Stun guns and cops.

Should cops use stun guns?

• Total voters
the sensationalist strikes again.
get off of it sam. you have provided no evidence that tasers are the cause of death nor have you proved cops use tasers indiscriminately.

Obviously since you see nothing wrong with children and pregnant women being tasered. Its all justifiable use of force to you. You can even justify sodomizing of an immigrant with a broomstick. So nothing will ever be indiscriminate to you.

Obviously since you see nothing wrong with children and pregnant women being tasered.
given the circumstances of these incidents, no.
Its all justifiable use of force to you.
in the scenarios we discussed, yes.
You can even justify sodomizing of an immigrant with a broomstick. So nothing will ever be indiscriminate to you.
depends on what his crime was. it wasn't mentioned in the article what he was charged with nor his background.
Both of you probably get off on the NO BRAIN RETARDS together.
the biggest asylum in the state. housed over 1000 inmates, been in service since the early 20's

So only people who die are relevant? Children, women (pregnant or otherwise) physically and mentally challenged people being tasered are irrelevant? Anyone who does not instantly obey the police regardless of whether they are right or wrong are fair game?

In many cases yes. The long term health effects of tasering are not to be ignored, and it should be used with restraint, but this is a new kind of (virtually non-lethal) weapon, perhaps these kind of experiences with it are a learning experience.

Even electroshock therapy has not been discredited as a legitimate treatment for mental illness.

In many cases yes. The long term health effects of tasering are not to be ignored, and it should be used with restraint, but this is a new kind of (virtually non-lethal) weapon, perhaps these kind of experiences with it are a learning experience.

Depends on who's learning.

Even electroshock therapy has not been discredited as a legitimate treatment for mental illness.

Treatment is not the same as torture.

given the circumstances of these incidents, no.

in the scenarios we discussed, yes.

depends on what his crime was. it wasn't mentioned in the article what he was charged with nor his background.

the biggest asylum in the state. housed over 1000 inmates, been in service since the early 20's

Sorry but people like you give me the creeps. I hope there are no children where you work. I'm done with you.

I'm suggesting that violent people actually benefit from getting shocked. My friend was much calmer after his experience. I only wish I had some kind of cattle prod handy to shock some sense into him when he started talking in tongues and drinking bongwater.

Sorry but people like you give me the creeps. I hope there are no children where you work. I'm done with you.
think about that when and if you're stabbed by a deranged 11 year old.
what are you going to do ask politely if he would mind stopping?

and yes there are children where i work, some of them i never turn my back on.

edit
remember sam that these children i refer to are insane with violent personalities.
i had to edit this because sam likes to take shit out of context.

Last edited:
I'm suggesting that violent people actually benefit from getting shocked. My friend was much calmer after his experience. I only wish I had some kind of cattle prod handy to shock some sense into him when he started talking in tongues and drinking bongwater.

My neighbour was schizophrenic, but he was never electrocuted, only medicated. We learned to humor him. He married a nice girl and had 3 children. People don't always have to be perfect and those who are not responsible for their behaviour need people around them to take responsibility for them. Either that or euthanized for not being well. In fact, lets have standards for who's acceptable to live and put down everyone else.:rolleyes:

People don't always have to be perfect and those who are not responsible for their behaviour need people around them to take responsibility for them.
like the 11 year old at the school. the fault lies with the school not the police.

My neighbour was schizophrenic, but he was never electrocuted, only medicated. We learned to humor him. He married a nice girl and had 3 children. People don't always have to be perfect and those who are not responsible for their behaviour need people around them to take responsibility for them. Either that or euthanized for not being well. In fact, lets have standards for who's acceptable to live and put down everyone else.:rolleyes:

Well my friend wouldn't take his medication, thinking it contained a small black microchip that the government would implant your brain to control you. He almost electrocuted himself when he disassembled his TV to remove the bomb.

These people aren't being tortured, it's only until you can get the handcuffs on them.

Well my friend wouldn't take his medication, thinking it contained a small black microchip that the government would implant your brain to control you. He almost electrocuted himself when he disassembled his TV to remove the bomb.

These people aren't being tortured, it's only until you can get the handcuffs on them.

There are handcuffed people being tasered. And I don't agree, the instances of police brutality are too widespread and frequent. There is an issue being ignored here, primarily because it is the minorities who are targeted. I wonder how far it would go if a majority of victims were white. I have personally seen discrimination in the way people are treated here and I am on a multicultural campus.

There are handcuffed people being tasered.
and what was these handcuffed people doing when they got tasered?

And I don't agree, the instances of police brutality are too widespread and frequent.
you've only named one instance of police brutality sam, the man on the gurney.
There is an issue being ignored here,
yes there is and you are the one ignoring it.
primarily because it is the minorities who are targeted.
oh no the race card.
I wonder how far it would go if a majority of victims were white.
the majority may very well be white.
I have personally seen discrimination in the way people are treated here and I am on a multicultural campus.
by who sam. the admins? teachers? or very probably the students.

without having time to read the last 10 pages:

in countries where the police carry guns, tasers are a good alternative to deadly force, but here in new zealand where tasers are being trialed as an addition to the current arsenal of pepper spray and batons they are an unnessecary danger to the public.

without having time to read the last 10 pages:

in countries where the police carry guns, tasers are a good alternative to deadly force, but here in new zealand where tasers are being trialed as an addition to the current arsenal of pepper spray and batons they are an unnessecary danger to the public.

dude that's not nice, why would anyone have time to read your reply than? :(

the sensationalist strikes again.
get off of it sam. you have provided no evidence that tasers are the cause of death nor have you proved cops use tasers indiscriminately.

Did you miss all the parts where people get tazed and die?

You have an authoritarian personality. I bet you rim cops hardcore when they pull you over. Really grind your nose in their asshole. Beg and whimper and tell them you like how they are above you.

And I bet you work the hell out of those under you. Really abuse them, look for every reason to punish.

Classic fascist.

Did you miss all the parts where people get tazed and die?
and not a single one due soley to the use of the taser.
in 27 deaths in florida from tasers 20 had cocaine or some other amphetamine in their blood.
You have an authoritarian personality.
have no idea.
I bet you rim cops hardcore when they pull you over.
don't know what you mean by this.
Really grind your nose in their asshole.
Beg and whimper and tell them you like how they are above you.
And I bet you work the hell out of those under you. Really abuse them, look for every reason to punish.
Classic fascist.
classic herd mentality.
so without researching any of the facts you pass judgement on me like this.

Back