Is islam really the fastest growing religion?

Sher_Punjabi said:
like killing off mass populations of hindus? :)

Actually the video was about how he brought calvary to battle from central Asia also how the Taj Mahal was built during their reign

path said:
I am innocent I tell you, innocent! Now I have a friendly raccoon :D
Hey, has your avatar its orgin, by any chance, in 'Anabu' ad clip.?!!

Bells :

Oh.. sorry for being so harsh; let the pole be just hot and just lying on the ground when you sit.. :p

Last edited:
surenderer said:
Actually the video was about how he brought calvary to battle from central Asia also how the Taj Mahal was built during their reign
Babur used artillery (canon) and that was a new kind of weapon in indian battles then.

TajMahal is a great monument indeed. It is also some of the later Moghals that forced the peaceful Sikhs into Warriors. I think thats what Sher_Punjabi mentions.

The only moghal emperor that went along well with almost all inidans was Akbar. A more tolerant and respected moghal of that era.

surenderer said:

but he was responsible for the death of 100 000 hindus

and it was either him or the other 1s who forced 20 000 women 2 b his personal slaves

everneo said:
Babur used artillery (canon) and that was a new kind of weapon in indian battles then.

TajMahal is a great monument indeed. It is also some of the later Moghals that forced the peaceful Sikhs into Warriors. I think thats what Sher_Punjabi mentions.

The only moghal emperor that went along well with almost all inidans was Akbar. A more tolerant and respected moghal of that era.

yesh u are correct akbar was a great person who apprciated sikhism

he donated 125 lakhs (indian money) yearly for sikhs

so that would b about about 5 500$

remember, this is like 500 years ago its ALOT of money

surenderer said:
Name me a religion that doesnt talk down about women..........
I’ve been told that Taoism is the only long-established religion that considers men and women as equal.

surenderer said:
Well i dont spread propoganda here but it is silly not to realize that islam is the fastest growing religion i mean even non-muslims acknowledge that.....i'm not saying it's taking over the world and for all i know it could stop growing tomorrow but as of right now it is the fastest growing
That may or may not be the case. Let’s say it is. However, if we consider systems of belief then atheism is the fastest growing belief system. The rate of converts exceeds any belief system relative to any other, at anytime in history. I am friends with a number of atheists that used to be Muslim.

my cause for coming here is 2 state WHY they would become a muslim

believe it or not cases have been reported that small gangs would go out and victomize citizens for converts especially those in the hindu and sikh community

Sher_Punjabi said:
my cause for coming here is 2 state WHY they would become a muslim

believe it or not cases have been reported that small gangs would go out and victomize citizens for converts especially those in the hindu and sikh community

The Teachings of Sikhism

The teachings of Sikhism are a syncretism of the doctrines of Islam and Hinduism. Rather than borrowing from the Hindu and Islamic scriptures, the Sikhs wrote their own scripture based upon their interpretation of certain ideas taught in Hinduism and Islam. Sikhism actually rejects some of the teachings of Hinduism and Islam. The result is an interesting combination of both Hindu and Moslem theology

I show your religion the respect it deserves because it is yours however get off your high horse because your religion took two other religions and combined them to be a 3rd not a new idea

Last edited:
surenderer said:
The Teachings of Sikhism

The teachings of Sikhism are a syncretism of the doctrines of Islam and Hinduism. Rather than borrowing from the Hindu and Islamic scriptures, the Sikhs wrote their own scripture based upon their interpretation of certain ideas taught in Hinduism and Islam. Sikhism actually rejects some of the teachings of Hinduism and Islam. The result is an interesting combination of both Hindu and Moslem theology

I show your religion the respect it deserves because it is yours however get off your high horse because your religion took two other religions and combined them to be a 3rd not a new idea

what are you trieng prove?

sikhism is VERY VERY diffrent from islam and hinduism

the only common thing i see that both of these religons have is the fact we believe in ONE GOD

hindus ha, they not even same, for one thing they beilve in IDOL worship and we REJECT It

Guru Nanak belived in EQUALITY, he had a MUSLIM companion

both of them composed HYMNS 2gether for people to listen, so you might see some common things there

How can we demand or expect any religion to treat women as equals when society itself fails to do so? Women aren't treated as equals in the West, just as they aren't treated as equals in the East or anywhere else on this planet. So to blame religion for it is a weak excuse. Instead of blaming any religion for it, maybe it's time that we looked at ourselves and how each person views women in society and try and change in that sense before we try and change any religion. Remember, changes begin at home. Just a suggestion...

Sher_Punjabi said:
what are you trieng prove?

sikhism is VERY VERY diffrent from islam and hinduism

the only common thing i see that both of these religons have is the fact we believe in ONE GOD

hindus ha, they not even same, for one thing they beilve in IDOL worship and we REJECT It

Guru Nanak belived in EQUALITY, he had a MUSLIM companion

both of them composed HYMNS 2gether for people to listen, so you might see some common things there

I'm not trying to prove anything i told you thats not my point the fact that those relgions are similar are from YOUR website :eek:

http://www.greatcom.org/resources/handbook_of_todays_religions/03chap10/default.htm

i give your religion respect by saying that it's founder showed equality for women and believes in 1 true god thats why i would never dis-respect it

Sher_Punjabi said:
Yes you are the same. You're both human beings. While your religions may differ, you still and will always share the fact that you are both human beings.

