The Muslim Black Box: Kaaba

So now I can offically put this thread to rest by concluding that the Kabaa rock was most probably a meteorite in origin as there was no moslem with any supportive evidence to challenge my claims!

Sam,Michael I thank you for your irrelevant input on this subject , and john i'm sorry but we are closing now!!!!

Peace everybody........:D

I think our concept of God is different, you tend to personalise God, so you assign numeric value, while my concept of God is formless and universal, so numbers make no sense.
Yes, I know – I’m not asking if you believe in your idea of God; of course you do and of course it makes sense to you.

I’m asking if it is possible for someone else’s ideas to be true instead of only your idea. Some people have believed there are more than one God. I am asking: Is it possible there are five Gods? Yes, this makes the assumption that you will not think about your version of God and entertain the notion that there are 5 Gods.

Again: Is it possible there are five Gods?

You mean accidental Prophet? Or deliberate deception? Or madness?
The question is very straight forward: Is it possible Mohammad was not a Prophet?

Its western hubris to consider other peoples as ignorant, I know, but really, the reverse is generally truer :D
; he'd have to be exceptionally talented to fool so many people over so many years.
The same could said for Shinto beliefs. They are much older than Islam and billions of people believed. I know MANY Japanese that still do. As a matter of fact, almost all Japanese have, what I would yes consider superstitious, beliefs. Even people I would have thought otherwise.

Anyway, your argument could be made for Buddhism, Hinduism, African nature worship, Christianity, Zeus, Jupiter, Thor, etc…

The same rational could also be used for the Baha’i (who also claim Mohammad was a Prophet – just not the last). As evidence they would show that the oldest Qur’an are different than the modern and thus it has been corrupted and then point to how most Islamic countries are crap and lots of Muslims have many superstitious beliefs and all this is evidence that Islam is corrupt and as such a new prophet was needed bla bla bla. (In your own religious teaching this fits rather well. Yet I am sure you are not Baha’i.)

Is it possible that Mohammad was NOT the last Prophet and that Bahá'u'lláh was the Last Prophet?

Also note:
Alexander was worshiped as a God for nearly the same length of time that Mohammadism has been around.

So I’ll ask again:
Is it possible Mohammad was not a Prophet?

(note: there is certainly no Hubris is asking a question. People were considered Hubris and executed by the church for suggesting the Earth orbited the Sun and was not the center of the Universe. Such Hubris!!!)

Aren't all Americans? :confused:
Hubris? Not all – some. Many when they get overseas act in a manner they’d surely not act at home. I think it’s some sort of defense mechanism? Hubris is not my character, but in a debate - I will debate the point. I realize that many, probably most, of my ideas are wrong.

Actually, I wish Sciforums had a sub-forum specifically for “debate” and that during debate each person who enters agreed to answer each question posited to them by ticking a box and that if they didn't answer the question they conceded the point. That would make things quicker.

That was a test; did you notice something interesting about the stuff written on it? Anything that seemed a little, shall we say, puzzling?
I was reading very quickly. I have said many times before that I think Mahammedism initiated from conservative Jews that adopted the ways of Arabs. I said before that I thought Mohammad was Jewish-ish :)
IMHO anyway.

So I naturally agreed with the writer's over arching assertion that all of the Jewish parts of the Qur’an (70%) were plagiarized from Judaism. It’s either that or an Angle whispered in Mohammad’s ear. I’m going with plagiarism. However, I also, as I posted in this thread, said that the I was told an Ethiopian Christian provided the Christian literature and a Persian Zoroastrian the Zoroastrian literature. And obviously the Arab practices would have come from Mohammad’s own back ground.

Anyway, yes it was weird the the name Mohammad was duplicated and so was the word Qur'an. Or at least I thought it was weird to me.

As to Reza, he might get a little mad but I will send you his MySpace page when I get it. Maybe today?

I thought this was common knowledge/:D
Yes, that is common knowledge. But many people still thought the Earth was flat. Eratosthenes was famous but not to the majority of people who were illiterate. They probably thought the earth was flat and many thought it was flat and rested on the back of turtle!

