, IF U ACCEPT THE SCRIPTURES WHICH ARE COMPILED BY THE CATHOLICS, THEN U ACCEPT THE AUTHORITY OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH BECAUSE THAT WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE IF IT WASNT BECAUSE OF THE CHURCH. PERIOD, U TAKE ALL, OR U TAKE NOTHING. JUST AS WHEN JESUS BEGAN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, HE TOOK ALONG ALL THE JEWISH TRADITION WITH HIM, HE DIDNT COME TO ABOLISH THE LAW BUT TO FULFILL IT. U IN THE OTHER HAND IS HALF AND HALF, ACCEPTING THE BIBLE, BUT NOT ACCEPTING WHO COMPILED IT, AND ON TOP OF THAT USING IT AGAINST US. THAT IS LIKE GRABBING AN APPLE, SAYIHNG APPLE IS GOOD, BUT HATE THE APPLE TREE WHERE THE FRUIT COMES FROM.

** Praying for the dead won't change thier outcome.

SO GOD IS A LIAR THEN AND YOU ARE SMARTER THAN GOD LADY? GOD SAID IT IS GOOD AND WHOLESOME TO PRAY FOR THE DEAD, SO GOD TALKS MEANINGLESS? (I CAN QUOTE THIS TO U EXACTLY)

** King Henry wasn't in a religious postion, however, priest who claim to follow Christ ,and commit child molestation amongst other abominations in the sight of the Lord is perveted beyond words. It's not only unacceptable by God but punishable by our laws as well. The R.C.C. needs to realize that saints are called and created by God alone and if history has taught us anything than the R.C.C. should realize it is far from Holiness [/B][/QUOTE]

AGAIN GENERALIZING, IF HISTORY TAUGHT US SOMETHING, THEN IT IS THAT THE HUMAN RACE IS A MESS. GERMANS ARE KILLERS, WHITES ARE KILLERS, ASIANS ARE KILLERS, BLACKS ARE KILLERS, GENERALIZING ALL THE TIME, U R NOW LIKE THE ATHEIST. OF COURSE IT IS PUNISHABLE BY THE LAW, THOSE PRIEST WENT TO PRISON AND SERVED THEIR TIME, IF SOME BISHOP DEFENDED HIM , THEN THATS HIS PERSONAL ACT BUT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHURCH, OR ITS TEACHING..
KING HENRY'S PERVERSION AND MARTIN LUTHER'S "PREDETERMINATION" AND STEALING THAT WHAT GOT THE REFORMATION STARTED, A HISTORICAL FACT.

THE SPANISH INQUISITION ISNT SCRIPTURAL, IT IS NOT IN THE CANON LAW THAT MASSIVE MURDER IS OK, IT IS NOT IN THE CATECHISM, AND IT IS NOT A DOGMA, BUT AN INDEPENDENT PERSONAL ACT. A HUMAN'S DRIVE TO CONQUER NATIONS USING GOD'S NAME FOR THE SAKE OF GOLD AND WEALTH, FACE IT, THAT WAS ONE REASON WHY THE EXPLORERS TRAVELED THE WORLD...

AND YOU AGAIN MISUNDERSTOOD THE INFALLIBILITY OF THE POPE, HE SIMPLY HOLDS THE SAME AUTHORITY AS PETER "WHATEVER U BIND ON EARTH WILL BE BOUND IN HEAVEN", THAT IS CALLED A DOGMA. THE MASSIVE MURDER, THE SEX AND SCANDAL, SUCH AS A POPE WHO HAD KIDS, ETC. ARE HUMANS SINS, DONT MIX THAT UP WITH HIS INFALLIBILITY AND ASSUME THAT WE MEANT HE IS PERFECT LIKE GOD, YOUR AN IDIOT OTHERWISE FOR THINKING THAT WAY.
FOR 2000 YRS THERES ONLY 2 THINGS THE POPE BOUND ON EARTH, AND WHICH INTURN IS BOUND IN HEAVEN. AND THAT IS "MARY IS FREE FROM ORIGINAL SIN" BECAUSE IF SHE IS A SINNER, THEN JESUS WHOM SHE RAISED AND DEVELPED IN HER WOMB WILL BE STAINED BY SIN, FOR THE BIBLE SAYS "AS YUR FATHERS WERE SO WILL U BE". SECOND, THAT MARY SINCE SHE SHARE THE SAME FLESH WITH JESUS ASSUMED INTO HEAVEN. THATS IT, THE 2 DOGMAS...

YOUR TRUE COLOR CAME OUT, GENERALIZING LIKE AN ATHEIST, IGNORANT CHILD, LISTEN, THE CHURCH ALLOWS PRISON TIME FOR THOSE WHO MOLEST, RAPE, OR KILL WHETHER YUR PRIEST OR NOT. THE ONLY REASON WHY THEY HAD MEETINGS IS IF AFTER SERVING TIME IN PRISON, SHOULD A PRIEST NEVER BE ALLOWED TO CELEBRATE MASS AGAIN IF HE COMMITED THE ACT, OR SHOULD HE BE FORGIVEN AND GIVEN THE CHANCE, SOME SAY TO SHOW MERCY AND GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO CHANGE, IN A REHAB, BUT SOME SAY THAT THEY SHOULD BE KICKED OUT AND NEVER AGAIN BE ALLOWED TO BE A PRIEST, (MANY PEOPLES REQUEST) THATS WHAT THE MEETING IS ABOUT, AFTER ALL THEY WENT TO SCHOOL FOR 8 YRS AND WE ARE ALL SINNERS. NOT ALL PRIEST ARE MOLESTERS FRENCHENEEZ, OH I MEAN LADY....
LET ME GUESS, U TAKE THE BIBLE LITERAL

