If there were a just God

Are you all fucking idiots.... The sun is created on the 14th Verse.....Why should I assume that it was there on the 2nd verse when it EXPLICITLY STATES it on the 14th VERSE... why assume when you have an explicit verse...?.

The 'day' and 'night' are only referred to as separate entities prior to that.

Peace be unto you ;)
It was not created then . The first verse in Genesis says the heaven and the earth were created in the beginning. That includes the Sun. But the Sun was not visible on the earth until the atmosphere was cleared on the earth. Which was a slow process. The Bible uses symbolic wording all the way through it. It is a very cleaver way of weeding out ones that are really not interested in it. It also means that God could lock the understanding of certain things until he was ready to release it to people. It works great.

Just one note here, I usually don't answer people who use foul language, if you can't handle that, do not expect to receive any answers from me! This is just a discussion , you don't have to accept what I say.

Just one note here, I usually don't answer people who use foul language, if you can't handle that, do not expect to receive any answers from me! This is just a discussion , you don't have to accept what I say.

I wasn't look for your answer but the other folks.

Peace be unto you :)

Actually he gave man free will. We were not created as robots. That means we can make a choice. That means he did wanted people who wanted to follow him. Not robots. That is a type of slavery.
But with this free will, meant that someone could choose not to follow him.
This happened with the start from Satan and then Adam. That means the rest of us are part of that because we all come from Adam.
But God's purpose is and was the same from the beginning. To make man perfect and on a paradise earth. God gave Satan and man the opportunity to go their own way , and see how it turned out. God knew it would turn out badly so he set a time when he would step in. This time was told in the bible, and one of things mentioned was that the earth would become ruined.
Well we are just about there.
So there was nothing evil about that. But what it does, it answers that question once and for all time. Once this world and man is restored, it will never happen again. The question has been answered.

God has the power to eliminate evil and doesn't. That makes him evil. Mankind isn't responsible for all that is evil, nature is too. God made diseases that only inflict people, diseases that kill innocent people. That also makes him evil.

Originally Posted by earth
The earth isn't flat. We lowly humans had to tell God the earth is round and straighten him out on that misinformed supernatural guidance.

Originally Posted by hay_you,
Actually that is not true the bible talks about the earth as a circle shape long before science understood that.

"Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament," (Gen. 1:7).

The Jewish Encyclopaedia describes the Firmament as follows:
"The Hebrews regarded the earth as a plain or a hill figured like a hemisphere, swimming on water. Over this is arched the solid vault of heaven. To this vault are fastened the lights, the stars. So slight is this elevation that birds may rise to it and fly along its expanse."[1]
The book of Genesis goes on to mention lights being placed in the firmament (Genesis 1:14-17):
And God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth": and it was so. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: the stars also.
The Sun and Moon were thought to move in and out of the Firmament dome through a series of openings (reflecting the apparent movement of their rising and setting points throughout the year). This is explained in considerable detail in the Book of Enoch

Acts 10:9-11
About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners.

Revelation 7:1
After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.

The reason for the sheet with the four corners in both Peter's vision and in revelations is because of the belief the earth was flat.

God was able to put music in men's minds, he also put the ability to do science , to paint, to read, to speak, to think, to do math, to reason, to understand justice, and fairness etc. He did this through DNA.

i am an agnostic, i shouldnt give the impression that i am anti religion. an atheist attribute all you mentioned to evolution and it wasnt until recently that i have begun to look at evolution as more likely than what i once did attribute to panspermia alone.

i am also on the fence regarding evolution and panspermia. evolutionists dont believe in panspermia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia

So LIGHT CAN NOT EXIST WITHOUT A SUN... is that what you are saying?

Give me a break--- You aren't even fucking reading ahead to verse 14 where the sun is created- and assumed and extrapolated all that bullshit from just 1 verse.

