God...who believes?

Do you believe a God/Gods/Higher Being exists?

• Total voters
But you are still arguing your position.

if i argue, it's because people on here try to tell me i'm lying or that they are more aware of the reasons behind my experiences than i am. which is pretty ridiculous really. if you'll notice, i come out here and talk about what i've experienced, and what it means to me, and people say to me, "no, you're wrong", or "no, that's not true", and i argue, "well who the fuck are you to be telling me what i have experienced and what it means?" that's the vast majority of my arguing out here. if you want to call that a position, i guess it is, but it's really only logical...

Really ? What if we run out of space ?

I think there has been a breakdown in communication here.

When you asked Lori what would happen if we became immortal. Did you mean to ask what would happen if we because immortal while still being in our current state of being?

Or if we became immortal after we where made Good again By God?

all praise The Ancient of Days

You seem to have mis read my sentance? not sure.

How about if i say it like this

Enmos isn't to proud to see herself as being an imperfect being....

We all are imperfect beings....

Me included...

Thats why we all need to be changed.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Ok, so are rats imperfect ? Or locusts ? What about any other species that can grow out of control and cause problems in the natural world ?
By the way, the above is all caused by humans of course.

It's not that they are "imperfect" it's their numbers that are the problem. A natural balance has been upset.
If our numbers would be reduced to a manageable size the problems would fly out of the window.

if i argue, it's because people on here try to tell me i'm lying or that they are more aware of the reasons behind my experiences than i am. which is pretty ridiculous really. if you'll notice, i come out here and talk about what i've experienced, and what it means to me, and people say to me, "no, you're wrong", or "no, that's not true", and i argue, "well who the fuck are you to be telling me what i have experienced and what it means?" that's the vast majority of my arguing out here. if you want to call that a position, i guess it is, but it's really only logical...

And so you counter by trying to prove that your are right. That's the same thing as trying to convince.
Not that I mind.

I think there has been a breakdown in communication here.

When you asked Lori what would happen if we became immortal. Did you mean to ask what would happen if we because immortal while still being in our current state of being?

Or if we became immortal after we where made Good again By God?

all praise The Ancient of Days

It doesn't matter. Lori believes the 'good people' will still be here on Earth.
The misunderstanding seems to be between you and Lori, because you assume that the 'good people' will be transported to heaven (which is supposedly of infinite size).

Or perhaps I understand the concept of opinion. I am probably one of the least accepting members here, yet one of the most open minded in my ability to consider other ideas and understand that they are opinions.
There are many others here that are at least as open minded as you in that regard.

How about them? Most people do support capital punishment, at least here in the United States; though I won't argue about that here.

I did a poll here a long while back and alot of people (54) answered and it was in favor of capital punishment 28-26

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=75191
Killing people for something you don't agree with doesn't seem particularly open-minded.
Especially when the majority turns out to be against it, and you still argue for it.

There are many others here that are at least as open minded as you in that regard.
A few others, I suppose.

Killing people for something you don't agree with doesn't seem particularly open-minded.
Who said anything about that? I'm talking about its use for criminal punishment, not for its use against dissent.

I'm talking about murderers, rapits, child rapists, etc
Especially when the majority turns out to be against it, and you still argue for it.
The majority are overwhelmingly for it, first of all, and in areas where the "majority" is against it it is just barely.

Also the "majority" could be for or against anything.

He wanted to destroy humanity because he regretted making them. So why didn't he finish the job ?

Because He was Just. And a part of that Justice is having mercy on the repentant. Noah was not like the others in attitude towards the truth.

So then what is an uncountable number ? Zero ?

I presume a number that no man can count. I see the scripture as refering to a very vast number. suffice to say that many will be saved.

We would basically be reduced to non-human animals. In other words, he'd take away our intellect.

What leads you to believe that? The Bible does not show that Adam and Eve where mindless animals. They where thinking beings. If we become like them again we will still be thinking beings. I don't know where this thinking comes from that we will all turn into mindless zombies.

Jesus said we will be like childeren not like animals.

Who said anything about that? I'm talking about its use for criminal punishment, not for its use against dissent.

I'm talking about murderers, rapits, child rapists, etc
Are you keeping an open mind towards the possibility that they might be proven innocent in the future ?

The majority are overwhelmingly for it, first of all, and in areas where the "majority" is against it it is just barely.
Nonsense.

It doesn't matter. Lori believes the 'good people' will still be here on Earth.
The misunderstanding seems to be between you and Lori, because you assume that the 'good people' will be transported to heaven (which is supposedly of infinite size).

Well i do not believe they will be in Heaven for eternity. I believe what Lori believes that Jesus will come to earth and stay here with us.

