• I'm unsure of my sexual orientation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know what I want

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.
And please don't espouse religion, politics, science or any other opinion, discipline, point of view or lifestyle in front of children.
It is criminally irresponsible to let them know that some things (or anything) are a matter of choice/ taste/ predisposition/ genetics/ upbringing or anything else.
Make them toe the party line and eschew any other options whatsoever, for life.
Regardless of how much it may damage them in future.

Oli I know that kids are exposed to alot of things we rather them not be.
Would you like your young children to witness that parade? and would have
no problems explaining it to them? I do have a problem with it, I don't want to have to explain that to a 6 yr old. I will hold off on that as long as possible. It's just like not taking them to movies that are rated for adults?

Wrong again.
I already said I'm straight.
Don't tell me. your definition of gay is "anyone that sleeps with the same sex or accepts others doing so".

Pot/ kettle methinks.

defintion for gay (in my view, dont post some stupid wiki definition or whatever)= anyone that is attracted to the same sex or feels no disgust with the idea. If you dont find it wrong, that means you have no problem doing it yourself.

I'm sure you're straight

I'm sorry, was this post sincere or a clever way to make me look like an idiot? If the latter, please rephrase in a way where I can decipher your post.
:D

It was sincere in that if you wish to prevent gays matching in front of children (which they do to indicate that being gay is a valid option), then why not prevent children from seeing every other option on life?

Children get to see extreme violence on the TV news and you object to people walking round the streets?

:D

Children get to see extreme violence on the TV news and you object to people walking round the streets?

No not objecting to them walking around like everyone else.
Just objecting to them witnessing grown men or women
prancing around half naked.....pulling eachother around with
dog collars....and other bizarre things. ( i thought we were talking
about the parades) Would you allow your
children to watch that on TV?

defintion for gay (in my view, dont post some stupid wiki definition or whatever)= anyone that is attracted to the same sex or feels no disgust with the idea. If you dont find it wrong, that means you have no problem doing it yourself.

I'm sure you're straight

Good grief, you're stupid.
You're sure I'm straight and your definition of gay is someone who feels no disgust with gays.
So which am I?
For your information I have no inclination whatsoever to "bat for the other side".
I find homosexuality no more or less repulsive than most other things that humans get up to, including sex between men and women.
What others do is no business of mine.
What I do is no business of theirs.

It was sincere in that if you wish to prevent gays matching in front of children (which they do to indicate that being gay is a valid option), then why not prevent children from seeing every other option on life?

Hey man, explaining homosexuality in a civil manner is one thing, but two naked guys with leashes around their necks on the streets is another.

Some of us pay attention to a program's rating. Don't let your 12 year old watch things rated 18+/R, for starters.

Hey man, explaining homosexuality in a civil manner is one thing, but two naked guys with leashes around their necks on the streets is another.

Some of us pay attention to a program's rating. Don't let your 12 year old watch things rated 18+/R, for starters.

EXACTLY!!

Or a bunch of people doing an anti war protest with coffins, skeletons etc?

The news is rated?
Not here.

Or a bunch of people doing an anti war protest with coffins, skeletons etc?

I agree Oli, but this thread is for homosexuality, not anti war freaks who do stuff like that.

The news is rated?
Not here.

Well, isn't that brand of news where women strip during their report rated 18+? :p

In all seriousness, if the news is about to show something graphic/violent, they'll give a warning first. That, or you can use your own judgement and not allow your children (depends on age) to watch such things.

Oli, if you're feeling ganged right now, let me know. I'll stop debating, because at least three people are quoting you.

Thats funny because I define gay as anyone who is attracted to the same sex, including those who seek to suppress that attraction by over emphazizing their fear and disgust of the act.:D

In all seriousness, if the news is about to show something graphic/violent, they'll give a warning first. That, or you can use your own judgement and not allow your children (depends on age) to watch such things.

They do that here too for the news......give warning.

I could be wrong here but some of the ppl who are saying
its ok for children don't worry, just explain it...don't have kids?:shrug:

How do you go about explaining 2 half naked men in chaps kissing
and grabbing eachothers asses.....while being pulled on a dog leash to a child?
I am just curious:shrug:

That is the type of behaviour that goes on at this parade open on the public streets,
for half a day.

I agree Oli, but this thread is for homosexuality, not anti war freaks who do stuff like that.
Agreed.
But it comes down to what is acceptable and what isn't.

Well, isn't that brand of news where women strip during their report rated 18+? :p
I wouldn't know, as we don't have it.

Not that I've ever noticed.
Strippers on the news? How strange.

Oli, if you're feeling ganged right now, let me know. I'll stop debating, because at least three people are quoting you.
I'm cool, thanks for asking.

shorty_37 said:
They do that here too for the news......give warning.
The news is the news.
It is watched for information.

How do you go about explaining 2 half naked men in chaps kissing
and grabbing eachothers asses.....while being pulled on a dog leash to a child?
How do you explain two [half naked] humans kissing and grabbing each others' arses?
Of either/ any sex?
When they're old enough to understand they're old enough to be told.
When they're not it's all weird.

Oli I know that kids are exposed to alot of things we rather them not be.
Yup, that's life.

Would you like your young children to witness that parade? and would have no problems explaining it to them? I do have a problem with it, I don't want to have to explain that to a 6 yr old. I will hold off on that as long as possible. It's just like not taking them to movies that are rated for adults?
I wouldn't have problems at all.
In fact (coincidence or what?) I met someone tonight who told me that she'd had to explain to her five-year old that that child's aunt was a lesbian.
The kid is as cool as cucumber about it.

How do you explain two [half naked] humans kissing and grabbing each others' arses?
Of either/ any sex?
When they're old enough to understand they're old enough to be told.
When they're not it's all weird.

So you agree that young children should not be exposed to that right? ( i mean the kinky parade)
I agreed with that other dude, its one thing to explain homosexuality,
its another thing to have to explain that parade. I DO NOT think
that they should be able to prance around like that on the public streets.
What is the point behind it anyway? Why don't heterosexuals have a day
where they do exactly the same. Dammit I want a day to pull my boyfriend
around on a leash half naked! Would they allow such a day?

So you agree that young children should not be exposed to that right? ( i mean the kinky parade)
Which bit did you miss?
If they're old enough to be curious and ask they're old enough to be told.

I agreed with that other dude, its one thing to explain homosexuality,
its another thing to have to explain that parade.
What?
Mummy and daddy love each other and sometimes men like other men, or women like other women the way mummy and daddy like each other.
And those men and women think they should be allowed to like each other.
I think kids will see it as more reasonable than most adults do.

I DO NOT think that they should be able to prance around like that on the public streets.
Well personally I have have "issues" in that a good number of the gay guys I know spend most of their time "proving" they're gay, (the lesbians don't bother "displaying") instead of just getting on with it (in fact my one and only complaint about the gay club is that the music is so f*cking gay - homosexuals don't like Motorhead? WTF?)
Apart from that we have a "Gay Pride" march coming up in my home town - I'll be there, just as I was for the Anti-Nazi marches.
How does it differ from, say, Mardi Gras?

What is the point behind it anyway? Why don't hetersexuals have a day where they do exactly the same. Dammit I want a day to pull my boyfriend around on a leash half naked! Would they allow such a day?
Go for it.
Why not indeed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back