Question Re: towel usage.

But I did see a documentary once that looked at a primitive tribe who ate an entirely whole foods, natural diet, did not even brush their teeth, and had virtually no tooth decay. They introduced the tribe to processed foods and their teeth immediately began to rot.

Sounds like some more creative (BS) docudrama.

Here's a relevant sentence:
"There are four main criteria required for caries formation: a tooth surface (enamel or dentin); caries-causing bacteria; fermentable carbohydrates (such as sucrose); and time."

from this link:
http://www.doctorspiller.com/Tooth_Decay.htm#History

People have always gotten cavities but things really took off when people started to have large amounts of sugar in their diet. Most primitive people have very limited amounts of sugar.

I was thinking more along the lines of stop contaminating the earth and our bodies with chemicals, pollutants, pharmaceuticals, and toxins, commune with nature, stop trying to control everything, and let nature take its course.

I think I'm going to mail you an organic hemp towel set for Valentines day LOL
hemp_towels.jpg

I change out my towel every 3 or 4 showers,the frequency changes since I sometimes forget when I first refreshed my towel.The BIG thing though I think is it matters where you store your towel,reason being is if your towel is in the bathroom it's going to get nasties absorbed into it.The nasties are bacteria and fecal matter floating in the air.That's right your towel will collect some of these nasties if stored in a bathroom and of course if your bathroom is shared you get others nasties too.

A BIGGER problem to worry about is your toothbrush,how often do you sanitize your's? I kid you not it been proven fecal matter is on all toothbrushes.I wash mine daily.

A BIGGER problem to worry about is your toothbrush,how often do you sanitize your's? I kid you not it been proven fecal matter is on all toothbrushes.I wash mine daily.

I keep my toothbrush capped, and store it in the medicine cabinet..

I also rinse it with hydrogen peroxide once a day..

The thought of leaving a toothbrush uncovered, and out in the open in a bathroom, just grosses me out.

Close the lid before you flush. That helps reduce the fecal plume.

any one else think it is strange that this towel thread is pretty active?
(3 pages of new posts overnight)

Oh hell no. I'm all about the pain killers. But I did see a documentary once that looked at a primitive tribe who ate an entirely whole foods, natural diet, did not even brush their teeth, and had virtually no tooth decay. They introduced the tribe to processed foods and their teeth immediately began to rot.

Lori is right about this. Aborigines have full, white teeth. Once they start consuming high fructose corn sugar, their teeth quickly start rotting away.

We don't see this as much because we brush, but Lori's right on.

I have enough things to worry about in life- now I have to worry about a "fecal plume contaminating my toothbrush"??? That's my cutoff point.

In my defense, my bathroom is rather large- 16 X 20 with a full bathtub and a full shower... I turned two rooms in my house into one huge bathroom.

I hang my used towel over the shower bar and let it air out. It dries within a couple of hours.

Back