God...who believes?

Do you believe a God/Gods/Higher Being exists?

• Total voters
If it wasn't for religion there wouldn't be a whole lot of people that believed in God.

What do they believe in?

God as He is, Or God as they interpret Him to be.

Religion is mankind reaching up to God. Thinking about Him theorizing about Him coming up with motivations for Him and turning him into a God that they can understand.

The True Way However comes when God reaches down to us and reveals knowledge to us about Him. Faith is maintained when we trust in Him to Lead us.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Religion causes a lot more people to believe in God than it turns people away from God. The evidence is obvious, about 85% of the world population is religious.
Most people become religious by indoctrination in childhood.
It isn't really an outrageous thing to say that if it wasn't for religion there wouldn't be nearly as many people that believed in God. In fact, I would say that religion is a potent way for belief in god to survive the millennia.

What do they believe in?

God as He is, Or God as they interpret Him to be.

Religion is mankind reaching up to God. Thinking about Him theorizing about Him coming up with motivations for Him and turning him into a God that they can understand.

The True Way However comes when God reaches down to us and reveals knowledge to us about Him. Faith is maintained when we trust in Him to Lead us.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days
I suppose your interpretation is the only right interpretation, right ? :rolleyes:

Religion causes a lot more people to believe in God than it turns people away from God. The evidence is obvious, about 85% of the world population is religious.
Most people become religious by indoctrination in childhood.
It isn't really an outrageous thing to say that if it wasn't for religion there wouldn't be nearly as many people that believed in God. In fact, I would say that religion is a potent way for belief in god to survive the millennia.

that doesn't mean they know god or have a relationship with him, so what's the point? saying you believe in something you don't know is not worthless, it's actually detrimental.

that doesn't mean they know god or have a relationship with him, so what's the point? saying you believe in something you don't know is not worthless, it's actually detrimental.

So says you. I bet they think differently about it.

You present yourself as if you're Jesus's next coming... lol
Relax Lori, your take on God and Jesus is personal. Just like everyone else's.

what they think about it may be very convenient for them and it may serve their purpose or agenda, but if they think that being religious is going to save them, then they're not paying attention to scripture which contradicts that.

:shrug:

What do you mean "somewhat"?

Meaning they failed to indoctrinate me.
My mother was religious and went to church, I had to come with.
My father had no position on it as far as I know.
I went to Christian schools all my life.

i'm jesus' wife sweetheart. i am the church! the bride of christ! woo hoo!

what they think about it may be very convenient for them and it may serve their purpose or agenda, but if they think that being religious is going to save them, then they're not paying attention to scripture which contradicts that.

:shrug:

Erm.. scripture ? I thought you weren't religious..

poor thing. :(

Ah, well, we are indoctrinated simply living in society. Indoctrination can be a good thing.

Back