Does free will exist?

Yes.
I'm taking it that you don't agree?

I am surprised that you believe that I am capable of doing something in the name of God.

If I could choose, I would be God's wrathful angel - but I don't have the vocation for that, so I refer only to my own authority, not God's.

Nope. Even if I die the mental energy I put into the universe will still exist.

Mental energy is that which neurons need to function and fire. Once it is spent, the result is altered neural connections, neurons, molecules, or heat.

Life: The American life is no life for my seed. Liberty: We think we're free, thats good enough for most, but not I. Pursuit of Happiness: I walk my path which the Lord put me on, I'm happy now but thats because the 49ers won.. Happiness should be a garunte not a possibility.
another Californian

I am surprised that you believe that I am capable of doing something in the name of God.

If I could choose, I would be God's wrathful angel - but I don't have the vocation for that, so I refer only to my own authority, not God's.

It's not a personal remark.
If you're physically capable of killing, then you're capable
of killing in the name of God, or, monarch, or, country, honour, gender, speicies, etc...

Whatever you choose.

jan.

It's not a personal remark.
If you're physically capable of killing, then you're capable
of killing in the name of God, or, monarch, or, country, honour, gender, speicies, etc...

Whatever you choose.

That is grossly mundane reasoning.

Killing in the name of God belongs to a completely different category than the other motivations for killing.

Killing in the name of God belongs to a completely different category than the other motivations for killing.

it is just an excuse.
same with the others she said..

if a person is predisposed to killing,then they will find any excuse to do so.
killing in the name of God is just another excuse.

it is just an excuse.
same with the others she said..

if a person is predisposed to killing,then they will find any excuse to do so.
killing in the name of God is just another excuse.

And you know what people believe and feel who kill, and specifically who claim to kill in the name of God?
How many jihadists have you studied?

And you know what people believe and feel who kill, and specifically who claim to kill in the name of God?
How many jihadists have you studied?

are you saying that there are valid reasons to kill 'in the name of God'?

Because only the belief in God deals with the notions of the summum bonum, the source of creation, the Creator, Maintainer and Controler of everyone and everything.

this assumes that the ppl who are killing 'in the name of God' are actually doing what God wants them to.
not every one who says 'God told me' means that God told them.

Because only the belief in God deals with the notions of the summum bonum, the source of creation, the Creator, Maintainer and Controler of everyone and everything.

So why does the notion ''belief'' differ when it comes to God.

jan.

Back