But the bible talks of two resurections. One at the return of the Messiah Jesus where those who believed Jesus will be resurected.

And another 1000 years later.

Because He was Just.
According to who ?

And a part of that Justice is having mercy on the repentant. Noah was not like the others in attitude towards the truth.
So he was the only one ? I find that hard to believe.
Besides, if God was rational in any way he would have destroyed all of them. After all, he regretted making them.

I presume a number that no man can count. I see the scripture as refering to a very vast number. suffice to say that many will be saved.
We can count the number of humans today..

What leads you to believe that? The Bible does not show that Adam and Eve where mindless animals. They where thinking beings. If we become like them again we will still be thinking beings. I don't know where this thinking comes from that we will all turn into mindless zombies.

Jesus said we will be like childeren not like animals.
First of all, we are animals.
Second of all, if we retain our reasoning abilities we will still have 'good and evil'.

Well i do not believe they will be in Heaven for eternity. I believe what Lori believes that Jesus will come to earth and stay here with us.

But the bible talks of two resurections. One at the return of the Messiah Jesus where those who believed Jesus will be resurected.
Invasion of the zombies ?

When all the 'good people' will be taken to heaven while the rest is left here on Earth to suffer the consequences of human destruction of the natural environment in which the so-called 'good people' had a very big hand.
Talk about justice.

Are you keeping an open mind towards the possibility that they might be proven innocent in the future ?
We can't refrain from administering justice because of this, though; there's also the chance that you might wrongly imprison someobody.

Don't let it get in the way of JUSTICE. Our attempts should be at better prosecution methods, not going soft on criminals

Nonsense.

Not at all, and there's no reason to be against it. I'd suggest you re-instate it in Holland

United States
Death_penalty_statutes_in_the_United_States.svg

Opinion polls consistently show that a majority of the American public supports the death penalty. A May 2005 Gallup poll had 74% of respondents in "favor of the death penalty for a person convicted of murder". In the same Gallup poll, when life imprisonment without parole was given as an option as a punishment for murder, 56% supported the death penalty and 39% supported life imprisonment, with 5% offering no opinion. Elections have sometimes turned on the issue; in 1986, three justices were removed from the Supreme Court of California by the electorate (including Chief Justice Rose Bird) partly because of their opposition to the death penalty.
-WIKI

I know the UK and Germany also have significant support for the death penalty; I don't know about Holland. However in the UK and Germany the support is not strong enough to re-instate it and it isn't there only because of the ban from the EU. However it is significant, well above a third of the people. In France,

In 2007, according to Argus Reid Global Monitor, 52% of French are anti-death penalty and 45% are pro-death penalty.
In 2007, according to Novatris/Harris, 58% of French favor to the execution of Saddam Hussein.

As with all surveys on a subject this sensitive, public opinion is quite changeable, depending on current affairs. The different surveys taken have shown that, at the time of appalling crimes (particularly those which affect children), public opinion can quickly return to a majority in favour of re-establishing capital punishment.

'Tis called justice, Enmos.

In Russia,
One of the latest polls reported that around three-quarters of those participating "do not mind" the death penalty, and only 4 percent strongly feel against it. Those supporting the death penalty offer fairly common arguments in favor of their view: 44 percent argue that "death penalty is fair" and that "death should be caused for death," 9 percent believe that the death penalty will decrease the crime rate, and 5 percent oppose the economic impact of life imprisonment on the taxpayers. Slightly less common arguments have been offered by minorities of those in favor of the death penalty as well. 4 percent of them "see no sense in long imprisonment", whereas 3 percent are convinced that the death penalty is the only meaningful punishment so long as corruption results in the possibility of freedom for bribes, and 1 percent believe that the death penalty is ultimately more humane than continuous imprisonment.

The current moratorium, which has been in force for ten years, is opposed by 55 percent and supported by 28 percent.

-Wiki

According to who ?

I believe it.

So he was the only one ? I find that hard to believe.

Maybe hard but not impossible.

Besides, if God was rational in any way he would have destroyed all of them. After all, he regretted making them.

Don't you find mercy to be a good thing?

First of all, we are animals.

I disagree. We may inhabit a flesh body as they do but we where never animals and they where never us.

Second of all, if we retain our reasoning abilities we will still have 'good and evil'.

Nope. Adam and Eve reasoned between themselves before they obtained the knowledge of good and evil. They listened to and considered the reasoning of satan that lead them to obtaining of the knowledge of good and evil.

I believe it.

Maybe hard but not impossible.

Don't you find mercy to be a good thing?

I disagree. We may inhabit a flesh body as they do but we where never animals and they where never us.