** The church allows prison time? Is this a lost cost already?

** Boo hoo hoo, education doesn't mean morality, really now, who's doing the hiring.

** How is the Bible to be taken and what is a catechism

ONCE AGAIN, IF U ACCEPT THE SCRIPTURES WHICH ARE COMPILED BY THE CATHOLICS, THEN U ACCEPT THE AUTHORITY OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH BECAUSE THAT WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE IF IT WASNT BECAUSE OF THE CHURCH. PERIOD, U TAKE ALL, OR U TAKE NOTHING. JUST AS WHEN JESUS BEGAN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, HE TOOK ALONG ALL THE JEWISH TRADITION WITH HIM, HE DIDNT COME TO ABOLISH THE LAW BUT TO FULFILL IT. U IN THE OTHER HAND IS HALF AND HALF, ACCEPTING THE BIBLE, BUT NOT ACCEPTING WHO COMPILED IT, AND ON TOP OF THAT USING IT AGAINST US. THAT IS LIKE GRABBING AN APPLE, SAYIHNG APPLE IS GOOD, BUT HATE THE APPLE TREE WHERE THE FRUIT COMES FROM.

** Praying for the dead won't change thier outcome, however I can see why that Great Whore would demands this, Purgatory. The $$ piggy bank will dwindle.( he-he)

** King Henry wasn't in a religious postion, however, priest who claim to follow Christ ,and commit child molestation amongst other abominations in the sight of the Lord is perveted beyond words. It's not only unacceptable by God but punishable by our laws as well. The R.C.C. needs to realize that saints are called and created by God alone and if history has taught us anything than the R.C.C. should realize it is far from Holiness

AGAIN GENERALIZING, IF HISTORY TAUGHT US SOMETHING, THEN IT IS THAT THE HUMAN RACE IS A MESS. GERMANS ARE KILLERS, WHITES ARE KILLERS, ASIANS ARE KILLERS, BLACKS ARE KILLERS, GENERALIZING ALL THE TIME, U R NOW LIKE THE ATHEIST. OF COURSE IT IS PUNISHABLE BY THE LAW, THOSE PRIEST WENT TO PRISON AND SERVED THEIR TIME, IF SOME BISHOP DEFENDED HIM , THEN THATS HIS PERSONAL ACT BUT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHURCH, OR ITS TEACHING..
KING HENRY'S PERVERSION AND MARTIN LUTHER'S "PREDETERMINATION" AND STEALING THAT WHAT GOT THE REFORMATION STARTED, A HISTORICAL FACT.
** Are the priest a intricate part of the Great whore?

THE SPANISH INQUISITION ISNT SCRIPTURAL, IT IS NOT IN THE CANON LAW THAT MASSIVE MURDER IS OK, IT IS NOT IN THE CATECHISM, AND IT IS NOT A DOGMA, BUT AN INDEPENDENT PERSONAL ACT. A HUMAN'S DRIVE TO CONQUER NATIONS USING GOD'S NAME FOR THE SAKE OF GOLD AND WEALTH, FACE IT, THAT WAS ONE REASON WHY THE EXPLORERS TRAVELED THE WORLD..

** Is the Great Whore not using Gods name for their own means.

FOR 2000 YRS THERES ONLY 2 THINGS THE POPE BOUND ON EARTH, AND WHICH INTURN IS BOUND IN HEAVEN. AND THAT IS "MARY IS FREE FROM ORIGINAL SIN" BECAUSE IF SHE IS A SINNER, THEN JESUS WHOM SHE RAISED AND DEVELPED IN HER WOMB WILL BE STAINED BY SIN, FOR THE BIBLE SAYS "AS YUR FATHERS WERE SO WILL U BE". SECOND, THAT MARY SINCE SHE SHARE THE SAME FLESH WITH JESUS ASSUMED INTO HEAVEN. THATS IT, THE 2 DOGMAS... [/B][/QUOTE]

** Let me guess... the pope forgave Mary.

AND YOU AGAIN MISUNDERSTOOD THE INFALLIBILITY OF THE POPE, HE SIMPLY HOLDS THE SAME AUTHORITY AS PETER "WHATEVER U BIND ON EARTH WILL BE BOUND IN HEAVEN", THAT IS CALLED A DOGMA. THE MASSIVE MURDER, THE SEX AND SCANDAL, SUCH AS A POPE WHO HAD KIDS, ETC. ARE HUMANS SINS, DONT MIX THAT UP WITH HIS INFALLIBILITY AND ASSUME THAT WE MEANT HE IS PERFECT LIKE GOD, YOUR AN IDIOT OTHERWISE FOR THINKING THAT WAY.

** Blind leading the blind, literally, the Pope is blind, if he thinks he holds the authority of Peter. If the deeds of the Great Whore are bound in heaven than whats the difference between Heaven and Hell.

** Is the Great Whore not using Gods name for their own means.

LOL, A TYPICAL BRAINWASHED CHRISIAN, LIKE THE ATHEIST KIDS, LEADING A BLIND FAITH....POOR YOU, LET ME GUESS, U ARE TOLD BY YOUR PASTOR WE ARE THE GREAT WHORE OF BABYLON, WE ARE ALL GAY, WE ARE THE DEVIL HIMSELF, WE WORSHIUP MARY ABOVE GOD, WE THINK THE POPE IS SINLESS, IN SHORT, CATHOLICS ARE GOING TO HELL.
LADY, I RECOMMEND U LEARN ABOUT THE HISTORY OF YUR FAITH, THE ROOT, AND WHY PROTESTANT CAME ABOUT, THERES OVER 20,000 DENOMINATION, WHY? BECAUSE EACH ONE OF THEM ISNT GUIDED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT, TAKE THE BIBLE LITERALLY, AND DONOT RECOGNIZE WHAT JESUS SAID WHEN HE SAID "PETER U ARE MY ROCK, AND UPON MY ROCK I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH AND NOT THE GATES OF HELL SHALL PREVAIL AGAINST IT, ETC." PETER, BEFORE HE DIED HANDED THAT DOWN, TILL THE POPE TODAY, YOU ARE BLIND TO THAT. 2000 YEARS, THE CHURCH REMAINS STRONG, UNWAVERING, AND FAITHFULL, NOW, AND FOREVER MORE, THIS IS THE ROCK WHHICH NOT EVEN THE GATES OF HELL WILL PREVAIL AGAINST, THERE COULD BE MILLIONS OF ATHEIST, OR MILLIONS OF ISLAM, OR COMMUNIST, BUT THE ROMAN CATHOILIC CHURCH FOUNDED BY PETER HIMSELF WILL PREVAIL, THATS ALL I CAN SAY.

