Gay Churches Decline / Fundamental Churches Grow

imaplanck. said:
Yes it's OK to kill for god, especially infidels like you!

Can you feel the love?

For the record, I don't think it is OK to kill, even if you, a theist, thinks it's OK to kill me.

spidergoat said:
Why? They are a bunch of men dressed up in finery, served by young boys in the most lavish, gold-encrusted and fabulous palaces in Italy... The Catholic Church is full of repressed homosexuals. They are going broke paying off lawsuits from the boys they molested.

yah....so?

So its okay to kill infidels? That sure is against the texts... you know... that little section in Exodus... ah.. a little after Moses frees the slaves.... ah! here it is!

Exodus 20:13 (New American Bible)

"You shall not kill"

It does not say "You shall not kill, unless it is an infidel"

All it says is "You shall not kill"

That, in itself, is its own verse. its own sentence. Short. And to the point. Sorta like "No smoking." ... meaning... U CANT SMOKE, PERIOD, GO TO A SMOKING ZONE.

This is similar... NO KILLING. PERIOD. GO TO A KILLING ZONE.. oh wait... thankfully, there are none...

Interesting that when the crusades were authorized the pope at that time reasoned that love your enemies only applied to those who were Christian enemies, but if they weren't Christian then they could be fairly butchered and slaughtered.

Cris said:
Interesting that when the crusades were authorized the pope at that time reasoned that love your enemies only applied to those who were Christian enemies, but if they weren't Christian then they could be fairly butchered and slaughtered.
Yeah you are right, its OK to kill christian enimies but not christians. Thats what I meant.

Imap - ouch. And what about the 6th commandment "thou shalt not murder"?

The pope at the times of the crusades was wrong and a later pope apologized. The result of the crusades was the coming together of all the disparate Islam tribes into a widespread cohesive fighting force and who booted out the Christians. Had not the crusades occurred it seems likely that those early disorganized Muslims would have faded away, instead what we see now is 9/11 and worldwide Islamic religious inspired terrorism that we can link back directly to the barbaric Christain violence who started the whole mess.

Christanity is a criminal institution and should be penalized appropriately.

Cris said:
Imap - ouch. And what about the 6th commandment "thou shalt not murder"?

The pope at the times of the crusades was wrong and a later pope apologized. The result of the crusades was the coming together of all the disparate Islam tribes into a widespread cohesive fighting force and who booted out the Christians. Had not the crusades occurred it seems likely that those early disorganized Muslims would have faded away, instead what we see now is 9/11 and worldwide Islamic religious inspired terrorism that we can link back directly to the barbaric Christain violence who started the whole mess.

Christanity is a criminal institution and should be penalized appropriately.
Most criminals aren't christians, most people in jail are black men.

No, I didn't say Christians are criminals I said Christianity is the criminal.

imaplanck. said:
Imaplanck, that's the 2nd ignorant racist comment I've noticed from you. Are you an ignorant racist as well as a 'Christian'? Do you not think these two positions are incompatible?

redarmy11 said:
Imaplanck, that's the 2nd ignorant racist comment I've noticed from you. Are you an ignorant racist as well as a 'Christian'? Do you not think these two positions are incompatible?
I dont know what I said wrong, what do you call them then?

imaplanck. said:
I dont know what I said wrong, what do you call them then?
Well, first you said this:
imaplanck. said:
No black people can be slaves but normal people usually aren't.
Are black people not 'normal'? Also, is there some innate quality that black people have (but white people don't) which makes them susceptible to becoming slaves?

And then you said this:
imaplanck. said:
Have you thought about why most people in jail are black men? Do you think it could be related to poverty? Do you never wonder why most of the people in jail - black or white - are poor and uneducated?

Think about these things some more.

Back