Rules of War in the Quran

Yeah, and the aggressors are the ones who invade other countries and occupy them, not the people who are fighting the occupation. If they had nuclear weapons, I doubt they would be blowing themselves up.

I thought we were discussing Mohammed's rules here.. :shrug:
Killing innocent civilians is being an aggressor without provocation.

Edit: So you are saying that the Palestinians will use nukes on Israel if they get the chance ???

I thought we were discussing Mohammed's rules here.. :shrug:
Killing innocent civilians is being an aggressor without provocation.

That might be true, if the Dutch troops, for example, were not hiding among the Afghan civilians.

Edit: So you are saying that the Palestinians will use nukes on Israel if they get the chance ???

Possibly, if they can figure out how to avoid getting themselves killed in the bargain. A small nuke perhaps. They are already planning for drones and submarines within the next decade

When I asked Ahmed Yousef what forms of resistance he could see emerging in Gaza in five or 10 years, his reply was calibrated to send shudders through Israel's political-military complex. "We might have submarines," he said. "We might have drones. We might have both these things. It sounds very sophisticated, [but] we can do it. We have know-how in the field of military technology. The ball is in Israel's court."

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1052063.html

They've stopped the suicide bombings since they got rockets at any rate.

SAM said:
Considering the last century of mass murder by democracies where the dead are just collateral damages for power games in their "advanced" societies, I'd say a lot of people could stand to learn these basic rules.
They already have sufficient rules for whatever they want to do - much as the Quran followers sent from Pakistan to Bangladesh had the rules of the Quran to justify them, and both sides in the Iran/Iraq war had the rules of the Quran guiding their behavior.

Possibly, if they can figure out how to avoid getting themselves killed in the bargain. A small nuke perhaps. They are already planning for drones and submarines withing the next decade
Huh why would they worry about killing themselves ? They are not worried about it now, are they ?

They've stopped the suicide bombings since they got rockets at any rate.
I suppose they'll resume suicide bombing any day now then..

Huh why would they worry about killing themselves ? They are not worried about it now, are they ?

Of course they are. They just have to weigh how much they prefer liberty to living.

I suppose they'll resume suicide bombing any day now then..

Maybe not. They've gained an advantage in this war and besides, the general idea I got from listening to their leaders is that they were surprised that suicide bombing was considered "wrong" since their civilians are targeted and killed all the time. I suppose living in a war zone for 60 years makes violence seem perfectly normal.

They already have sufficient rules for whatever they want to do - much as the Quran followers sent from Pakistan to Bangladesh had the rules of the Quran to justify them, and both sides in the Iran/Iraq war had the rules of the Quran guiding their behavior.

Not advanced enough apparently, if western wars in the last century are anything of the standard to be followed. Oh well, maybe its time to shed these backward ideologies and move on to nuclear weapons.

Of course they are. They just have to weigh how much they prefer liberty to living.
Wouldn't using nukes be excessive ?

Maybe not. They've gained an advantage in this war and besides, the general idea I got from listening to their leaders is that they were surprised that suicide bombing was considered "wrong" since their civilians are targeted and killed all the time. I suppose living in a war zone for 60 years makes violence seem perfectly normal.
I suppose so.
However I don't understand their logic. How is it alright to kill civilians just because someone else is doing it too ?

violence begets violence. it is about time people started getting along but then they multiply and cannot sustain themselves. best thing is to give people video games and or maybe a large project and trick them into thinking they are building for a reason.

i really think that is the only reason the pyramids were built.

Wouldn't using nukes be excessive ?

Apparently not, by current standards. Anyone prosecuted for using nukes?

I suppose so.
However I don't understand their logic. How is it alright to kill civilians just because someone else is doing it too ?

They're not. They are killing themselves. The other people are just in the wrong place. Which is the point they are making.

Remember the Cold war, and why it was called 'Cold war' ?

When both sides built stockpiles of tens of thousands of nuclear weapons?

You're not making any sense right now. They are purposely killing civilians, they are aggressors.

Not at all, they are purposely killing themselves. They have no way of knowing who the people are around them, except that they are all occupiers who evicted them with violence.

When both sides built stockpiles of tens of thousands of nuclear weapons?
And how neither of them ever used them.. they were scared shitless of the thought of using them. After the two bombs on Japan it was apparent how terrible nukes are. They are used as a deterrent ever since, not as weapons.

Not at all, they are purposely killing themselves. They have no way of knowing who the people are around them, except that they are all occupiers who evicted them with violence.
That's just stupid and you know it.

What if, unknown to you, the previous owners of your house were evicted unjustly. Years later they come by and tell you to get the hell out. You, of course, stay put.
They start making threaths, you call the police. They get a restraining order.
Well that didn't help, they start throwing your windows in.. you call the cops, they spend some time in jail.
Months later they are back and start killing your kids, you start killing them.

So if the Romans [ie Italians] claimed Netherlands because they owned it 2000 years ago, what would the native Dutch do?

Back