You may reject idol worshipping, but Hindus do not and it is an integral part of their belief. So what? Does not make Hindus any better or worse than you are. Remember Sher, respect will always begin with you. If you respect the beliefs of others, than others will respect your beliefs in kind.

Bells said:
Yes you are the same. You're both human beings. While your religions may differ, you still and will always share the fact that you are both human beings.

You may reject idol worshipping, but Hindus do not and it is an integral part of their belief. So what? Does not make Hindus any better or worse than you are. Remember Sher, respect will always begin with you. If you respect the beliefs of others, than others will respect your beliefs in kind.

no that just means that our religour beliefs differ greatyl

and you cannot say they are th same

surenderer said:
I'm not trying to prove anything i told you thats not my point the fact that those relgions are similar are from YOUR website :eek:

http://www.greatcom.org/resources/handbook_of_todays_religions/03chap10/default.htm

i give your religion respect by saying that it's founder showed equality for women and believes in 1 true god thats why i would never dis-respect it

It also owes much to Islam.

what do we owe? i dont want to be a DIS RESPECTER, but this i find very wrong

it was the Muslaman that put my religon through hard times, im not saying you're cold hearted for that but its just history

its a shame how this site fails to provide strong info

first off it was written by a person who's NOT EVEN AMRITDHARI

second:
Sikhism is the third major branch of Hinduism
now that's some GRADE A BULL SHAIT
sikhism IS NOT PART OF HINDUISM
how can a "sect" of hinduism reject idol worship while the rest does?
opening statement already a ERROR

Nanak disappeared into the forest

again ANOTHER mistake, he disappeared into a lake

Nanak along with his minstrel friend Mardana
honestly where did he get dis bull crap?

MARDANA was a MUSLIM

Nanak's equality with God
why the hell would he state he is EQUAL with God, when Guru Nanak HIMSELF said "we are ALL the serants of our Lord"

sorry man, somethings in this article aren't even correct

The teachings of Sikhism are a syncretism of the doctrines of Islam and Hinduism.
hindus teaching doesn't match sikhism, they believe in a whole lot

and as for islam, im not sur what it teaches (do tell me)

but sikhism TEACHES (in my words)
love life, love god
live a honest and simple life
and your soul will apprciate very much of what god has to offer

Undoubtedly, there are only a handful of people in the entire world capable of reading the volume in its totality. There has never been any extensive system of scriptural study made by the Sikhs. The average Sikh devotee knows very little about the Granth Sahib, and it is for this reason non-essential to Sikh religious training. Although most Sikhs do not know the contents of their sacred book, they do treat it with reverence, almost to the point of idolatry.

im sorry but ALL That is BULL SHIT

In equating God with the abstract principle of truth or reality, Nanak avoided the difficulty encountered by religious teacher who describe God only as the Creator of the Father... but Nanak's system has its own problems. If God is truth, what is truth? Nanak's answer was that in situations when you cannot decide for yourself, let the guru be your guide

more bull crap

The Sikh religion teaches that salvation consists in knowing God, or in obtaining God, or being absorbed into God. The general method of salvation is fairly consistent with the supremacy of an inscrutable God, and with the accompanying doctrines of the worthlessness of the world and the helplessness of man... This method of obtaining salvation by a pantheistic merging of the individual self with the mystical world soul is identical with the method of salvation which had been taught in the Hindu Upanishads"

MORE crap, does this man seriosuly knows what he's talking about?

Sikhism’s deity not so ruthless or violent as Islam's.

so that just said islam is violent, now tell me, is that NOT true?

that site AINT even ours

i think there are some things wrong in the islam section to,

Last edited:
Bells said:

ya im just alittle short tempered

but im not even gonna start what hindus did 2 us and what they are STILL DOING

Sher_Punjabi said:
what do we owe? i dont want to be a DIS RESPECTER, but this i find very wrong

it was the Muslaman that put my religon through hard times, im not saying you're cold hearted for that but its just history

its a shame how this site fails to provide strong info

first off it was written by a person who's NOT EVEN AMRITDHARI

second:

now that's some GRADE A BULL SHAIT
sikhism IS NOT PART OF HINDUISM
how can a "sect" of hinduism reject idol worship while the rest does?
opening statement already a ERROR

again ANOTHER mistake, he disappeared into a lake

honestly where did he get dis bull crap?

