God...who believes?

Do you believe a God/Gods/Higher Being exists?

• Total voters
Oh, you couldn't be more wrong.
I see death is good because I don't have blinders on. Humans are not the only ones to walk this planet. Death is natural and without death there would be no life.
You aren't a human-supremacist by any chance, are you ?

I am.

You don't need God for that, you need less humans for that.

oh, well i assumed wrong then. pardon me.

a human-supremacist...ah, depends. i don't think humans are any more valuable than any other part of creation, but i do think we're supposed to have dominion over animals meaning...we are to respect them and act in the best interest of all of the species. we have a responsibility not to exploit an animal just because we can. and i think it's pretty evident that we can. we do, and it's a tragedy. it's hideous the way we exploit all facets of nature.

i think you're being a little ambitious by saying you're at one. i say that because if you were, i believe you would have perfect peace. do you have it?

and we've discussed the fatal flaw within the population reduction solution. the fatal flaw residing in the flesh of whatever is left. you won't eliminate a problem, you will just reduce the number of the population that embodies it.

It gives me such a well rounded perspective on things. A Syrian atheist living in the West

I am one of the most open minded persons here; not to sound conceited, of course.

Uh.. you ? The most open-minded person here ? :rolleyes:

oh, well i assumed wrong then. pardon me.

a human-supremacist...ah, depends. i don't think humans are any more valuable than any other part of creation, but i do think we're supposed to have dominion over animals meaning...we are to respect them and act in the best interest of all of the species. we have a responsibility not to exploit an animal just because we can. and i think it's pretty evident that we can. we do, and it's a tragedy. it's hideous the way we exploit all facets of nature.
What do you think would happen if we would turn immortal ?
Why does God order animal sacrifice in the bible ?

i think you're being a little ambitious by saying you're at one.
No, I am a tiny bit of the universe and because of that I am not conflicting with it and transgressing any laws of it.

i say that because if you were, i believe you would have perfect peace. do you have it?
Why should I have perfect peace then ? Where does it say that I should ?

and we've discussed the fatal flaw within the population reduction solution. the fatal flaw residing in the flesh of whatever is left. you won't eliminate a problem, you will just reduce the number of the population that embodies it.
And keep it that way..

I would say so; when was the last time you saw me call someone backwards or barbaric or bigoted for not agreeing with me?
So you have great self control. Or perhaps you already know you are wrong..

How about your plead for capital punishment, or your insane proposal for a penal system ?

So God will turn us back into animals with little conscious thought.

He did not create us as animals in the first place. We where differant to the animals when we where in out Good state.

Will he decimate our population as well ?

He will save a number who's number cannot be counted.

Revelation 7
9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” 11 All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 saying:

“ Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom,
Thanksgiving and honor and power and might,
Be to our God forever and ever.
Amen.”

13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?”
14 And I said to him, “Sir, you know.”
So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them. 16 They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; 17 for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

Just one thing, he has to promise we won't evolve back to being humans ever again.

Well a promise He has made that one we are with Him and have been made Good again we shall be with Him forever.

Revelation 22
1 And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. 4 They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. 5 There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

He did not create us as animals in the first place. We where differant to the animals when we where in out Good state.
So it's God's fault. Why did he neglect to finish us off with the Great flood ?

He will save a number who's number cannot be counted.

Revelation 7
9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, 10 and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” 11 All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 saying:

“ Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom,
Thanksgiving and honor and power and might,
Be to our God forever and ever.
Amen.”

13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?”
14 And I said to him, “Sir, you know.”
So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them. 16 They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; 17 for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”
So he will save an infinite amount ?

Well a promise He has made that one we are with Him and have been made Good again we shall be with Him forever.

Revelation 22
1 And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. 4 They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. 5 There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.

"With him" meaning 'in oblivion' ? Sounds great.

What do you think would happen if we would turn immortal ?

we'd live forever in perfect peace and love. no sickness or suffering.

Why does God order animal sacrifice in the bible ?

i don't know. maybe it's a ritual in regards to the wages of sin being death.

No, I am a tiny bit of the universe and because of that I am not conflicting with it and transgressing any laws of it.

are you saying that you're not part of the problem? that you're perfect?

Why should I have perfect peace then ? Where does it say that I should ?

if there was no sin, there would be no lies, no fear, no sickness, no suffering, and no death. sounds pretty good to me! we would be in perfect harmony with everything, even ourselves. ahhh...

And keep it that way..

keep things shitty and broken? no thank you.

So it's God's fault. Why did he neglect to finish us off with the Great flood ?

Because there was still someone He could justafiably save. God is Just, He cannot be unjust. He cannot save those who reject being saved.

So he will save an infinite amount ?

There is no such thing as an infinite amount.

"With him" meaning 'in oblivion' ? Sounds great.

Where do you get this Idea of oblivion from? The place described was a real place not a nothingness.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

You said:

And you are proud to see yourself as being the limited being we all are ? Then what's this about God needing to change people ?

You seem to have mis read my sentance? not sure.

How about if i say it like this

Enmos isn't to proud to see herself as being an imperfect being....

We all are imperfect beings....

Me included...

Thats why we all need to be changed.

we'd live forever in perfect peace and love. no sickness or suffering.
Really ? What if we run out of space ?

i don't know. maybe it's a ritual in regards to the wages of sin being death.
What did the poor animals have to do with that ?

are you saying that you're not part of the problem? that you're perfect?
That is your interpretation. You know what I think of humanity..

if there was no sin, there would be no lies, no fear, no sickness, no suffering, and no death. sounds pretty good to me! we would be in perfect harmony with everything, even ourselves. ahhh...
Yea, fine. Or perhaps there is no sin now, because there is no god.
The issue is that you equated being part of the universe with being at perfect peace. I asked why that would be the case ?

keep things shitty and broken? no thank you.
How do you figure things will still be shitty and broken ? All our problems and problems caused by us are because of our huge population size.

So you have great self control. Or perhaps you already know you are wrong..

Or perhaps I understand the concept of opinion. I am probably one of the least accepting members here, yet one of the most open minded in my ability to consider other ideas and understand that they are opinions.

How about your plead for capital punishment, or your insane proposal for a penal system ?

How about them? Most people do support capital punishment, at least here in the United States; though I won't argue about that here.

I did a poll here a long while back and alot of people (54) answered and it was in favor of capital punishment 28-26

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=75191

Because there was still someone He could justafiably save. God is Just, He cannot be unjust. He cannot save those who reject being saved.
He wanted to destroy humanity because he regretted making them. So why didn't he finish the job ?

There is no such thing as an infinite amount.
So then what is an uncountable number ? Zero ?

Where do you get this Idea of oblivion from? The place described was a real place not a nothingness.
We would basically be reduced to non-human animals. In other words, he'd take away our intellect.

Back