Question Re: towel usage.

why do you shower twice a day? superstring said he does too. do you guys really get that dirty twice every day, and if so, why?

It's not really about getting all that dirty...

I take a shower every morning when I get up...Then I always take one before going to bed...For one thing, it relaxes me, and I can sleep better..And secondly, it means I never get into bed dirty..Which means my sheets and pillow cases stay cleaner longer...Wash those once a week too..

Cleanliness is next to Godliness, remember?;)

why do you shower twice a day? superstring said he does too. do you guys really get that dirty twice every day, and if so, why?

Because they are very dirty boys...very dirty :)

I used to shower twice a day...once in the morning to wake up and shave....once at the end of the day to wash off the grime from working all day.

It's not really about getting all that dirty...

I take a shower every morning when I get up...Then I always take one before going to bed...For one thing, it relaxes me, and I can sleep better..And secondly, it means I never get into bed dirty..Which means my sheets and pillow cases stay cleaner longer...Wash those once a week too..

Cleanliness is next to Godliness, remember?;)

um, i don't think that's in the bible. is it? :confused:

i don't understand. if you go to bed clean, and your sheets are clean, then why do you need another shower when you get up? well, i guess if you have sex in bed every night that would be understandable, but then you're screwing up your sheets anywayz.

do you really get that dirty during the day?

i don't know, it seems excessive to me.

my dad used to have a houseboat on lake cumberland, and i would stay down there for a week or so, and my only bath was diving off the back of the boat and taking a swim around a cove. i was totally fine with that. i kinda like being dirty.

No..but I'm a profuse sweater....I break a sweat with minimal effort. I don't want to go to bed covered in dried sweat and salt.

that makes sense. i don't sweat much, and i don't smell, and i don't get dirty unless i do yard work or something like that.

i think men generally get stinky faster than women.

i don't understand. if you go to bed clean, and your sheets are clean, then why do you need another shower when you get up?

Well men need to shave everyday...for me..I prefer to shave in the shower..it also helps me wake up.

When I was working in a warehouse...I sweated all day...and wanted to wash all of the sweat off at the end of the day.

i don't understand. if you go to bed clean, and your sheets are clean, then why do you need another shower when you get up? well, i guess if you have sex in bed every night that would be understandable, but then you're screwing up your sheets anywayz.

do you really get that dirty during the day?

i don't know, it seems excessive to me.

my dad used to have a houseboat on lake cumberland, and i would stay down there for a week or so, and my only bath was diving off the back of the boat and taking a swim around a cove. i was totally fine with that. i kinda like being dirty.

The idea is....As a guy, we have to shave daily..At least I do..And the best time to shave, is either in the shower, or just after finishing...Softens up facial hair.

Plus, I get "bed head", so I like to wash my hair every morning..And, taking a shower first thing in the morning wakes me up, and washes the eye boogers away.

And yeah, when patroling the border, with all the dirt and wind, we do get dirty..Try running and breaking a sweat, and then have a bunch of dirt thrown on ya..

Jinx five ten, Gremmie..you own me a coke!

yeah, I see that Mac...OK get your straw, I'll chop it up..:p

You realize you must have posted a matter of SECONDS before me...I should've cut a word or two from my post.. Shit..

Whatever man- if you properly shower, a clean towel does not become dirty unless you leave it to fester and become dirty. Do we all agree?

We all do but the point is if you showered properly, this should not be an issue.

As much as I admire another person's squeaky clean buttcrack and pristine genital area, I think I'll stick to the '1 towel per person' system anyway.

Well.....that and the fact that I have chronic tinea pedis on my right foot and don't want to give it to anyone (I also tend to dry between my toes)

i just wonder does anyone else stop while they are washing their face in the shower and realize they had just touched their butt hole with that same hand ?

You are like, sooo doing things in the wrong order.... But at least it isn't somebody elses butt hole....

So am I the only one that doesn't see the point wasting water everyday? Hell I'll even share my towel with a partner, it's not like that's the dirtiest they get....

So am I the only one that doesn't see the point wasting water everyday? Hell I'll even share my towel with a partner, it's not like that's the dirtiest they get....

No, I'm with you on this one. I think some americans are a bit excessive/obsessive about cleanliness nowadays. Antibacterial everything, hand sanitizers, douches (for crying out loud). All the while polluting our environment and water supply with a bunch of chemicals, and wasting what very little we have left on the planet that's naturally clean. Its all just so out of balance.

No, I'm with you on this one. I think some americans are a bit excessive/obsessive about cleanliness nowadays. Antibacterial everything, hand sanitizers, douches (for crying out loud). All the while polluting our environment and water supply with a bunch of chemicals, and wasting what very little we have left on the planet that's naturally clean. Its all just so out of balance.

I've always thought I was a tad OCD, now I feel so normal!

I think some americans are a bit excessive/obsessive about cleanliness nowadays. Antibacterial everything, hand sanitizers, douches (for crying out loud).

I may be a bit of a clean freak...But, I draw the line when it comes to douches.... I will never do the douche.:cool:

Back