** Praying for the dead won't change thier outcome, however I can see why that Great Whore would demands this, Purgatory. The $$ piggy bank will dwindle.( he-he) .

AGAIN, YOU ARE MAKING A FOOL OF WHAT GOD SAID, YOUR A BLASPHEMY! YOUR TALKING SMACK AGAINST GOD. GOD SAID IT IS GOOD AND WHOLESOME TO PRAY FOR THE DEAD, IT IS IN THE BOOK OF MACCABEES. THE BOOK WHICH MARTIN LUTHER TOOK OUT, HE THEN PRINTED AND PUBLISHED THE INCOMPLETE BIBLE WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF THE RIGHTFULL OWNER (CATHOLIC CHURCH), THEN STARTED HIS OWN CHURCH CALLED "THE LUTHERANS", HOW STUPID, HE STARTED A CHURCH UNDER HIS NAME, HOW PRIDEFULL, INSTEAD OF USING "UNIVERSAL CHURCH". HE ALSO STARTED THE "PREDETERMINATION" CRAP, THE LIE THAT DECIEVED MANY IUN QUESTIONING GOD'S GREATNESS. HE WAS A THIEF, HE HELPED KING HENRY SUPPORT HIS PERVERSION, THATS HOW THE REFORMATION BEGAN.

** Let me guess... the pope forgave Mary.

I THINK YOU WILL BE THE FIRST PERSON ILL IGNORE HERE LADY, AND TRUST ME I DONT IGNORE JUST ANYONE, BECAUSE THE MORE I DEBATE WITH U, THE MORE I REVEAL YOUR IGNORANCE AND I DONT WANT THAT BECAUSE U CLAIM TO BE A CHRISTIAN LIKE ME, NEXT TIME JUST ASK INSTEAD OK?
MARY FORMED JESUS, AND RAISED HIM UP AS A CHILD, FED HIM, TOOK CARE OF HIM, JESUS LISTENS TO NOONE ON EARTH, THE APOSTLES LISTEN TO HIM, BUT WHEN HIS MOTHER CALLS ON HIM, JESUS NOT ONLY LISTEN, BUT HE OBEYS. THE WEDDING OF CANNAN IS AN EXAMPLE. WHEN JESUS WAS IN THE WEDDING, THEY RAN OUT 0F WINE, THE SERVANTS COMPLAINED TO MARY, MARY THEN CALLED JESUS AND ASKED HIM TO HELP THEM OUT, AND JESUS OBEYED, HIS FIRST MIRACLE.
NOW IF MARY WAS A SINNER, WHY WOULD JESUS OBEY HER? AND AT THE TIME JESUS HAVENT DIED FOR THE HUMAN'S RACE SINS YET, WHY THEN SHOULD JESUS OBEY TO A SINNER WHO INSTEAD NEED TO LISTEN TO HIM.

** The church allows prison time? Is this a lost cost already? .

?????

** Boo hoo hoo, education doesn't mean morality, really now, who's doing the hiring. .
[/QUOTE

?????

** How is the Bible to be taken and what is a catechism .

THATS THE PROBLEM WITH YOU, YOU ARE WALKING A BLIND FAITH, YOU CLAIM TO BE A CHRISTIAN BUT NOT KNOW THE HISTORY OF YOUR FAITH, BUT THEN AGAIN, YOU SPEAK OF IGNORANCE, AND THERES NOTH9NG WRONG WITH THAT, AS LONG AS YOUR VIRTUES AND HUMBLE, BUT BY ACCUSATION AND GENERALIZATION, IT SHOWS YUR NOT HUMBLE AT ALL TO SHOW NO RESPECT FOR PRIEST.

** Blind leading the blind, literally, the Pope is blind, if he thinks he holds the authority of Peter. If the deeds of the Great Whore are bound in heaven than whats the difference between Heaven and Hell.

THEN LADY JESUS MUST BE A LIAR THEN ACCORDING TO YOU, JESUS SAID IT, DONT QUESTION ME, QUESTION GOD, FACT IS ST. PETER'S TOMB IS STILL IN VATICAN, HIS AUTHORITY GIVEN TO HIM BY JESUS HIMSELF HANDED DOWN BEFORE HE DIED TO THE NEXT POPE, TAKING HIS POSITION.
ITS LIKE THESE, JESUS HANDED HIS AUTHORITY TO PETER, FROM FORGIVING SINS, TO BOUNDING THINGS OON EARTH AND HEAVEN, THEN PETER HANDED DOWN THAT TO THE NEXT PERSON WHO IS TAKING HIS PLACE, AND SO FORTH, A FACT.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why Priest Can't Marry?

** Fortunately God ordains genuine saints.
If he exists, I suppose he would. The question is who does he tell about it?

Originally posted by musclehead... oops I mean whatsupyall
AND DONOT RECOGNIZE WHAT JESUS SAID WHEN HE SAID "PETER U ARE MY ROCK, AND UPON MY ROCK I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH
Of course, the Gospel of Thomas has a few interesting things to say about that:

(12) The disciples said to Jesus, "We know that you will depart from us. Who is to be our leader?" Jesus said to them, "Wherever you are, you are to go to James the righteous, for whose sake heaven and earth came into being."

(3) Jesus said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

(77) Jesus said, "It is I who am the light which is above them all. It is I who am the all. From me did the all come forth, and unto me did the all extend. Split a piece of wood, and I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find me there."
(113) His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"
<Jesus said,> "It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be a matter of saying 'here it is' or 'there it is.' Rather, the kingdom of the father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it."

