Topless Women March for Right to Go Topless

It all began when a bunch of men walked through main street wearing bras to protest discrimination.

Neither, I am simply standing up for men with a bit more avoirdupois than usual in the manboob section

LOL! Oh please stop! This thread is the most fun I've had here in a long time:D

Its a crying shame when you find headlines like these:

Why Can't Men Wear Panties?

Why is it that we no longer blink to see a woman in jeans, and a lady wearing men's boxers is considered cute and sexy, but a man in panties is often considered strange, or tasteless. I could fill this page full of women in bikinis and men's briefs alternately and nobody would have a problem, but fill it full of hard, toned male bodies strutting their stuff in lace and satin, and this page will be relegated to the seedy backwaters of the Internet, were millions lurk, frantically clearing their browser histories and contemplating downloading some of that drive cleaner software to boot.

And there are no male lingerie models to drool over. :bawl:

I was laughing when I saw the headline, then you read the article and it really kicks in.

Yeah, just thought I'd put in some of those female double standards out there. ;)

Lucy, I'm taking time out.

I don't really care if someone thinks it is progressive or not and really this is beside the point. We have a rule. The rule needs to be justified. If some people think that women going topless is progressive seems beside the point.
Are you saying there should be no laws regarding public nudity? Would this mean it would be Ok for men to expose their raging erections to the girls at the drivethru?

Plus, don't forget about the male tendency to be hypnotized by the sight of breasts, which can be dangerous. Check out this video http://www.break.com/usercontent/2007/7/13/topless-girl-causes-race-crash-330704

Are you saying there should be no laws regarding public nudity? Would this mean it would be Ok for men to expose their raging erections to the girls at the drivethru?

Plus, don't forget about the male tendency to be hypnotized by the sight of breasts, which can be dangerous. Check out this video http://www.break.com/usercontent/2007/7/13/topless-girl-causes-race-crash-330704

But thats not the point

The point is equality. Most of these women would be comfortable putting on their boyfriends shirt or sleeping in his PJs. How many of them would be comfortable if the BF pulled on their blouse or slept in their teddy or slip? So what do they mean when they say they want to be topless like men?

But thats not the point

The point is equality. Most of these women would be comfortable putting on their boyfriends shirt or sleeping in his PJs. How many of them would be comfortable if the BF pulled on their blouse or slept in their teddy or slip? So what do they mean when they say they want to be topless like men?
Too bad nobody at the protest thought to ask them that question.

One of the old fashioned ways to ensure boys tucked in their shirts was to stitch lace on the hems of the shirts.

When I read about that, I often wondered, weren't there any boys who liked lace? Before Brummel, wasn't lace a part of men's clothing?

I don't think so. Do you have a specific time period in which you think they wore it?

I don't think so. Do you have a specific time period in which you think they wore it?

In Europe lace was worn on specific parts of their clothing as adornment which of course came in and out of style as fashion dictates:

At the beginning of the eighteenth century, men wore outfits similar to those worn in the previous century. On their upper bodies wealthy men wore white linen or cotton shirts with a lace-edged jabot, or tie, topped with sleeveless waistcoats and a long-sleeved justaucorps, long overcoats. Below they wore satin knee breeches and silk hose held at the knee with garters. Working men wore much simpler, less well-made clothes of wool or cotton. By the middle of the century, wealthy men wore the same clothing, but the fit and decoration of these styles had changed quite a bit. The skirts of waistcoats stuck out away from the man's hips with padding or boned supports, and knee breeches fit very tightly against the leg. The fabric for men's clothes was bright and often elaborately embroidered with flowers or curving lines.

Read more: Eighteenth-Century Clothing - Fashion, Costume, and Culture: Clothing, Headwear, Body Decorations, and Footwear through the Ages http://www.fashionencyclopedia.com/...ighteenth-Century-Clothing.html#ixzz0kIV7BIxA

Before Beau Brummel made stark simplicity bon ton

18th century?

Lace cuffs for men were like this:

largecuffs.jpg

Back