Homosexuality and Religion

Is being gay a sin?

• Yes

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 80.0%

• Total voters
Why should you? For the sake of the discussion. S.A.M. accused you, in another thread, of refusing all arguments that are against your ideas. You, one way or another, called her a liar for this remark. So far in this thread, I haven't seen anything from you that suggests that you're not the one who's lying. Here's your chance to prove her, and me, wrong.

If homosexuality is not a choice, it needs to be genetic

This is bad logic. Watch how I apply it substituting homosexuality. I like vanilla better than chocolate. I didn't choose to like vanilla better than chocolate, I just do. Hence, it must be genetic.

I dont care.co.uk. about your sexuality. You are bisexual, which means your sexuality is very different to my own orientation.

My sexuality has nothing to do with the issue. Please actually address my argument and respond to my points.

If your question is why you prefer chocolate to vanilla or vanilla to chocolate ends up being nothing more than taste out of a selective box of chocolates...

..Forest Gump... stand aside.

Yes, but where does the source of that taste come from? Why do I prefer vanilla over chocolate?

Because of personal taste. If you have a choice between two things (choice in the sense you like both), one might seem more sour than the other, therego, you tend to lean towards the sweeter one that compliments your taste... see?

So it's not imprinted in my genetics, even though I didn't choose to like vanilla?

No the choice is there because of genetics. It's just that your an individual spoilt for choice.

What is so hard to understand?

Because if i had the choice, i would be straight, so i could lead a more accepting life...

... But i am who i am... I've been through the worst of what people have called me.

What people seem to be forgetting though, is that each persons situation is very very different, such as MZ3, who obviously has to put up with this in the comfort of his own life... then has to deal with the dogma round here.

It's not fair.

You don't understand. I don't have the choice in choosing which ice cream I like best. I just do. If I had the choice, I'd choose to like chocolate better because of all the wonderful variations it has.

We always have a choice.
since when do we not have a choice.

Choose not to have emotions. Then get back to us.
Choose to like being hit. Then get back to us.
Choose to like the smell of dead bodies. Then get back to us.

You can just choose to do these things for a day or two. Just as a demonstration.

Alright Saquist, please let me know how I can go about changing which ice cream I like best? In a way that doesn't involve associative torture or brainwashing as neither were involved in chocolate playing second fiddle to begin with.

EDIT: Er, or everything that Granty said before me in a much better way. :)

Because if i had the choice, i would be straight, so i could lead a more accepting life...

... But i am who i am... I've been through the worst of what people have called me.

What people seem to be forgetting though, is that each persons situation is very very different, such as MZ3, who obviously has to put up with this in the comfort of his own life... then has to deal with the dogma round here.

It's not fair.

You don't owe anyone your honesty here. Perhaps some don't deserve it. It can be like opening the door to your house and letting in someone who stamps around leaving muddy footprints you have to clean up later. (you probably know all this, but I got the impression that you might be finding some of this conversation unpleasant and I would guess it is also useless).

What exactly is my bi attitude? All I'm saying is no one can conclusively make a claim for a genetic source for homosexuality. And this is true, no one can.

Back