~Raithere

hahaha, funny Rait, I have my own too. I call it "The Gospel of Whatsupyall". Read below...

When a normal guy was on his way to the church to thank God for his life, a man approached him and said "Your an accident, lightning created your legs, earthquake shook and formed your heart, then tornado created your eyeballs", the normal guy then said "Huh? Are you ok?", the guy then said "There is no proof of an intelligent cause", the normal guy then said "And there is proof that mr. lightning created me by super duper luck?". The stranger then said "All christians are murderers", the normal guy then said "Huh? Are you ok?", stranger once again said "Wheres King Henry? Wheres Shakespeare? I havent seen or touched them, therefore they are myths", normal guy then said "Whatever, Im going to church and pray, and your on my list, May God help you one day, bye"....the normal guy kept on walking. Then years went by, at the old age they both died and passed away in this earth, one spent his life satisfying himself, one spent his life loving others generously....and so is life...

ultitruth, ill get back with u, yur asking a deep question which requires a deep answer, ill get the answer, just hold on
whatsupyall

It is days that I have been waiting for the list of Religious Texts and scriptures you have researched upon (of religions that you know of).
...without too many pages and the CAPS please

Why did you run away?

The doctrine of the Nicolaitanes

Revelation 2:15, " So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitane, which thing I hate."

You will recall that I brought out in the Ephesian Age that the word Nicolaitane, comes from two Greek words: Nikao which means to conquer, and Lao which means the laity. Nicolaitane means, "[/I]to conquer the laity." Now why is this such a terrible thing? It is terrible because God has never placed His church in the hands of an elected leadership which moves with political mindedness. He has placed His church in the care of God -ordained, Spirit-filled, Word living men who lead the people through feeding them the Word. He has not separated the people into classes so that the masses are led by a holy priest hood. It is true that the leadership must be holy, but then so must be the whole congregation. Further, there is no place in the Word where priest or ministerrs or such mediate between God and the people, nor is there a place where they are separated in their worship of the Lord. God wants all to love and serve Him together. Nicolaitanism destroys those precepts and instead separates the ministers from the people and makes the leaders overlords instead of servants. Now this doctrine actually started as a deed in the first age. It appears that the problem lay in two words: "elders" (presbyters) and "overseers"(bishops). Though Scripture shows that there
are several elders in each church , some began (Ignatius among them) to teach that the idea of a bishop was one of preeminence or authority and control over the elders. Now the truth of the matter is the word "elder" signifies who the person is, while the word" bishop" signifies the office of the
same man. The elder is the man. Bishop is the office of the man. "Elder" always has and always will refer simply to a man's chronological age in the Lord. He is an elder, not because he is elected or ordained, etc., but because he is OLDER. He is more seasoned, trained, not a novice, reliable because of experience and long standing proof of his Christian experience. But no, the bishops did not stick to the epistles of Paul, but rather they went to Paul's account of the time he called the elders from Ephesus to Miletus in Acts 20. In verse 17 the record stated, " elders" were called and then in verse 28 they are called overseers(bishops). And these bishops( no doubt political minded and anxious for power) insisted that Paul had given the meaning that "overseers" were more than the local elder with official capacity only in his own church. To them a bishop was now one with extended authority over many local leaders. Such a concept was neither Scriptural nor historical, yet even a man of the stature of Polycarp leaned toward such organization. Thus, that which started as a deed in the first age was made a literal doctrine and so it is today . Bishops still claim power to control men and deal with them as they desire, placing them where they so will in the ministry. This denies the leadership of the Holy Ghost who said, " Separate Me Paul and Barnabas for the work whereunto I have called them. " This is anti-word and anti-Christ. Matthew 20:25-28," But Jesus called them unto Him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you; but whosoever will be great among you,let him be your minister and whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto,but to minister. His life a ransom for many." Matthew 23:8-9, " But be not ye called Rabbi: for One is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. "And call no man father upon the earth: for One is your Father, Which is in heaven.

In order to clarify this even more, let me explain Nicolaitanism in this way . You recall that in Revelation 13:3 it says, " And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death: and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. "Now we know that the wounded head was the pagan Roman Empire, that great political world power. This head rose again as the "Roman Catholic spiritual empire. "Now watch this carefully. What did political pagan Rome do that was the basis of her success? She, "divided and conquered. " That was the seed of Rome- divide and conquer. Her iron teeth tore and devoured. Whom she tore and devoured could not ride again as when she destroyed Carthage and sowed her to salt. The same iron seed remained in her when she arose as the false chruch, and her policy has remained the same- divide and conquer.
That is Nicolaitanism and God hates it.

Now it is a well know historical fact that when this error crept into the church, men began to vie for the office of bishop with the result that this postion was being given to the more educated and materially- progressive and politically minded men. Human knowledge and program began to take over Divine wisdom's place and the Holy Spirit no longer controlled. This was indeed a tragic evil, for the bishops began to maintain that it no longer required a transparent Christian character to minster either the Word or the rites in the church for it was the elements and the ceremony that counted This allowed evil men(seducers) to rend the flock.

With the man- made doctrine of the elevation of bishops to a place not accorded them in the scripture, the next step was the handing out of graded titles that built up into a religious hierarchy; for soon there were archbishops over bishops and cardinals over the archbishops and by the time of Boniface the third there was a pope over all a Pontiff

What with the Nicolaitane doctrine and the amalgamation of Christianity with Babylonianism the net result had to be what Ezekiel saw in Chapter 8:10, "So I went in and saw; and behold every form of creeping things, and abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Isreal, portrayed upon the wall around." Revelation 18:2, "And he cried mightily, with a strong voice saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and cage of every unclean and hateful bird, for all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornications."

