Topless Women March for Right to Go Topless

Yes it is. I do believe you have the time period correct but it was used before the 18th century as well I believe among the young aristocrats or whom were later referred to as 'dandies'

Well there you go. The upper-class people of the 18th century, especially in Europe, did have frilly clothing. I wouldn't be surprised if they wore lace as well.

But it was lace, beautiful hand made lace that would cost a fortune today. But it was only used as an adornment along with all the gorgeous embroidered silk.

A different time indeed.

Yeah today guy's wouldn't wear that.

I wouldn't particularly want them to either. Its a different time. A different aesthetic around what brings out the manliness in a man. Its what made Lady Chatterly all gaga over the wood chopper as opposed to her upper crust husband.

All that brawn!:p

I wouldn't particularly want them to either. Its a different time. A different aesthetic around what brings out the manliness in a man. Its what made Lady Chatterly all gaga over the wood chopper as opposed to her upper crust husband.

All that brawn!:p

The French were even more outrageous. The men wore powder, rouge, patches on their faces [little shapes like hearts and stars, which had different meanings based on where they were placed on the face] and carried delicate fans.

In some ways the change is bad. In others it's good. But I guess it's for the best. Gotta move forward.

Oh ok, I see what you mean. Yeah, some of these changes are...well...unfortunate.

What I find sad is the fact that men cannot celebrate their maleness and women cannot celebrate their femininity. We are different and those differences are actually our enhancements and strengths not our deficiencies.

Yeah, people push equality a little too far. While we all rightfully should be treated equally, we forget differences are good.

Equality really has to do with not denying someone their human rights or justice, its not about homogenization of the sexes. Equal pay for the same job, the right to vote, reproductive rights, land ownership rights, inheritance rights, protection for the disenfranchised equal access rights within reason etc. Its about protection from abuse not running around with your tits hanging out!

To me these women seem bored not women who are fighting for anything significant that would protect women in the world.

Its like carnival not activism

Last edited:
Equality really has to do with not denying someone their human rights or justice, its not about homogenization of the sexes. Equal pay for the same job, the right to vote, reproductive rights, land ownership rights, inheritance rights, equal access rights within reason etc. Its about protection from abuse not running around with your tits hanging out!

Exactly, they really accomplished nothing. Or did they? I don't think it got the results that they wanted, but did it work to an extent?

To me these women seem bored not women who are fighting for anything significant that would protect women in the world.

Yeah, they should protest something else.

Its like carnival not activism

Proper term is Mardi Gras. :D

Back