So now I can offically put this thread to rest by concluding that the Kabaa rock was most probably a meteorite in origin as there was no moslem with any supportive evidence to challenge my claims!
I don't think anyone disagreed that the rock was a meteorite???

Here I'll add something: meteorites are most easily found in the desert sands and in the snow. coincidence one was found in the deserts of Arabia? probably not!

Michael

Yes, I know – I’m not asking if you believe in your idea of God; of course you do and of course it makes sense to you.

I’m asking if it is possible for someone else’s ideas to be true instead of only your idea. Some people have believed there are more than one God. I am asking: Is it possible there are five Gods? Yes, this makes the assumption that you will not think about your version of God and entertain the notion that there are 5 Gods.

Again: Is it possible there are five Gods?

The question is very straight forward: Is it possible Mohammad was not a Prophet?

The same could said for Shinto beliefs. They are much older than Islam and billions of people believed. I know MANY Japanese that still do. As a matter of fact, almost all Japanese have, what I would yes consider superstitious, beliefs. Even people I would have thought otherwise.

Anyway, your argument could be made for Buddhism, Hinduism, African nature worship, Christianity, Zeus, Jupiter, Thor, etc…

The same rational could also be used for the Baha’i (who also claim Mohammad was a Prophet – just not the last). As evidence they would show that the oldest Qur’an are different than the modern and thus it has been corrupted and then point to how most Islamic countries are crap and lots of Muslims have many superstitious beliefs and all this is evidence that Islam is corrupt and as such a new prophet was needed bla bla bla. (In your own religious teaching this fits rather well. Yet I am sure you are not Baha’i.)

Is it possible that Mohammad was NOT the last Prophet and that Bahá'u'lláh was the Last Prophet?

Also note:
Alexander was worshiped as a God for nearly the same length of time that Mohammadism has been around.

So I’ll ask again:
Is it possible Mohammad was not a Prophet?

(note: there is certainly no Hubris is asking a question. People were considered Hubris and executed by the church for suggesting the Earth orbited the Sun and was not the center of the Universe. Such Hubris!!!)

Hubris? Not all – some. Many when they get overseas act in a manner they’d surely not act at home. I think it’s some sort of defense mechanism? Hubris is not my character, but in a debate - I will debate the point. I realize that many, probably most, of my ideas are wrong.

Actually, I wish Sciforums had a sub-forum specifically for “debate” and that during debate each person who enters agreed to answer each question posited to them by ticking a box and that if they didn't answer the question they conceded the point. That would make things quicker.

I was reading very quickly. I have said many times before that I think Mahammedism initiated from conservative Jews that adopted the ways of Arabs. I said before that I thought Mohammad was Jewish-ish :)
IMHO anyway.

So I naturally agreed with the writer's over arching assertion that all of the Jewish parts of the Qur’an (70%) were plagiarized from Judaism. It’s either that or an Angle whispered in Mohammad’s ear. I’m going with plagiarism. However, I also, as I posted in this thread, said that the I was told an Ethiopian Christian provided the Christian literature and a Persian Zoroastrian the Zoroastrian literature. And obviously the Arab practices would have come from Mohammad’s own back ground.

Anyway, yes it was weird the the name Mohammad was duplicated and so was the word Qur'an. Or at least I thought it was weird to me.

As to Reza, he might get a little mad but I will send you his MySpace page when I get it. Maybe today?

What is this, mental masturbation? :confused:

Your questions are utterly pointless.

And no, the puzzling part had to do with a logical dissonance not a fruitless repetition.

I don't think anyone disagreed that the rock was a meteorite???

Not denying the rock is a meteorite confirms it is? :p

Here I'll add something: meteorites are most easily found in the desert sands and in the snow. coincidence one was found in the deserts of Arabia? probably not!

Michael

Wow?:shrug:

What is this, mental masturbation? :confused:

Your questions are utterly pointless.

