Stun guns and cops.

Should cops use stun guns?

• Total voters
wrong again sam, i do care. read the evidence sam. ALL of these people were resisting in some manner. the ONLY exception is the guy on the gurney.

more sensationalism. read the evidence sam.

only because you aren't a cop.
you would feel a little different if you were a victim of one of these tased druggies.

"resisting arrest" is a very broad term leo and the cops are supposed to have the training to distinguish between right and wrong.

How many times have cops let people off with a warning? Looks like that will soon slip into the "good old days" like every other good thing about human beings.

"resisting arrest" is a very broad term leo and the cops are supposed to have the training to distinguish between right and wrong.
yes it usually means you are running, fighting, or being a "tough guy"
what would you wished the cops to do in those situations?

How many times have cops let people off with a warning?
you are talking moving violations here, and the person warned was NEVER resisting.
Looks like that will soon slip into the "good old days" like every other good thing about human beings.
i doubt it. regardless of what you believe our police departments are held up to the light, this thread for example.
very, very, few police actions escapes the public.

you are talking moving violations here, and the person warned was NEVER resisting.

i doubt it. regardless of what you believe our police departments are held up to the light, this thread for example.
very, very, few police actions escapes the public.

Yes and people like you who defend their behaviour against obviously nonthreatening people ensure they are never held accountable for it.

jesus christ sam please tell me you aren't that stupid.

Any cop go to prison following a taser incident with a child?

What if a civilian tasered a child and caused his injury/death?

Is there equal accountability here?

Does an 11 year old have equal repercussions to resisting arrest as an adult?

They should kill the 14 year old, the pregnant woman, the 56 year old woman in the wheel chair, the senior citizen.

Duh.

They were being so tough.

samcdkey said:
So 14 year olds and old women in wheelchairs are too much of a challenge for cops to handle?
So you want to make that judgement for them? Should they use martial arts, which can be just as lethal as a bullet? It would be a mistake to assume that a young person or a handicapped person is unable to injure or kill an officer. I do think cops should be trained better, but no one pays them enough money.

So you want to make that judgement for them? Should they use martial arts, which can be just as lethal as a bullet? It would be a mistake to assume that a young person or a handicapped person is unable to injure or kill an officer. I do think cops should be trained better, but no one pays them enough money.

They're spending a lot of money on the tasers. And they should have better judgement than to taser pregnant women and "retarded children".

Any cop go to prison following a taser incident with a child?
don't know, i doubt it.
What if a civilian tasered a child and caused his injury/death?
haven't a clue. i'm not aware of any incidences.
Is there equal accountability here?
of course there isn't. it's apparent you have no idea what you are dealing with here.
Does an 11 year old have equal repercussions to resisting arrest as an adult?
i'm not sure. i assume you are refering to the mentally deranged and unstable 11 year old mentioned earlier.
the responsibility rests squarely on the shoulders of the school in this case.

They're spending a lot of money on the tasers. And they should have better judgement than to taser pregnant women and "retarded children".
really?
have you ever dealt with combative people sam?
have you worked in an insane asylum?

I suppose they should as long as those people were not a threat to themselves or others. But that is incidental to the subject of wether they should have them at all.

I suppose they should as long as those people were not a threat to themselves or others. But that is incidental to the subject of wether they should have them at all.

Those who show poor judgement should not have them at all.

Its weird how any damn fool can get his hands on a weapon these days.

being pregnant does not give you a right to break the law.
being black also doesn't give you a right to break the law.
being retarded is a special case but working in an insane asylum i can tell you they are not to be trusted.

Its weird how any damn fool can get his hands on a weapon these days.
first thing you said in this thread i agree with.
you must remember cops aren't "any damn fool".
ALL of them have to take a battery of phsycological tests and be tested yearly.
if you like guns the chances of you becoming a cop is almost nil.
like i said sam you don't even know the hiring process do you?

first thing you said in this thread i agree with.
you must remember cops aren't "any damn fool".
ALL of them have to take a battery of phsycological tests and be tested yearly.
if you like guns the chances of you becoming a cop is almost nil.
like i said sam you don't even know the hiring process do you?

I know that sodomising an immigrant doesn't constitute acceptable law enforcement anywhere, unless you tell me different? If not, then there are pretty big loopholes in the hiring process.

being pregnant does not give you a right to break the law.
being black also doesn't give you a right to break the law.
being retarded is a special case but working in an insane asylum i can tell you they are not to be trusted.

Refusing to sign a ticket should not lead to a tasering
Wanting to pee in pregnant state should not lead to tasering
Being deaf and unable to hear should not lead to tasering
Being drunk and hence, belligerent at 74 should not lead to tasering
Being 11 years old and with diminished mental capacity should not lead to tasering

Refusing to sign a ticket should not lead to a tasering
for the third time she was refusing to get out of the car.
the cop warned her that she was going to get tasered, she still refused.
action justified.
Wanting to pee in pregnant state should not lead to tasering
links?
Being deaf and unable to hear police instructions should not lead to tasering
links?
Being drunk and hence, belligerent at 74 should not lead to tasering
was the man armed? was he resisting arrest? was he fighting?

Back