Now the Nicolaitane doctrine, this rule that was established in the church did not hit it off too well with a lot of the people for they could read the odd epistle or essay on the Word written by some godly person. So what did the church do? It excommunicated the righteous teachers and burned the scrolls. They said, " It takes a special education to read and understand the Word. Why even Peter said that many things Paul wrote were hard to understand. "Having taken away the Word from the people, it soon came to the people listening only to what the priest had to say, and doing what he told them. They called that God and His holy Word. They took over the minds and lives of the people and made them servants of a despotic priesthood.

Now if you want proof that the Catholic Church demands the lives and minds of men, just listen to the edict of Theodosius X Theodosius' First Edict.

This edict was issued immediatey after he was baptized by the First Church of Rome. "We three emperors will that our subjects steadfastly adhere to the religion which was taught by Saint Peter to the Romans, which has been faithfully preserved by tradition and which is now professed by the pontiff, Damacus of Rome, and Peter, bishop of Alexandria, a man of Apostolic holiness according to the institution of the Apostles, and the doctrine of the Gospel; let us believe in one Godhead of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, of equal majesty in the Holy Trinity. We order that the adherents of this faith be called Catholic Christians; we brand all the senseless followers of the other religions with the infamous name of heretics, and forbid their conventicles assuming the name of churches. Besides the condemnation of divine justice, they must expect the heavy penalty which our authoriy, guided by heavenly wisdom shall think proper to inflict....."

The fifteen penal laws that this emperor issued in as many years deprived the evangelicals of all rights to the excercise of thier religion, excluded them from all civil offices, and threatened them with fines, confiscation, banishment and even in some cases, death.

Do you know what? We are headed right that way today.

The Roman Catholic Church calls herself the Mother church. She calls herself the first or original church. That is absolutely correct. She was the First Church of Rome that backslid and went into sin. She was the first that organized, In her was found the deeds and then the doctrine of Nicolaitanism. No one will deny that she is a mother. She is a mother and has produced daughters. Now a daughter comes out of a woman. A woman robed in scarlet is sitting on the seven hills of Rome. She is a harlot and has borne daughters. Those daughters are the Protestant Churches that came out of her and then went right back into organization and Nicolaitanism. This Mother of the daughter churches is called a Whore . That is a woman who was untrue to her marriage vows . She was married to God and then went off fornicating with the devil and in her fornications she has brought forth daughters that are just like her. This mother and daughter combination is anti-word, anti-spirit and consequently anti-Christ, Yes, ANTICHRIST

Now before I get too far along I want to mention that these early bishops thought that they were above the Word. They told people they could forgive sins upon confession of those sins. That never was truth. They begin to baptize infants in the second century. They actually practiced regenerational baptism. No wonder people are mixed up today. If they were that mixed up then, so close to Pentecost, now they are in a most desperate condition, being about two thousand years away from original truth

Oh, Church of God, there is only one hope. Get back to the Word and stay with it.

by

Rev. William Marrion Branham

Last edited:
Re: The doctrine of the Nicolaitanes

Matthew 23:8-9, " But be not ye called Rabbi: for One is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. "And call no man father upon the earth: for One is your Father, Which is in heaven.

The Roman Catholic Church calls herself the Mother church. She calls herself the first or original church. That is absolutely correct. She was the First Church of Rome that backslid and went into sin. She was the first that organized, In her was found the deeds and then the doctrine of Nicolaitanism. No one will deny that she is a mother. She is a mother and has produced daughters. Now a daughter comes out of a woman. A woman robed in scarlet is sitting on the seven hills of Rome. She is a harlot and has borne daughters. Those daughters are the Protestant Churches that came out of her and then went right back into organization and Nicolaitanism. This Mother of the daughter churches is called a Whore . That is a woman who was untrue to her marriage vows . She was married to God and then went off fornicating with the devil and in her fornications she has brought forth daughters that are just like her. This mother and daughter combination is anti-word, anti-spirit and consequently anti-Christ, Yes, ANTICHRIST

Now before I get too far along I want to mention that these early bishops thought that they were above the Word. They told people they could forgive sins upon confession of those sins. That never was truth. They begin to baptize infants in the second century. They actually practiced regenerational baptism. No wonder people are mixed up today. If they were that mixed up then, so close to Pentecost, now they are in a most desperate condition, being about two thousand years away from original truth

Oh, Church of God, there is only one hope. Get back to the Word and stay with it.

by

Rev. William Marrion Branham
SO WHY THEN SHOULD YOU GO HOME AND CALL YOUR FATHER BY HIS NAME? YOUR TAKING THIS LITERALLY, YOUR SON CALLS YOU FATHER, SOLOMON CALLS DAVID "FATHER". EVEN PASTORS TODAY CALLS THEIR FATHER "ATHER". THIS IS S0 SO SAD, THE DEVIL INDEED POLLUTED THE CHURCH ITSELF......PEOPLE TAKE THE BIBLE LITERALLY, THIS SIMPLY MEANS "THOU SHALL NOT HAVE OTHER GODS BEFORE ME" JESUS SAID "FOR WHOEVER IS THE FRIEND OF THE EARTH (WORLD) IS THE ENEMY OF GOD", "WHY DO YOU ACCUSE ME? BECAUSE YOUR HEART IS EVIL, AND YOU DO WHAT YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL ASK OF YOU"..TO SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE YOUR FATHER WHO LIVES OF THE EARTH AND OF THE WORLD MEANS YOU ARE HAVING THE WAYS OF THE WORLD TAKE CHARGE OF YOU AS A FATHER FIGURE, WHEN INSTEAD IT SHOULD BE GOD AND HIS FOLLOWERS THAT WILL TAKE CHARGE OF YOU (PROPHETS, PRIEST, LAY MISSIONARIES, ETC.)...."LORD LEAVE THEM IN THE WORLD, BUT NOT OF THE WORLD"- JESUS..

