Splinter: Hunting, people, and populations

We use our brains to survive, and hunting was part of how we survived.

We aren't built like other predators for brute strength; however our brains allow us to trap or outwit our prey and therefore intelligence is ultimately superior to brute strength

Guess who comes out alive if I put you in one room with a moody bull..

What I meant is humans should use their mental abilities to see that destruction of habitat will ultimately backfire on us.
And even if it somehow doesn't, would you want to live in a world without trees or birds etc ?

And why is it ok to eradicate entire species ? Hell, entire ecosystems..

Why did you ask it ?

why do you keep avoiding the question by asking another question? Just say "I don't know"

If humans shouldn't be at the top, if its wrong for humans to be at the top, what animal should be at the top? Its a moral issue for you, so what animal is morally correct?

why do you keep avoiding the question by asking another question? Just say "I don't know"

If humans shouldn't be at the top, if its wrong for humans to be at the top, what animal should be at the top? Its a moral issue for you, so what animal is morally correct?

Did I say I didn't want humans on top ?

Guess who comes out alive if I put you in one room with a moody bull..
Just a room? The bull. However put me in a room with objects inside, trees, etc, I can probably out live the bull

What I meant is humans should use their mental abilities to see that destruction of habitat will ultimately backfire on us.
And even if it somehow doesn't, would you want to live in a world without trees or birds etc ?
I wouldn't mind. And we are perserving the environment with zoos

And why is it ok to eradicate entire species ? Hell, entire ecosystems..
I'm not saying it's OK but it's just what happens in nature. The strongest survive

Killing and eating deer doesn't do that. What animal being hunted in the US is being driven to extinction?

Bison, for one.

I have no preference. If you ask it again I'll report you for trolling.

double dog dare you.
Fine, since you have no preference and it doesn't really matter, you go on record as saying humans are perfectly fine at the top of the food chain. :yay:
It is as is should be. :thumbsup:

That's just dumb, unbelievably so..
How so?

Humans have the ability to think about their actions and then choose the best option.
If you don't think it's ok, don't do it

But I don't think that it's wrong either. If we really want to preserve these animals, we will. If we want a big delicious dinner, well, we'll do that:shrug:

double dog dare you.
Fine, since you have no preference and it doesn't really matter, you go on record as saying humans are perfectly fine at the top of the food chain. :yay:

Yes, but that doesn't mean we should act like it.
Besides, eradicating your food source is moronic.

...Bison, for one.

I should have stipulated 'recently'. We are doing a lot of work to bring back what we can. Its why we stop construction projects for burrowing owls. I hope they start taking down fences for pronghorn migration. I know they are working on it. And they have made bridges over roads for elk. That's nice to watch.

double dog dare you.

Oh this is debatable. I would say maggots and bacteria are as high as you can get on that food chain. They eat us. And they stand an excellent chance of eating the last human corpse.

Yes, but that doesn't mean we should act like it.
Besides, eradicating your food source is moronic.

We don't necessarily eradicate it.

have you ever heard of "factory farming"? We can raise animals en masse, and ensure that we have a continual food source

We don't necessarily eradicate it.

have you ever heard of "factory farming"? We can raise animals en masse, and ensure that we have a continual food source

Yes, perfect.

So we can stop hunting now.

I was also talking about the destruction of the environment. You know, pollution, GW, etc.
Entire habitats are being destroyed daily.

Back