MARDANA was a MUSLIM

why the hell would he state he is EQUAL with God, when Guru Nanak HIMSELF said "we are ALL the serants of our Lord"

sorry man, somethings in this article aren't even correct

hindus teaching doesn't match sikhism, they believe in a whole lot

and as for islam, im not sur what it teaches (do tell me)

but sikhism TEACHES (in my words)
love life, love god
live a honest and simple life
and your soul will apprciate very much of what god has to offer

im sorry but ALL That is BULL SHIT

more bull crap

MORE crap, does this man seriosuly knows what he's talking about?

so that just said islam is violent, now tell me, is that NOT true?

that site AINT even ours

i think there are some things wrong in the islam section to,

Well dont like misrepresentation of your religion? now maybe you can understand how it feels to muslims when you characterize a whole religion on what a unjust leader or two may have done to your people. All religions throughout history have been mis-represented and thats why instead of bashing other religions you should be getting the truth out about yours. I can tell you that 90% of the people on these boards probably never heard of Sikhism(i have but not others) so if they wanted to learn they would go to that website i gave and according to you they would get the wrong idea. I would take your word over what that guy says on the web-site because you live that life everyday ( i assume) while he's proobably trying to sell a book but you should really think about trying to stop spending all your time trying to convince people how violent Islam is (there are over a billion muslims in the world are we all violent?) and concentrate on promoting the values of your own religion(isnt that what your prophet would want?)....peace unto you

Sher_Punjabi said:
no that just means that our religour beliefs differ greatyl

and you cannot say they are th same
Ok. Sher, I didn't say that your religious beliefs were the same. I said that while they differed greatly, the one factor that you share with people who practice Hinduism is that you're both human beings. Because of that alone, you should try and respect their beliefs if you want them or anyone else to respect your own.

but im not even gonna start what hindus did 2 us and what they are STILL DOING
Leave the past where it is. And as for what is being done to you today, deal only with the Hindus who have harmed you and not the whole religion or group. Blaming the whole for the actions of the few only leads to more pain. Believe me. Surenderer gave you probably the best advice I've ever seen in this forum when it comes to religion:

Surenderer said:
I would take your word over what that guy says on the web-site because you live that life everyday ( i assume) while he's proobably trying to sell a book but you should really think about trying to stop spending all your time trying to convince people how violent Islam is (there are over a billion muslims in the world are we all violent?) and concentrate on promoting the values of your own religion(isnt that what your prophet would want?)

You should learn from it because he is absolutely correct.

surenderer said:
Well dont like misrepresentation of your religion? now maybe you can understand how it feels to muslims when you characterize a whole religion on what a unjust leader or two may have done to your people. All religions throughout history have been mis-represented and thats why instead of bashing other religions you should be getting the truth out about yours. I can tell you that 90% of the people on these boards probably never heard of Sikhism(i have but not others) so if they wanted to learn they would go to that website i gave and according to you they would get the wrong idea. I would take your word over what that guy says on the web-site because you live that life everyday ( i assume) while he's proobably trying to sell a book but you should really think about trying to stop spending all your time trying to convince people how violent Islam is (there are over a billion muslims in the world are we all violent?) and concentrate on promoting the values of your own religion(isnt that what your prophet would want?)....peace unto you

i get where ypu are comng from
but there are the few who ruins it for everyone

Bells said:
Ok. Sher, I didn't say that your religious beliefs were the same. I said that while they differed greatly, the one factor that you share with people who practice Hinduism is that you're both human beings. Because of that alone, you should try and respect their beliefs if you want them or anyone else to respect your own.

Leave the past where it is. And as for what is being done to you today, deal only with the Hindus who have harmed you and not the whole religion or group. Blaming the whole for the actions of the few only leads to more pain. Believe me. Surenderer gave you probably the best advice I've ever seen in this forum when it comes to religion:

You should learn from it because he is absolutely correct.

past is NOT past
there are phases that wil scorch your mind forever

ill give a breif description

1984, sikhs were getting oppressed HIGHLY by hindus
they would kill them, when reporting 2 hinud police, they wouldnt do nething
so then came a leader, Sant (preist) Jarnail Singh Bhindrewale
he recruited over 100 000 sikhs to free themselves from india control (this aint the onli province) so the indian government (indra gandhi<----BIATCH) attacked the GOLDEN TEMPLE (our hoiliest shrine) killing off 4000 people that day june 6th 1984
100 000 soldiers were HEAVLY armed, for god's sake they came with TANKS and it still took 3 days to fight off the sikhs
after they gained control, the ABUSED our sikhi rules, like entering the Gurudwara with tHEIR SHOWS on, WITHOUT COVERING THIER HEAD
AND SPITTING ON OUR HOLY BOOK
im sry thas ENUFF 2 boil me
so in RETALIATION
her sikh bodyguards assassinated her
ressultig the MASSACRE of sikhs

just in 1 day 6000 sikhs were genocided by mobs of 50-500 hindus
and MANY MANT politicians and police were involved

this went on from nov1-4 in 1984
wpmen were raped, even children werent spared, they had their heads wrapped with a tire then set them on fire

kids ranging from youngs as 4-80
now tell me, can u forget that?
thought so
some of of those very people STILL Live 2day
NOTHING WAS JUSTIFIED

so i ask you, can u FORGET ALL THAT?

Back