Is Muslim Mentality Psychologically Disordered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes actualy you can study mythology and folklore, my friend studies greek mythology, architecture and history.

so in short yes you can be educated in fantasy.

Good answer. But, the point I was making was that religion has endless interpretations depending on the theists who want to interpret the religion to suit their needs.

I suppose one could get educated in the interpretations of another, but is that really an education, considering theists are unable to demonstrate anything they interpret?

Good answer. But, the point I was making was that religion has endless interpretations depending on the theists who want to interpret the religion to suit their needs.

I suppose one could get educated in the interpretations of another, but is that really an education, considering theists are unable to demonstrate anything they interpret?

agreed, you can be educated in mythology but thats exactly what it is "mythology". without evidence and any founding proof then your education is not about reality.

your education would be entirely speculation alone, i can study the folklore of unicorns and dragons. they have real roots based on real life animals, but the actual dragons and unicorns are not real. so my education would be based on a fairy tale. makes for good story writting, but not very good scientific basis.

peace.

There are sick people in every religion...sometimes the Falwell types here in the United States scare the bee Jesus out of me.

All extremists should scare us....even the scientism mafia on this forum.

If you think there is free speech on here then think again...look at the way SAM is hounded...her patience is astounding. Try going on a BNP forum as a liberal and you'll find out.

Its not freaky, it would be akin to having a Western woman walked in on, while something she is used to covering is uncovered (I'm not sure what applies here); shame, after all, is relative.

On a related note, when my male cousin from Pakistan visited us, he was very embarrassed to be caught changing his shirt (even though he was wearing a vest); while all of us are pretty comfortable in minimal clothing. Its a cultural difference rather than a religious one.
Ok. So what you are saying is that the muslim religion does NOT dictate women to wear something to cover their heads. Right?

Actually the reverse is true, those who are really educated and devout will be more tolerant than those who just mouth scriptures but aren't really religious.
Ok. So how about "the key is the degree to which people understand the religion"?

Oh yes, I have friends of all religious beliefs (and disbeliefs) and I see no difference between them. In fact, the truly religious are also more tolerant of other religions, since it is all a part of God and his creation to them.
A lot of religious people would disagree with you and state that their religion is the only true one.

Its an old groove, do I talk of insubstantial things when I educate myself in the religion which determines my philosophy and outlook on life? Do you consider my behaviour and outlook (insubstantial as it is) to be a minor part of me? Or of my relationships with and treatment of others? Can that be quantified and measured in any empirical way? Does my inability to demonstrate its importance make it less significant to me?

I am a spiritual person, whether you believe it or not, really does not change the way I feel about it.:)

The tooth fairy is hardly the same thing.:)
You are probably the most intelligent and educated religious person I ever met...

Ok. So what you are saying is that the muslim religion does NOT dictate women to wear something to cover their heads. Right?

No, the religion only decrees modesty and self respect; the only time hijab is mentioned in the Quran is in reference to the deference due to the Prophet's wives, where it applies to the men's behaviour, rather than any veil.

Ok. So how about "the key is the degree to which people understand the religion"?

I think the key is how much you lie to yourself. You can use any ideology to support a dislike or feeling of bigotry. If you start every prayer with, in the name of God, most gracious and merciful, and then ignore grace and mercy in your own daily life, how does that indicate that you are truly following your religion? Especially when the same book that you read constantly reminds you that your duty is to only look to your own thoughts, words and deeds and not that of any other. If everyone in the world paid attention only to their own thoughts, words and deeds, rather than what others should think, say or do, the world would be a much happier place.

A lot of religious people would disagree with you and state that their religion is the only true one.

Then they are standing in judgement of something of which they cannot possibly have any knowledge. :shrug:

You are probably the most intelligent and educated religious person I ever met...

Anyone can be the same way, all they have to do is realise that no knowledge is complete and that you only choose to believe a certain way because of your own personal set of opportunities and experiences. In a different time and place, you might be a different person.

As I said, that is a contradiction in terms. One cannot be "educated" in a fantasy. Can one educate themselves in the tooth fairy?

OF course they can, look at Christians. Educated in a fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back