Nope. Adam and Eve reasoned between themselves before they obtained the knowledge of good and evil. They listened to and considered the reasoning of satan that lead them to obtaining of the knowledge of good and evil.

Our views are too incompatible. Sorry.

We can't refrain from administering justice because of this, though; there's also the chance that you might wrongly imprison someobody.

Don't let it get in the way of JUSTICE. Our attempts should be at better prosecution methods, not going soft on criminals

Not at all, and there's no reason to be against it. I'd suggest you re-instate it in Holland

United States
Death_penalty_statutes_in_the_United_States.svg

Opinion polls consistently show that a majority of the American public supports the death penalty. A May 2005 Gallup poll had 74% of respondents in "favor of the death penalty for a person convicted of murder". In the same Gallup poll, when life imprisonment without parole was given as an option as a punishment for murder, 56% supported the death penalty and 39% supported life imprisonment, with 5% offering no opinion. Elections have sometimes turned on the issue; in 1986, three justices were removed from the Supreme Court of California by the electorate (including Chief Justice Rose Bird) partly because of their opposition to the death penalty.
-WIKI

I know the UK and Germany also have significant support for the death penalty; I don't know about Holland. However in the UK and Germany the support is not strong enough to re-instate it and it isn't there only because of the ban from the EU. However it is significant, well above a third of the people. In France,

In 2007, according to Argus Reid Global Monitor, 52% of French are anti-death penalty and 45% are pro-death penalty.
In 2007, according to Novatris/Harris, 58% of French favor to the execution of Saddam Hussein.

As with all surveys on a subject this sensitive, public opinion is quite changeable, depending on current affairs. The different surveys taken have shown that, at the time of appalling crimes (particularly those which affect children), public opinion can quickly return to a majority in favour of re-establishing capital punishment.

'Tis called justice, Enmos.

In Russia,
One of the latest polls reported that around three-quarters of those participating "do not mind" the death penalty, and only 4 percent strongly feel against it. Those supporting the death penalty offer fairly common arguments in favor of their view: 44 percent argue that "death penalty is fair" and that "death should be caused for death," 9 percent believe that the death penalty will decrease the crime rate, and 5 percent oppose the economic impact of life imprisonment on the taxpayers. Slightly less common arguments have been offered by minorities of those in favor of the death penalty as well. 4 percent of them "see no sense in long imprisonment", whereas 3 percent are convinced that the death penalty is the only meaningful punishment so long as corruption results in the possibility of freedom for bribes, and 1 percent believe that the death penalty is ultimately more humane than continuous imprisonment.

The current moratorium, which has been in force for ten years, is opposed by 55 percent and supported by 28 percent.

-Wiki
I'm not going to argue on this subject.

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't want to either. But I'm simply showing you that there is quite a strong support, even in the West for the death penalty. And in the East it's there almost everywhere.

Soon, people will realize civilization and re-instate the death penalty. The Netherlands has some catching up to do.

Oh yes, I forgot about Japan,

Since executions resumed in 1993, a rise in street crime during the 1990s, the sarin gas attack on the Tokyo subway in 1995 and several high-profile murders the public have hardened attitudes amongst the public and the judiciary. Since 1999, there have been a series of cases in which criminals sentenced to life imprisonment have been given the death penalty after prosecutors successfully appealed to High courts.

On March 18, 2009, a district court sentenced to death two men for the murder of Rie Isogai.[18] Fumiko Isogai, who lost her only child in this crime, launched a campaign to call for the death penalty on the three murderers in September 2007.[19] Within ten days, her petition was signed by 100,000 citizens.[20] She presented her petition for the death penalty with some 150,000 signatures to the the District Public Prosecutors' Office of Nagoya on 23 October 2007.[21] About 318,000 citizens had signed her petition by December 2008.[19]

Japan has higher support for the death penalty than the United States

Gallup's annual Values and Beliefs Survey, conducted each May, shows that 66% of Americans -- almost the same percentage that supports the death penalty -- find the death penalty "morally acceptable." Just 27% say the death penalty is morally wrong. This view of the morality of the death penalty has been relatively constant since 2001.

Not only do Americans support the death penalty in concept, but only a minority of about one in five says the death penalty is imposed too often. About half say that it is not imposed often enough, while the rest say it is imposed about the right amount. These perceptions have been roughly constant since 2002. In a May 2001 survey, however, the percentage saying the death penalty was not imposed often enough was lower, at 38%.

- http://www.gallup.com/poll/101863/Sixtynine-Percent-Americans-Support-Death-Penalty.aspx

yeah, the bible has a rather short blip at the very end describing a population of the kingdom that lasts for 1000. even gives a number of 144,000, then it really doesn't say much about what will happen after that. no real detail of it anyway.

Back