Splinter: Hunting, people, and populations

That's your interpretation.
Was ashura, according to you, wrong to call me ridiculous or not ?

Yes, but not because I agree with you; I simply believe that opinions are opinions, and there is no such thing as a "ridiculous" opinion if the person holding that opinion truly believes in it

Yep, and that's natural. You understand that right?
Do you think it's a good idea to mindlessly exploit nature ?

You also understand that there are human efforts in conservation and environmental protection, right?
Yes, but the harm done by humans is MUCH bigger than the good.

And you also understand that supporting conservation/environmental protection and hunting are not mutually exclusive, right?
I find it a very strange marriage..

And so, we can agree that hunting deer will not turn the environment into a wasteland, right?
We can agree on that. The discussion has broadened though.

You said "I can't believe you are this dumb"
I even quoted you. :rolleyes:
And yes, I did.

"I can't believe you are this dumb" means I don't believe you are this dumb.. wouldn't you agree ?
Besides, where did you get the idea that it was directed at you ?

Well, a million compared to a thousand, I'd say a thousand is low

Which is a good thing....:bugeye:

Yeah, the numbers are ginormously lower than when no Europeans were here. They were around 60 million and now number less than a quarter million. But their numbers are stable and they are being raised like cattle. If people ate more buffalo meat (you can buy it in the stores in the Midwest) I'm sure their numbers would go up.

Yeah, the numbers are ginormously lower than when no Europeans were here. They were around 60 million and now number less than a quarter million. But their numbers are stable and they are being raised like cattle. If people ate more buffalo meat (you can buy it in the stores in the Midwest) I'm sure their numbers would go up.

I think they are extinct in nature in the US ? I don't even think the Bison in question are native to the US.

Why not ?
Why is it?

If peoploe ate more buffalo meat their numbers would go down, not up!

However as I said the hunting has been brought under control. All I meant is that they are technically "endangered"

If people stop hunting, there will be no will whatsoever to protect wild land. Killing wild animals, somewhat paradoxically, is what protects them. Some of the most influential conservation groups in the US are composed of hunters.

Back