I READ IT ALL, LADY....THAT IS SO SAD, A CONVINCING LIE, IF I WAS DUMB, IGNORANT, AND INNOCENT, I WILL ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT GUY, BUT THANK GOD IM ARMED WITH A SHIELD OF WISDOM...OF COURSE ALL SUBJECTS AND LEADERS NEED TO BE A GOOD EXAMPLE, THATS COMMON SENSE, BUT IF U SAY YOU ARE ANTI AUTHORITY, THEN WHY DO YOU LISTEN TO YOUR PASTORS? WHY DO YOU LISTEN TO THEIR INTERPRETATION, SUCH AS THIS GUY, THIS ARE HIS OWN INTERPRETATION AND U LISTEN TO HIM, THEREFORE U ACCEPT HIS AUTHORITY, IS AUTHORITY WRONG? EVEN JESUS ASK YOU TO RESPECT AUTHORITY FIGURE "GIVE TO CEASARS WHATS CEASARS, AND GOD WHATS GOD'S", EVEN THE APOSTLES WERE GIVEN AUTHORITY BY CHRIST "FULL AUTHORITY HAS BEEN GIVEN TO ME BY THE FATHER BOTH IN HEAVEN AND EARTH, AS THE FATHER HAS SENT ME SO I SEND YOU" ONCE AGAIN THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH HUMANS HAVING AUTHORITY AS BILLY GRAHAM HAVE AUTHORITY OVER THE "BILLY GRAHAM MINISTRY"....

THATS THE PROBLEM WITH YOU GUYS, YOU TRANSLATE THE BIBLE INDIVIDUALLY AND ASSUME THAT IT CAME FROM GOD, WHEN IT MAY VERY WELL BE FROM THE DEVIL! WHERE IS IT IN THE BIBLE WHEN THE WHORE OF BABYLON HAD DAUGHTERS THAT ARE GOOD PEOPLE? WHERE? AFTER ALL YOU CLAIM TO ONLY BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE, BUT WHERE IS IT? THERES NONE!!! YOU ARE JUST LIKE THE ATHEIST...
AND LET US JUST LIE AND SAY IT IS IN THE BIBLE, ARE YOU SAYING PROTESTANTS ARE GOOD CHURCHES? THERES A GAY CHURCH OF CHRIST, THERES A FEMINIST CHURCH FOR CHRIST, THERES EVEN JEHOVAS WITNESS WHO DONT BELIEVE HE IS GOD, THERES STRIPPERS FOR CHRIST (I HEARD IT ON HBO), , THERES NATURIST FOR CHRIST, THERES POLYGAMIST FOR CHRIST, THERES INCEST FOR CHRIST. THERE ARE MANY MANY PROTESTANTS RIGHT NOW WHO THINKS YOU HAVE TO BE CHRISTIAN TO ENTER HEAVEN AND THE REST OF THE WORLD ARE GOING TO HELL..
THERES OVER 25,000 DENOMINATION AND EACH ONE CLAIMS TO BE THE TRUE CHURCH, SOME PROTESTANT CHURCHES EVEN SUPPORTS ABORTION, THERES EVEN A CHURCH IN THE SOUTH WHERE THEY LITERALLY DRINK POISONS OF SNAKES AND TEST GOD'S POWER WITHIN THEM, THERES ALSO CHURCHES WHO DONT BELIEVE IN MEDICAL SCIENCE, RESULTED IN MANY DEATHS. THERES ALSO SOUTHERN BAPTIST WHO TOOK THE BOOK OF GENESIS LITERALLY THINKING THE EARTH IS ONLY 6,000 YEARS OLD....AGAIN THERE ARE OVER 25,000 DENOMINATIONS....

NOW IF YOU ACCEPT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH BEING THE MOTHER OF THE TRUTH, THEN TELL ME WHAT IS THE HISTORY AND CAUSE WHY THE CHURCH SPLIT? EDUCATE YOURSELF, ARE YOU BLIND LIKE THE ATHEIST? OR ARE U JUST RAISED UP YOUR ENTIRE LIFE BEING TOLD WE ARE THE DEVILS....ARE YOU BLIND TO THE FACT THAT THE BIBLE ORIGINALLY WAS STOLEN, SOME PARTS OF IT WERE REMOVED (SUCH AS MACCABEES AND THATS WHY U DONT BELIEVE IN PRAYING FOR THE DEAD BECAUSE IT IS NOT IN YUR BIBLE) PRINTED AND PUBLISHED LACKING MANY GOSPELS, THEN ALLOWED "DIVORCE" SO THAT MAN CAN MARRY AND REMARRY WHENEVER IT IS CONVENIENT, ARE YOU BLIND TO THAT? IF YOU MAKE A VOW INFRONT OF THE ALTAR AND SAY TO GOD "LORD, TILL DEATH DO US PART", IF YOUR CHURCH IS SO TRUE, THEN WHY DOES YUR CHURCH GIVE THE GUY PERMISSION TO SIN AGAINST GOD? IT IS ONE THING TO SIN AND MAKE MISTAKE, BUT IT IS ANOTHER TO RATI0ONALIZE AND PROMOTE EVIL, WHICH IS WHAT UR CHURCH IS DOING..
IF WE ARE THE ANTI-CHRIST AND YET WE ARE AGAINST ABORTION, AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY, PROMOTES LOVE, SENDS LAY MISSIONARIES AND OTHERS TO THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES, SEND POLITICIANS TO GIVE RIGHTFULL LAWS, WHICH ONE OF MANY RESULT AS "ONE NATION UNDER GOD" IN THE PLEDGE OF ALEGIONS, GIVES CHARITY, ETC. THEN WHAT IS GOOD TO YOU? GAY CHURCH FOR CHRIST? AFTER ALL THAT IS A PROTESTANT....

LADY, THIS IS SO SAD, YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED BY THE WORLD, HALF EVIL, HALF GOOD, HALF TRUTH, HALF LIE. YOUR LUKEWARM...

