prophecy revelation for jpappl

Some opinions deserve a trouncing.

I agree, but what gets me is that some folk are too stubborn, they have a perception of the world and don't care to change, instead they try to force it onto others or belittle others especially easy targets.

The conversation is getting too nicey nicey.

Should I insult someone ? Who wants to be insulted so we can get back to bickering ?

I have been fleeced on a number of occasions, one sticks out, but it's way off topic.

I bought around ten jackets that I thought were genuine armani and Christmas was coming up and I thought I'd make a tidy profit.

They were all fake, I still have most of them.

I have been fleeced on a number of occasions, one sticks out, but it's way off topic.

I bought around ten jackets that I thought were genuine armani and Christmas was coming up and I thought I'd make a tidy profit.

Sell them on ebay. Easy to do and get rid of them too.

It sounds like you've been conned before too ;)

This was a while ago earth so they're not as fashionable now, but I might get my lazy ass around to trying that sometime.

Thanks.

Ok, being careless is a fault, but trusting is not. Would you rather be the one who gets duped, or the one who does the duping?

The parable of the good samaritan I like, I actually act like that, I walk the walk so to speak.

Yes, we all know what that means by example, but I'm referring to a trickier problem. How can you command yourself to feel an emotion that you do not feel? Is emotion a matter of will?

Off-topic?
Lori has already stated she's said what she wanted to.
Actually I do get it.
And I certainly appear to know (or understand) more than you.
The bible was in error on numerous things, serious error.
Yet it's still held up as the word of an all-knowing god.

You may find this wiki article noteworthy.
According to many scholars, this creation account bears the marks of a carefully contrived literary creation, written with a distinct theological agenda: the elevation of Yahweh, the God of Israel, over all other gods, and notably over Marduk, the god of Babylon.

According to the Jewish tradition the first five books of the Bible were written by Moses. Today virtually all secular scholars accept that the Pentateuch "was in reality a composite work, the product of many hands and periods.” In the first half of the 20th century the dominant theory regarding its origins was the Documentary hypothesis, which supposes that the Torah was produced about 450 BC by combining four distinct, complete and coherent documents, with Genesis 1 from one source (called P), and Genesis 2 from another (J). Since the last quarter of the 20th century there has been renewed interest in alternative theories which see P (Genesis 1) as an editor adding to an existing J document, rather than as a complete and independent document; like the documentary hypothesis, contemporary theories also see Genesis 1-2, with their strong Babyonian influence and anti-Babylonian agenda, as a product of the exilic and post-exilic period (6th-5th centuries BC).

The exilic period is while the jews were captives in Babylon. During the Babylonian enslavement/captivity of the Jews is when scholars think the book of Genesis came into existence. The Babylonians thought the earth was flat.

Babylonians - "According to the cosmology of Eridu, water was the origin of all things; the inhabited world sprung from the deep and is still encircled by Khubur, the ocean stream." The sun comes out of a door in the east every morning and leaves through a door in the west every evening. The world had the form of a mountain, the heaven was a solid vault, "the foundation of which rested on a vast ocean, "the deep" which also supported the earth." "Inside the crust of the earth is the abode of the dead, the entrance to which is in the west." [15] Note: Numerous verses in the Old Testament detail these same ideas. Dreyer's book provides many biblical references to this on p.3. We can thank the Babylonians for developing the first known studies in credulous astrology (ugh!). In many ways, however, Babylonians were surprisingly advanced with their work in calendars and study of the planets. They knew of at least 5 planets and with the Sun and Moon derived our 7-day calendar. The Babylonians & Mesopotamians generally believed in the "theory that the earth was a flat circular disk surrounded by a primordial sea."

The Firmament
The Jewish Encyclopaedia describes the Firmament as follows: "The Hebrews regarded the earth as a plain or a hill figured like a hemisphere, swimming on water. Over this is arched the solid vault of heaven. To this vault are fastened the lights, the stars. So slight is this elevation that birds may rise to it and fly along its expanse."
The book of Genesis goes on to mention lights being placed in the firmament (Genesis 1:14-17):
The Sun and Moon were thought to move in and out of the Firmament dome through a series of openings (reflecting the apparent movement of their rising and setting points throughout the year). This is explained in considerable detail in the Book of Enoch

Dating the bible
The authorship of the various texts in Tanakh (the Hebrew Bible) is an open topic of research. Therefore, assigning solid dates to any of the texts is difficult.

The range of dates assigned to the Torah (Pentateuch) is rather broad. It is certain to predate the 2nd century BC, and estimates of its oldest elements range from the 10th to the 6th centuries BC. The bulk of the Tanakh was likely complete by the end of the Babylonian captivity (537 BC).

Last edited:
Yes, we all know what that means by example, but I'm referring to a trickier problem. How can you command yourself to feel an emotion that you do not feel? Is emotion a matter of will?

It is easier for people with compassion for people to act this way, but it is also achievable by people with low compassion.

Acting against your nature is a tough thing to do, but it is achievable.

For example there is a homosexual Indian prince, and if he lead a homosexual life style it would disgrace his family and he would not become king.

He decided to not lead a homosexual life style.

Back