Peace be unto you ;)

Oh so it was a Lit fart from God then I dot recall that in the text but if you say so. And BTW very Christian of you to swear as well. No I am not say that litgh come ONLY from the sun the Bible says it was light and iut was a day a single day in the context of the words it means single day we know a day as 24 hours sun up to sun up a day a single day. Have I said Day enough for you to clue in it was a day. It was not back in the day he created light it was a day ok a single solitary day.

Here you go right up to the sixth day.

1 First God made heaven & earth 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters. 3 And God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4 And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day. 6 And God said, "Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters." 7 And God made the firmament and separated the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament. And it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day. 9 And God said, "Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear." And it was so. 10 God called the dry land Earth, and the waters that were gathered together he called Seas. And God saw that it was good. 11 And God said, "Let the earth put forth vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, upon the earth." And it was so. 12 The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening and there was morning, a third day. 14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to separate the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light upon the earth." And it was so. 16 And God made the two great lights, the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night; he made the stars also. 17 And God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light upon the earth, 18 to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening and there was morning, a fourth day. 20 And God said, "Let the waters bring forth swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the firmament of the heavens." 21 So God created the great sea monsters and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 And God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth." 23 And there was evening and there was morning, a fifth day. 24 And God said, "Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth according to their kinds." And it was so. 25 And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds and the cattle according to their kinds, and everything that creeps upon the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth." 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth." 29 And God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit; you shall have them for food. 30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food." And it was so. 31 And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, a sixth day.

Here you go right up to the sixth day.

31 And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, a sixth day.

You understand correctly. People in biblical times understood the meaning of a day. The Sabbath was from Friday evening to Saturday evening. Their weekly observance of the Sabbath taught people the meaning of "a 24 hour day".

God was able to put music in men's minds, he also put the ability to do science , to paint, to read, to speak, to think, to do math, to reason, to understand justice, and fairness etc. He did this through DNA.

He also brought all evil in the world, disease, pestilence, war, famine, murder, hatred, bigotry, racism, etc.

He did this through his love for us.

You understand correctly. People in biblical times understood the meaning of a day. The Sabbath was from Friday evening to Saturday evening. Their weekly observance of the Sabbath taught people the meaning of "a 24 hour day".

And your point is what exactly did you read the whole post it says that after EVERY day and yes there was a day on the first day.

And your point is what exactly did you read the whole post it says that after EVERY day and yes there was a day on the first day.

Yes, I have read those verses many times.

The creation account is very specific in counting each day. The understanding is the earth was created in 6 days and God rested on the 7th. The 7th day was the sabbath and yes people could count.

Thats like saying you can have anytihng you want as long as it is this. Sounds kinda like a dictatorship to me I dont know may I am not seeing the bigger picture of Obey me or rot in hell.

What part of free will causes a tsunami?
Its not clear what argument you are suggesting disqualifies a tsunami from karmic implications.

Are you suggesting that karma can not be served collectively?

IOW why can't a collective effect (like a tsunami) address the issue of a collective misuse of free will?

Yes, I have read those verses many times.

The creation account is very specific in counting each day. The understanding is the earth was created in 6 days and God rested on the 7th. The 7th day was the sabbath and yes people could count.

I was not saying they could not I was just pointing out that it is a crock o shit as the way it is writen stay in context here they way it is writen it surely say one day not one creation day not one god like day just a day.

what kind of free will says you have to obey me or else.
The same that governs our societies in everyday life.

If you disagree (and of course, if it is agreeable to your free will) try walking into your local police station, supermarket or library and doing a crap on the floor.

The same that governs our societies in everyday life.

If you disagree (and of course, if it is agreeable to your free will) try walking into your local police station, supermarket or library and doing a crap on the floor.

Actuall that was already set before the Higher court in Canada and that uis indeed allowable if you are in the need of releiving your self. The point being is you say you have free will to follow god well no you dont as if you dont follow his rules to the letter well unless you are catholic then there is a grey area there then you will indeed burn in hell.

Back