IN MY BROTHERS WORK, THERE IS A WHOLE BOOK ABOUT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH BEING NOT CHRISTIAN AND ARE THE ANTI-CHRIIST. IN FACT THE POPE WAS ACCUSED OF BEING THE ANTI-CHRIST BACK IN THE 80'S, NOW THAT HE IS DYING I GUESS THEY TOOK THAT BACK HUH..
YOU KNOW WHAT IS THE RESULT OF THIS TRASH TALKING? ATHEISM, THATS WHY MANY BECOME ATHEIST BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS....YOU WILL NEVER HEAR A ROMAN CATHOLIC PRIEST BAD MOUTHING ANY DENOMINATIONAL CHRISTIAN OR ACCUSING THEM OF BEING THE DEVIL, BUT YOU WILL HEAR THAT ALOT FROM PROTESTANTS, DOESNT THAT SAY SOMETHING? BECAUSE OF THIS MANY WILL FIND NO REASON FOR BELIEVING, THANKS FOR SUPPORTING THIS LADY, YOU SURE HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB OF ALLOWING CONFUSION IN THE FAITH, THANKS....

YOU KNOW WHAT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH TEACHES ABOUT YOU HUMANS IN GENERAL? YOUR NOT EVIL (UNLIKE WHAT U SAID ABOUT US), YOU ARE A PERSON, CAPABLE OF LOVE, AND HAVE SOME TRUTH IN YOU. EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO HEAVEN, WHETHER YUR PROTESTANT OR BUDDHIST, AS LONG AS YOU ACCEPT THE VIRTUE AND TRY TO BE GOOD IN THIS LIFE, THATS JESUS FOR YOU, LOVING ALL REGARDLESS. HOWEVER, THE FULLNESS OF MORALITY AND LAWS IS IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.

TODAY WE ARE THE ONLY ORGANIZED AND UNITED RELIGION THROUGHOUT THE WORLD. WE ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO SPEAKS LOUDLY AGAINST ABORTION AND EUTHANASIA (OTHERS DONT PUT AS MUCH EFFORT AS WE DO, WE USE POLITICAL BY WHATEVER MEANS), AND ISNT AFRAID TO PROCLAIM THE TRUTH. WE ARE THE ONLY CHURCH THAT IS CIVILIZED AND USES ALL SCIENTIFIC FIELD AS PROOF OF GOD...

AND ONE MORE THING, JESUS SAID "I COME NOT TO ABLISH THE LAW, BUT TO FULFILL IT". JESUS DIDNT TAKE ANY LAWS AWAY, BUT FULFILLED IT, FOR INSTANCE, IT WAS PUNISHABLE BY DEATH IN THE LAW OF MOSES "AN EYE FOR AN EYE TOOTH FOR TOOTH", AND JESUS SAID "U HEARD THE EYE FOR AN EYE, BUT I SAY OFFER YOUR RIGHT CHEEK WHEN A MAN STRUCKS YOU". THAT IS BECAUSE THE DEATH THAT BELONGS TO YOU GOD PAID FOR AND FULFILLED IT. THE ROOT OF MOSES, ABRAHAM, KING DAVID WAS NEVER CUT OFFWHEN JESUS CAME, IN FACT WHEN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH WAS BORN, WE HAVE ALL THE JEWISH TRADITION WITH US FOR IT IS HUGE PART OF THE LAW AS JESUS REQUESTED, WE HAVE THE MASS, SYNAGOGUES (AS JESUS WAS WEARING SYNAGOGUES WHEN HE PREACHED AT TIMES), ETC. WE HAVE THAT HANDED DOWN TO OUR PRIEST, BISHOPS, CARDINALS, ETC. THE TRADITION OF PHARISEES, SADDUCEES (THOUGH MANY ARE BAD EXAMPLES, BUT NOT ALL BECAUSE NICCODAEMUS WAS A GOOD PHARISEE). MARTIN LUTHER ABOLISH ALL THAT, TOOK AWAY EVERY ROOT AND EVERY TRADITION OF JESUS CHRIST. WHEN GOD SAID TO ABRAHAM "I WILL MAKE YOUR DESCENDANTS NUMBER LIKE THE SANDS OF THE SHORE", GOD IS TALKING ABOUT US THE CHRISTIANS TODAY, BUT THEN MARTIN LUTHER ABOLISH THE ROOT OF ABRAHAM, THE SEED OF ABRAHM, NOW YOU HAVE NOTHING BUT JUST A TINY PART OF THE CHURCH OF GOD, ONLY THE BIBLE, IN FACT YOUR BIBLE IS LACKING...THANKS TO MARTIN LUTHER THE "DIVORCE" AND SUPPORTER FOR THOSE WHO ENJOYS BREAKING THEIR PROMISES TO GOD...

Last edited:
whatsupyall seems to think there's only two types of christians. Catholic and Protestant.

Lady wasn't saying the daughters of the RCC are good, she's condemning them as well if I understand her post correctly. Not that any of this matters since there is no right religion, they're all wrong.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why Priest Can't Marry?

Raithere

The RCC does state that celibacy is voluntary... so is becoming a Priest

** Can priest marry? If they so desire.

Raithere

The RCC does state that celibacy is voluntary... so is becoming a Priest

If priest marry because they desire so, that is like King Henry divorcing his wife because he desire so. Priest made a vow of chastity in God, they made that promise. And of course they have freewill, they can break their promise as they desire, but the church doesnt support that.

Once again, before becoming a priest, you know your consequences and whats ahead of you, so if your not sure u can live yur enitre life without a wife, then you should not volunteer to become a priest.
just as if your not sure to marry your girlfriend and live with her for the rest of your life, then you should not make a promise to God and marry her then break your promise, in fact NOONE SHOULD SUPPORT YOU FROM DOING EVIL, NOONE, ESPECIALLY THE CHURCH...

Re: Re: The doctrine of the Nicolaitanes

whatsupyall

SO WHY THEN SHOULD YOU GO HOME AND CALL YOUR FATHER BY HIS NAME?

