prophecy revelation for jpappl

That's a good start. Where in the bible does it say it was flat?

Just about everybody has knowledge of the orginial belief of a flat earth. I don't reference the bible for information that is your doing.

IN 1492

In fourteen hundred ninety-two
Columbus sailed the ocean blue.

He had three ships and left from Spain;
He sailed through sunshine, wind and rain.

He sailed by night; he sailed by day;
He used the stars to find his way.

A compass also helped him know
How to find the way to go.

Ninety sailors were on board;
Some men worked while others snored.

Then the workers went to sleep;
And others watched the ocean deep.

Day after day they looked for land;
They dreamed of trees and rocks and sand.

October 12 their dream came true,
You never saw a happier crew!

"Indians! Indians!" Columbus cried;
His heart was filled with joyful pride.

But "India" the land was not;
It was the Bahamas, and it was hot.

The Arakawa natives were very nice;
They gave the sailors food and spice.

Columbus sailed on to find some gold
To bring back home, as he'd been told.

He made the trip again and again,
Trading gold to bring to Spain.

The first American? No, not quite.
But Columbus was brave, and he was bright.

A poem does better supplying useful info than the little ploy you just tried to pull with that what does the bible say, bullshit. You a joker, smile

Last edited:
Understanding of a generation of development like an age. Like a generation of technology.
That sounds like rationalization for a failed prophecy to me.

All what takes place?
It's your sacred text, you should know. Basically your redemption, the apocalypse, Armageddon, yada yada yada...

Are you admiring jesus? That makes me happy.
I have for awhile. Like Thomas Jefferson, there is much to like about him without the supernatural bits (he cut those out and made his own text, the Jefferson Bible).

earth, I'm off to bed, if you continue to apply you inane arguments to me then I will ignore you, as you seem like a simple pest.

earth, I'm off to bed, if you continue to apply you inane arguments to me then I will ignore you, as you seem like a simple pest.

Yep, ready for that one. I'll continue to contest your nonsense. You're not going unopposed?

Hey this is cool. Look at the post number.

:D I wouldn't reference the bible concerning the actual shape of the earth. The bible didn't get it right and people believed that nonsense coming from religious text toting advocates of a flat earth for thousands of years. :D

Last edited:

Flat Earth
The flat Earth model is a view that the Earth's shape is a flat plane. This view contrasts with a view recorded around the 4th century BC by natural philosophers of Classical Greece that the Earth is spherical.
Various cultures have had conceptions of a flat Earth, including ancient Babylon, Egypt, pre-Classical Greece and pre-17th century China. The modern incorrect belief that medieval Christianity believed in a flat earth has been referred to as The Myth of the Flat Earth. In 1945, it was listed by the Historical Association (of Britain) as the second of 20 in a pamphlet on common errors in history. Although the hypothesis of the flat Earth has long been generally dismissed, there are still occasional modern advocates of the hypothesis.

Belief in a flat Earth is found in mankind's oldest writings. In early Mesopotamian thought, the world was portrayed as a flat disk floating in the ocean, and this forms the premise for early Greek maps such as those of Anaximander and Hecataeus of Miletus.

By classical times the idea that Earth was spherical began to take hold in Ancient Greece. Pythagoras in the 6th century BC, apparently on aesthetic grounds, held that all the celestial bodies were spherical. However, most Presocratic Pythagoreans considered the world to be flat. According to Aristotle, pre-Socratic philosophers, including Leucippus (c. 440 BC) and Democritus (c. 460-370 BC) believed in a flat earth. Anaximander believed the Earth to be a short cylinder with a flat, circular top which remained stable because it is the same distance from all things. It has been suggested that seafarers probably provided the first observational evidence that the Earth was not flat.

The same error is found in Genesis. Genesis was written by a man making the common error of the times. Belief in a flat earth was the error. The Genesis account says anything other than sphere.

Are you making your way to the bible and Jehovah's comforting arms?

Last edited:
The author of Genesis was a man writing down ghost stories. He knew the common thinking of the time which was the earth was flat. This error in knowledge concerning the shape of the earth has revealed the author of genesis lacks a fact. The earth is round. The garden of Eden story never happened. Noah and the Great flood never happened. You can begin ripping genesis out of your bible and throwing it into a garbage can. Because the author of Genesis should have known the earth was round. If indeed, genesis had been inspired by a creator. Since the author didn't know the earth was round, one can safely say the inspiration for the book of genesis came from his own mind. No devine guidance to the penman's hand. Say goodbye to hell. Do tell hell fell.

Last edited:
earth:

I agree with most of what you have written, but you still haven't provided a bible verse that plainly says the earth is flat. There's a good reason for this, there isn't one.

Isaiah 40
22 It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
Who ustretches out the heavens like a curtain,
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

This is the last old testament verse I will post in this thread as I spend most of my time in the gospels these days.

earth:
I agree with most of what you have written, but you still haven't provided a bible verse that plainly says the earth is flat. There's a good reason for this, there isn't one.
No?
"take the earth by the edges and shake the wicked out of it (Job 38:12-13)
Can't have edges if it's spherical.
"[T]he devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them" (Matthew 4:1-12)
Can't see the entirety of the Earth from the top of a mountain unless it's flat (or concave).
"The visions of my head as I lay in bed were these: I saw, and behold, a tree in the midst of the earth; and its height was great. The tree grew and became strong, and its top reached to heaven, and it was visible to the end of the whole earth". (Daniel 4:10-11)
Not looking good is it?

Or your own quote: Isaiah 40: 22 "It is He who sits above the circle of the earth".
Circles are flat.

Try this page too...

No?
"take the earth by the edges and shake the wicked out of it (Job 38:12-13)
Can't have edges if it's spherical.

Figure of speech.

"[T]he devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them" (Matthew 4:1-12)
Can't see the entirety of the Earth from the top of a mountain unless it's flat (or concave).

Would have to be a vision, or extremely good eyesight.

"The visions of my head as I lay in bed were these: I saw, and behold, a tree in the midst of the earth; and its height was great. The tree grew and became strong, and its top reached to heaven, and it was visible to the end of the whole earth". (Daniel 4:10-11)
Not looking good is it?

Another vision.

Or your own quote: Isaiah 40: 22 "It is He who sits above the circle of the earth".
Circles are flat.

The earth looks like a circle from space.

Figure of speech.
I see.
So which bits of the bible are simply a "figure of speech" and which bits are "true"?

Would have to be a vision, or extremely good eyesight.
Arrant nonsense.
It doesn't matter how good your eyesight is, you still couldn't see the entirety of a sphere.

Another vision.
Riight.
See my first comment.

The earth looks like a circle from space.
So?
It clearly says "circle of the Earth" not "what looks like a circle".

Arrant nonsense.
It doesn't matter how good your eyesight is, you still couldn't see the entirety of a sphere.

You wouldn't be able to see the all the kingdoms on earth even if they thought it was flat lol see my point? Think of it like Satan using a TV to show Jesus all the kingdoms.

So?
It clearly says "circle of the Earth" not "what looks like a circle".

If he did you would have questioned it still so why bother?

I see.
So which bits of the bible are simply a "figure of speech" and which bits are "true"?

Use common sense.

If someone said to you "They are coming from all four corners of the planet to see this event" would you be able to understand what they meant? Even if it isn't scientifically accurate.

Back