Did Haiti form a pact with the Devil?

What can I say, maybe God likes idiots. :) But he and Pat seem to have a good old time together. God tells Pat some crazy shit. :)

What can I say, maybe God likes idiots. :) But he and Pat seem to have a good old time together. God tells Pat some crazy shit. :)

pat would be better off spending his time whacking off than taking god's name in vain. and others would be spending their time more wisely doing the same rather than listening to him do it.

forceman said:
In Haiti and other Caribbean islands, the mullatos there still have their African heritage,
Uh oh.

When you send your missionary children of the light down there to convert three centuries of 97% Roman Catholics to true Christianity, you might want to go easy on the "mullato" type vocabulary. Maroon, high yellow, octaroon, and so forth, are similarly loaded.

Maybe check this out first: http://driftglass.blogspot.com/2010/01/something.html

And good luck to you.

pat would be better off spending his time whacking off than taking god's name in vain. and others would be spending their time more wisely doing the same rather than listening to him do it.

I don't see why his opinion is any crazier than religious ideas in general.

I don't why Voodoo is any crazier than Catholicism.

I don't see why his opinion is any crazier than religious ideas in general.

I don't why Voodoo is any crazier than Catholicism.

yeah, me neither. but here's the thing...

if pat cared nearly as much about actually understanding the bible as he does running his mouth, he would realize something fairly obvious. and that is, the fruits of the holy spirit are more intangible things like peace, love, joy, hope, and self-control. but the results of a deal with the devil are material and worldly things like material wealth, physical pleasure, social elitism and power. i mean, most of us know that jesus was said to have been tempted by satan with a deal. and satan said that if jesus would devout to him, he would give him the whole world. jesus, of course, declined, and look what happened.

so given that, if i had to choose between haiti and pat robertson, as to who made a deal with the devil, i would choose pat robertson. :shrug:

Why should we believe your version of God rather than Pat Robertson who's got a big church and his own TV programme?

An interesting except from a blog by Matthew Yglesias.

But I believe that Robertson is referring to the Bois Caïman Ceremony that in Haitian national mythology initiated the revolution. This was a Vodou ceremony and the following text is normally attributed to its leader, Boukman:

The god who created the earth; who created the sun that gives us light. The god who holds up the ocean; who makes the thunder roar. Our God who has ears to hear. You who are hidden in the clouds; who watch us from where you are. You see all that the white has made us suffer. The white man’s god asks him to commit crimes. But the god within us wants to do good. Our god, who is so good, so just, He orders us to revenge our wrongs. It’s He who will direct our arms and bring us the victory. It’s He who will assist us. We all should throw away the image of the white men’s god who is so pitiless. Listen to the voice for liberty that speaks in all our hearts.

https://peek-a-boo.appspot.com/ygle...0/01/did-haiti-form-a-pact-with-the-devil.php

Read the Bible

yeah, me neither. but here's the thing...

if pat cared nearly as much about actually understanding the bible as he does running his mouth, he would realize something fairly obvious. and that is, the fruits of the holy spirit are more intangible things like peace, love, joy, hope, and self-control. but the results of a deal with the devil are material and worldly things like material wealth, physical pleasure, social elitism and power. i mean, most of us know that jesus was said to have been tempted by satan with a deal. and satan said that if jesus would devout to him, he would give him the whole world. jesus, of course, declined, and look what happened.

so given that, if i had to choose between haiti and pat robertson, as to who made a deal with the devil, i would choose pat robertson. :shrug:

Jesus, the SON OF GOD, denied Satan because what would have been easier was the bloody wrong and irrelevant thing to do at the time, knowing that the easier and broader path leads to destruction. People would rather do evil than good because the spirit of the earth is Satan, which is why the Apostles were in the world but weren't of the world. Of course, Lori, you wouldn't understand this because you are of the world.:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59NCduEhkBM

Other than Robertson, I cannot find any references to Haiti and the devil. I don't know where he is getting this story. Perhaps it is another revelation he has received from God.

Not defending Robertson but just to set the record straight, you just didn't look hard enough.

There is a historical reference to what Robertson spoke of.
It doesn't mean the "devil pact" caused the earthquake, and I don't think that's what he meant when he brought it up.

He said "we should pray that they would turn to God and the curse would be ended"...nobody bothers to mention that.
They all just ridicule Robertson as an easy target and a nut-job, which he pretty much is.

But...there is some truth to the story.
Read it for yourself.

Here is the history of the Haiti "Voodoo Pact"...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutty_Boukman

Last edited:
Wouldn't that mean God was the cause of the Earthquake? It wouldn't be the first time He was said to have practiced collective punishment. Since no doubt at least some Haitians were innocent and pious, doesn't that make God evil?

Secondly, if Dutty Boukman sacrificed a pig to the Voodoo God, does the successful Haitian Revolution mean that this Voodoo God exists?

Thirdly, if Boukman was originally a Muslim, how could he defile himself by touching a pig?

Fourthly, does this mean if I appeal to a Devil or other God, God will destroy America?

Wouldn't that mean God was the cause of the Earthquake? It wouldn't be the first time He was said to have practiced collective punishment. Since no doubt at least some Haitians were innocent and pious, doesn't that make God evil?

You're funny, Spider! I mean, think about it, do you really and truly expect to be able to fully understand any and all of the workings of God? I mean, hell, that would make you the equal of God, wouldn't it? I know you're pretty good, even for a bleeding heart liberal, but I don't think you're that good. :D

Oh, and those innocent and pious Haitians that were killed? ...they're now up there drinkin' Mint Juleps and snacking on chocolate as they lounge comfortably on a soft cloud. So, ...don't worry about them, okay? :)

Fourthly, does this mean if I appeal to a Devil or other God, God will destroy America?

Yes, so please don't do it. ;=)

Baron Max

You're funny, Spider! I mean, think about it, do you really and truly expect to be able to fully understand any and all of the workings of God? I mean, hell, that would make you the equal of God, wouldn't it? I know you're pretty good, even for a bleeding heart liberal, but I don't think you're that good. :D
Just callin' it like I see it.

Yes, so please don't do it. ;=)
Please, Thor, save us from the Republicans (and corporate Democrats).

Why should we believe your version of God rather than Pat Robertson who's got a big church and his own TV programme?

"my version of god"? i don't know. why should you believe anything?

my opinion was formed from what it says all over the bible. the bible is a widely available read. form your own opinion.

Jesus, the SON OF GOD, denied Satan because what would have been easier was the bloody wrong and irrelevant thing to do at the time, knowing that the easier and broader path leads to destruction. People would rather do evil than good because the spirit of the earth is Satan, which is why the Apostles were in the world but weren't of the world. Of course, Lori, you wouldn't understand this because you are of the world.:D:D

i'm not sure where your contention lies. you just reiterated what i said to a degree. :confused:

judgement error: i am of the kingdom.

I bet there are some who whack off to Pat Robertson talking about god and the devil. Scary thought huh.

But I agree, he is nuts and he has a stage.

I read a great story written about how Satan was pissed at Pat because it wasn't his style to doom the poor with Earthquakes.

It's more his style to offer them riches and mega mansions, botox and good looks and cars and crap like that.

He felt Pat was dissing him and reminded him of their deal. :D It was very funny.

If there was a God I am sure he would have better things to do then to Talk to some wack Job about a Fly speck country that is over populated. I am sure he is likely still pissed at Germany for what happened during WWII. That is like I said If there was a god.

Back