**I call my biological father Dad, however, calling priest father, [/B] imagine how confusing that is to a young child?mad: And enforcing this tradition on the babes as well.

EVEN JESUS ASK YOU TO RESPECT AUTHORITY FIGURE "GIVE TO CEASARS WHATS CEASARS, AND GOD WHATS GOD'S", EVEN THE APOSTLES WERE GIVEN AUTHORITY BY CHRIST "FULL AUTHORITY HAS BEEN GIVEN TO ME BY THE FATHER BOTH IN HEAVEN AND EARTH, AS THE FATHER HAS SENT ME SO I SEND YOU" ONCE AGAIN THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH HUMANS HAVING AUTHORITY AS BILLY GRAHAM HAVE AUTHORITY OVER THE "BILLY GRAHAM MINISTRY"....

** Lets not confuse respect with authority[/B] .

THATS THE PROBLEM WITH YOU GUYS, YOU TRANSLATE THE BIBLE INDIVIDUALLY AND ASSUME THAT IT CAME FROM GOD, WHEN IT MAY VERY WELL BE FROM THE DEVIL!

** Likewise, the R.C.C[/B]

AND LET US JUST LIE AND SAY IT IS IN THE BIBLE, ARE YOU SAYING PROTESTANTS ARE GOOD CHURCHES? THERES A GAY CHURCH OF CHRIST, THERES A FEMINIST CHURCH FOR CHRIST, THERES EVEN JEHOVAS WITNESS WHO DONT BELIEVE HE IS GOD, THERES STRIPPERS FOR CHRIST (I HEARD IT ON HBO), , THERES NATURIST FOR CHRIST, THERES POLYGAMIST FOR CHRIST, THERES INCEST FOR CHRIST. THERE ARE MANY MANY PROTESTANTS RIGHT NOW WHO THINKS YOU HAVE TO BE CHRISTIAN TO ENTER HEAVEN AND THE REST OF THE WORLD ARE GOING TO HELL..
THERES OVER 25,000 DENOMINATION AND EACH ONE CLAIMS TO BE THE TRUE CHURCH, SOME PROTESTANT CHURCHES EVEN SUPPORTS ABORTION, THERES EVEN A CHURCH IN THE SOUTH WHERE THEY LITERALLY DRINK POISONS OF SNAKES AND TEST GOD'S POWER WITHIN THEM, THERES ALSO CHURCHES WHO DONT BELIEVE IN MEDICAL SCIENCE, RESULTED IN MANY DEATHS. THERES ALSO SOUTHERN BAPTIST WHO TOOK THE BOOK OF GENESIS LITERALLY THINKING THE EARTH IS ONLY 6,000 YEARS OLD....AGAIN THERE ARE OVER 25,000 DENOMINATIONS....

** [Reread William Branham article

NOW IF YOU ACCEPT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH BEING THE MOTHER OF THE TRUTH

**Mother of Harlots

, TTHEN WHY DOES YUR CHURCH GIVE THE GUY PERMISSION TO SIN AGAINST GOD? IT IS ONE THING TO SIN AND MAKE MISTAKE, BUT IT IS ANOTHER TO RATI0ONALIZE AND PROMOTE EVIL, WHICH IS WHAT UR CHURCH IS DOING..

**Rationalize...... hmm.. why can't priest marry again?

YOU KNOW WHAT IS THE RESULT OF THIS TRASH TALKING? ATHEISM, THATS WHY MANY BECOME ATHEIST BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS....YOU WILL NEVER HEAR A ROMAN CATHOLIC PRIEST BAD MOUTHING ANY DENOMINATIONAL CHRISTIAN OR ACCUSING THEM OF BEING THE DEVIL, BUT YOU WILL HEAR THAT ALOT FROM PROTESTANTS, DOESNT THAT SAY SOMETHING? BECAUSE OF THIS MANY WILL FIND NO REASON FOR BELIEVING, THANKS FOR SUPPORTING THIS LADY, YOU SURE HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB OF ALLOWING CONFUSION IN THE FAITH, THANKS....

** Don't thank me.B]Thank the R.C.C for allowing confusion in its faith.[/B]

YOU KNOW WHAT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH TEACHES ABOUT YOU HUMANS IN GENERAL? YOUR NOT EVIL (UNLIKE WHAT U SAID ABOUT US), YOU ARE A PERSON, CAPABLE OF LOVE, AND HAVE SOME TRUTH IN YOU. EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO HEAVEN, WHETHER YUR PROTESTANT OR BUDDHIST, AS LONG AS YOU ACCEPT THE VIRTUE AND TRY TO BE GOOD IN THIS LIFE, THATS JESUS FOR YOU, LOVING ALL REGARDLESS. HOWEVER, THE FULLNESS OF MORALITY AND LAWS IS IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.

** So whats the point of purgatory or Hell?

Last edited:

Sure but they'll no longer be priests.

If I might ask... why are you so keyed up on this issue? I mean, who the hell cares really? So if you want to be married then don't be a priest... fill some other role or subscribe to a different church.

~Raithere

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why Priest Can't Marry?

Originally posted by Raithere
Sure but they'll no longer be priests.

If I might ask... why are you so keyed up on this issue? I mean, who the hell cares really? So if you want to be married then don't be a priest... fill some other role or subscribe to a different church.

~Raithere

** No one has gave me a logical answer, however, if you can't, understand.

Religion and Logic

** No one has gave me a logical answer, however, if you can't, understand.
The only logic used in the RCC's consideration of issue I have pretty much presented. If you wish to know more I suggest you search through the Vatican site that I referenced earlier (they have done a rather nice job of it).

Like most religions the logic is not followed to its ultimate conclusion but only to the point of agreement with some point of dogma. IMO, most people use religion to bolster their personal beliefs rather than actually follow the central tenets to their logical conclusion. In most cases, this is out of necessity because following the logic either reveals the flaws or leads to certain conclusions that most people find untenable or contrary to other tenets.

~Raithere

Back