And no, the puzzling part had to do with a logical dissonance not a fruitless repetition.
I simply asked a couple questions:

1) Is it possible there are five Gods?
2) Is it possible Mohammad was not a Prophet?

There is no "mental" masturbation in asking those questions and I'm not trying to be a jerk, I am asking the question in all seriousness.

Michael

I simply asked a couple questions:

There is no "mental" masturbation in asking those questions and I'm not trying to be a jerk, I am asking the question in all seriousness.

Michael

I've already answered them, I'm sorry if they don't meet your idea of what the answers should be.

Do you think its possible that all people don't think like you?:rolleyes:

No

NASA hires people to hunt meteorites and to them it's probably was a wow when they first realized that. There is a large number of armature people who search deserts and tundra for meteorites.

I really don't get the shrug?

Michael

you're a victim of inductive speculation.

You're too enthralled with your conclusions to look at the facts.

I've already answered them, I'm sorry if they don't meet your idea of what the answers should be.
I did not read a yes or a no or I don't know answer Sam.

Either answer so or if you do not want to answer then just say I don't want to give an answer.

But don't be a jerk because you have a problem answering the questions.

Do you think its possible that all people don't think like you?:rolleyes:
Yes, which is why I asked very specific questions.

Pretty reasonable questions really, why the big feet drag?

Michael

PS: I have never in the months we have debated ever implied you were dull, dimwitted or that any of your questions were utterly pointless. I have read the links you have posted and I have offered my opinion and asked a question. This is a debate forum isn't it?

I have not even made a conclusion.

Here we are:

Is it possible there is a God - Yes.
Is it possible I could burn in hell - Yes.
Is it possible Mohammad was the last Prophet - Yes.

See, very easy,
Michael

Yes you have, which is why you are dissatisfied with my answers.:p

You have expectations of what they should be.
edit: oooh this is priceless!

I did not read a yes or a no or I don't know answer Sam.

Either answer so or if you do not want to answer then just say I don't want to give an answer.

But don't be a jerk because you have a problem answering the questions.

Yes, which is why I asked very specific questions.

Sam, dearest, please restate you answers. I am a a bit simple and dimwhitted and can not seem to find nor discern any meaning from them.

Could you please do me the kind favor or re-replying.

With many thanks and best wishes,
Michael

Sam, dearest, please restate you answers. I am a a bit simple and dimwhitted and can not seem to find nor discern any meaning from them.

Could you please do me the kind favor or re-replying.

With many thanks and best wishes,
Michael

Oh do get out of your pre-programmed mindset.

Not all answers are yes or no or I don't know.

Some of them are: this is what I think of when I hear this question.:)

If you need conclusions, that is your problem, not mine. ;)

I prefer not to speculate.

Also, RE The problem of induction is the philosophical issue involved in deciding the place of induction in determining empirical truth. . . . .

Again, I a bit thick headed. I see no reason how asking a couple questions regarding your personal opinion make me a victim of inductive speculation?

Oh do get out of your pre-programmed mindset.

Not all answers are yes or no or I don't know.

Some of them are: this is what I think of when I hear this question.:)
Sam, difficult, difficult is a serious understatement here: You are being difficult!

OK, then, again please, what was it you thought when you heard those questions?

Sam, difficult, difficult is a serious understatement here: You are being difficult!

OK, then, again please, what was it you thought when you heard those questions?

sigh

1. My concept of God does not allow for quantification.

If you say, by the X concept of gods, is it possible that there are 5 or 500 gods, then, its very likely yes, since the X concept of god is unlike mine.

2. No, because a Prophet is one who carries a message of God which according to me, he did.:p

Also, RE The problem of induction is the philosophical issue involved in deciding the place of induction in determining empirical truth. . . . .

Again, I a bit thick headed. I see no reason how asking a couple questions regarding your personal opinion make me a victim of inductive speculation?

Because you have pre-formed ideas of the conclusion before even getting my opinion, i.e. you have already decided what it would mean.:)

Back