How much do you stake on your opponent being wrong?

Knowing God makes you superior.
no it doesn't, that's hog wash. where the hell did you get that lame idea?

Why a lame idea?
You claim to know God. This means that you have overcome all hurdles and obstacles of existence that I haven't.
I struggle with the meaning of selfhood - you have mastered it.
I struggle with the notion of what "truth" is and how to know it - you have mastered it.
Apparently, you are superior to me.

and greenberg, he's GOD. he created you. how can you NOT want to know?

I don't know if God created me.

for you greenberg...

Escape With Me

I’ll always tell you the truth.
Does that mean anything to you?
Forsaken the lies...
Forsaken goodbyes...
Are you strong enough to stay?

Overcome your desire to run.
Why do you want to be alone?
Alone in the dark...
Alone and in hell...
Are you strong enough to leave?

You make me want to die.

you know greenberg, i got to thinking and, this quote right here is the answer to your question. is this why you got so mad at me when i called you out on it? i said you don't want to know god and you said i don't want to know god.

Citation please.
I said that you don't want to know God?
Or I said that I don't want to know God?

see...we agree after all.

What?

Can we re-word the thread to "How much do you stake on your opponent being a 'daytripper'( insert own adjective here)

Citation please.
I said that you don't want to know God?
Or I said that I don't want to know God?

What?

sorry, "I don't want to know god" should have been in quotes, but it's paraphrased so...

i said that you don't want to know god, and then you said that you don't want to know god, so we agree. that's better...

i'm glad we agree. that way, neither one is superior...lol. ;)

sorry, "I don't want to know god" should have been in quotes, but it's paraphrased so...

i said that you don't want to know god, and then you said that you don't want to know god, so we agree. that's better...

i'm glad we agree. that way, neither one is superior...lol. ;)

I sad that I don't want to know God? Where did I say that? Quote me.

Read the whole sentence, along with the question mark and the next sentence. There is no Freudian slip.

You have a point. This keyboard is a bit sticky, so I have to hit the keys hard enough for the letters to show.

1. On the issue of the existence of souls/spirits - I have seen entirely convincing arguments that such things are entirely fictional. So my estimate of a religionist being right here is 0%.

There is evidence of souls/spirits/ghosts. Look it up on google, there's tons of photos.

You are suggesting something that is impossible to do.

I don't know what the consequences of knowing God are, so I cannot know in advance whether I am willing to take them on or not.

there. there's your quote. and you've said before that you wouldn't want to know a god who would send people to "eternal hellfire", and it seems to me if you did want to know him you would want to talk about him with me but you keep making excuses, i mean coming up with reasons, not to, like superiority.

Back