prophecy revelation for jpappl

The numbers don't lie. Science is very good at numbers. Thus science is good a predicting things to come when relying on their numbers.

The galaxy Andromeda will collide with the milky galaxy in about 4 billion years. Quite a prediction if it had come from the past. These days we think nothing of it because that is what the calculations indicate.

True.

Science has quite a good track record at predicting things, very specific things. That makes me think it provides better explanations than Jesus.

Science is a different subject area, it doesn't provide an answer to world peace for example.

I think Jesus did, but people don't want peace, some LOVE war.

Competing religions being the biggest hurdle to overcome.

This is another indication those ancient religious texts were written by men. Having no supernatural guide instructing the penman's hand. It seems reasonable to me a creator should have viewed humankind as a specie, just like we recognize differing species in nature. Religion segregates races and creeds and beliefs. This doesn’t seem like a knowledgeable author for sacred text in any of the differing religions.

This is another indication those ancient religious texts were written by men. Having no supernatural guide instructing the penman's hand. It seems reasonable to me a creator should have viewed humankind as a specie, just like we recognize differing species in nature. Religion segregates races and creeds and beliefs. This doesn’t seem like a knowledge author for sacred text in any of the differing religions.

I simply agree, I would like to say more but you have just about nailed it.

Love your neighbor, if everyone did this there would be peace.

But it ain't gonna happen I fear. Competing religions being the biggest hurdle to overcome.

Very honest of you to say so.

I think even without religion and politics to mess us up that we would find something else to fight about.

I mean my ancestors were scottish and irish for christ sake.

I think millions of years of evolution have made us warriers and survivors. We don't like anything that threatens us.

How do you do that? Even you aren't able to do that on an internet forum.

Just because I throw the odd pointless insult around it doesn't mean I dislike anyone, but I certainly prefer people who adhere to Jesus' teachings as some seem to genuinely be good folk, just like you probably are.

Very honest of you to say so.

I think even without religion and politics to mess us up that we would find something else to fight about.

I mean my ancestors were scottish and irish for christ sake.

I think millions of years of evolution have made us warriers and survivors. We don't like anything that threatens us.

What's always got me was why people decided to kill the peacemakers, not all, but the likes of Martin Luther King jnr and to a lesser extent John Lennon.

What's always got me was why people decided to kill the peacemakers, not all, but the likes of Martin Luther King jnr and to a lesser extent John Lennon.

This happens when one person doesn't allow another person their opinion.
Everybody is entitled to their opinions.

Just because I throw the odd pointless insult around it doesn't mean I dislike anyone, but I certainly prefer people who adhere to Jesus' teachings as some seem to genuinely be good folk, just like you probably are.

OK, but how do you love your neighbor?

I agree.

It's just strange why peacemakers are killed. Obviously some don't want peace. Like was mentioned, it's a human condition.

We better get used to war as the majority love it.

Opinions that are offered up on a discussion board become open for debate. Don’t take the debating personally. Some opinions deserve a trouncing.

Back