Homosexuality and Religion

Is being gay a sin?

• Yes

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 80.0%

• Total voters
Maybe bisexual is the wrong word because it implies latent attraction. How about "everyone is born indifferent to sex"?

everyone is born without preference to either sex at first...it just doesn't matter to them. And than they develop interest...either as they are supposed to so that they continue the lineage or ... they don't develop the right interest and kill their lineage.

No draq. Wrong.

Are you openly admitting you knw you were attracted to men at one time?

If so, you are bisexual and have chosen to ignore your feelings.

The persons sex and sexuality is written in the genes, which are written into the baby in the womb. At birth, everything is determined.

If there was any indifference, then it would be when a man is actually a female in the womb... for about seven days... I don't actually see this as resulting to very much however, unles one wants to say that the female gene isnot irradicated when the female is tranformed into male.

Are you referring to this study?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation#Studies_of_brain_structure

If so, the results show no conclusion that the differences were there from birth.

From the person who conducted the study: "Since I look at adult brains, we don't know if the differences I found were there at birth or if they appeared later."

Also, the sexual orientation of the hetero males was presumed for the majority, their sexual histories were unknown, and no homosexual females were included in the study.

It has been proven in more recent studies. Don't trust that relic we call WIKI... It's not even accurate; its written by the public for the public.

Now... It's been proven in sheep... more recent studies have shown this is also true in humans.

Do you have any links for me to read that back up your assertion? Wiki has it's fault, I'm well aware of that, but it's been good to for the vast majority of the time.

I am sorry.. but i have no links. I am taking at face regards a program on BBC, were scientists openly admitted finding a deformation of the sheeps brain... funnily enough, they were gay sheep.

Now, if that is found true to be for sheep, then one MUST ASSUME via pure logic that this is indeed what causes homosexuality in the long run, and primordially, genetic mistakes themselves.

I have a couple of problems with your post.

1. The BBC program doesn't address the point of the deformation being found in adults and not from birth, so it's moot.

2. That's no reason to assume right away that your assertion is true. Just because something is true in sheep doesn't make it true for humans. I've already cited problems with the original brain deformation study and you haven't given me anything to solve them.

3. Physical differences don't necessarily imply genetic differences.

Also, even if you don't have links, it would be nice if you could, you know, try, look for and provide some? When you cited the brain deformation idea, which I wasn't aware of, I tried to look up the study and used it to back up my responding post's claims.

1. The BBC are well credited for their scientific studies and show. The liklihood of it being incorrect are almost vanishingly small.

2. In biology, you will learn that every mistake, ''for instance,'' microcephaly, are genetic compnants that have made a mistake. This is evolution. This is what gays are.

3. Physical differences... you are right. But when you have the same mark on the same location of the brain each time, you know it to be true of being genetical.

Reiku said:
1. The BBC are well credited for their scientific studies and show. The liklihood of it being incorrect are almost vanishingly small.

2. In biology, you will learn that every mistake, ''for instance,'' microcephaly, are genetic compnants that have made a mistake. This is evolution. This is what gays are.

3. Physical differences... you are right. But when you have the same mark on the same location of the brain each time, you know it to be true of being genetical.

Ah, and here I was sitting here hoping for links to relevant sources. Shame on me for getting my hopes up.

1. It seems I have to repeat my point since you missed it. I repeat, the BBC program doesn't address the point of the deformation being found in adults and not from birth, so it's moot.

2. You didn't at all address my second point either so here it is again. I'll even underline the relevant bit: That's no reason to assume right away that your assertion is true. Just because something is true in sheep doesn't make it true for humans. I've already cited problems with the original brain deformation study and you haven't given me anything to solve them.

3. If that were true, the author of the study I posted earlier wouldn't have said "I did not prove that homosexuality is genetic, or find a genetic cause for being gay."

EDIT: Also, I can't really rely on BBC's reputation since all I have for this study is your word that it exists.

Not true. It says in the Bible that ''I created everything...'' he also claims to have created evil. I know this passage exists... i just need to find it. I have a photographic memory that way.

If you had a photographic memmory then you would not need to find it, you could quote it verbatum without a problem. So you do not have a photograph memmory

Here is the scriptures.

Isaiah 45
7 I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the LORD, do all these things.'

[Preaching/Evangelizing Deleted]

Way to completely miss the point. Not only do you not address my arguments, you don't bother to provide sources for your assertions.

Why should i. I have contended with the dogmatism of homosexuality long enough on this thread. For the sake of arguement, i will say one last time: If homosexuality is not a choice, it needs to be genetic... and if you don't like ''natural genetics,'' then see it as a genetic mistake. Either way, i don't care.

Back