Did Haiti form a pact with the Devil?

But, Bells, you're as usual missing the whole point. It's not whether I believe or not, it's what "they" believe. And if that's what they believe, why should you go out of your way to ridicule them for that belief?

Do you think that beliefs should not be open to criticism and ridicule?

My point, cynicist (scepticist, RETARD)

:bugeye:

You don't know much about vodou, do you?

Now I understand anyone who does not read the bible or is a Christian, ie, anyone who practices any religion outside of christianity and do yoga exercises is dealing with the devil..

Hang on..

Yoga?

BHAHAHAHAAA!

Oh crap, I laughed so hard I had tears coming out of my eyes.

Yoga has a connection with the devil?

HHAAAAHAHAHAAA!

*Cough*

You apparently didn't get my point. I was comparing the syncretism of some African nations and Black Caribbean nations to what's happening with Christians adopting pagan traditions... I bet you didn't even know about Catholicism having come from pagan traditions mixed with Christian doctrine, huh? Summarily, Catholicism is usually blended with pagan traditions amongst Africans and Black Caribbeans (but apparently you don't understand that!). On yoga, I was just alluding to this New Age Christian/Wiccan/Eastern Philosophy movement in America (as well as the UK). Am I saying yoga is from the Devil, no? I'm not some yelling envangelical, but do you know the exact origin of yoga?, no you don't. Do you know who Krishna, Brahma, Vishnu, and Buddha are? You probably don't... So shut the hell up...

Most of the folks in Haiti are Christian, 85 percent Catholic. How does that square with being a Satanic nation?

You have to remember, Pat Robertson's an Evangelical protestant. They often think of Catholicism as "satanic". Especially since Catholicism as it's practised in Haiti is usually a syncretic, heterodox form.

Now, obviously, that kind of bigotry doesn't make sense. But Evangelicals rarely do.

Danny Glover is the left wing Pat Robertson, blaming the earthquake on us not doing more at Copenhagen:

Says Glover: “When we see what we did at the climate summit in Copenhagen, this is the response, this is what happens, you know what I’m sayin’?” His obscene opinion would be bigger news if Glover had – in the manner of others – idiotically blamed a less-fashionable deity.

What a moron.

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/timblair/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/pact_with_gaia/

Being a protestant myself, we don't think of Catholicism as influenced by Satan or diabolical in any way, we just hold true to the facts, as it's known that during the High Middle Ages pagan elements and mysticism was adopted into the Catholic religion. (Some even call it white magic). For one, you can look at the similarities between paganism and Catholicism in the aspect of a great deal of emphasis on relics, symbols and things of the sort and the extensive use of sacred objects. We don't think Catholics aren't saved; they believe in Jesus Christ and the Resurrection of the Dead. We just look to facts to affirm that they adopted some things but over time various councils have done away with what is "obviously" pagan although now some crinkles of mysticism coming into the Church still remain

According to televangelist Pat Robertson, Yes.
They are a cursed nation.
And that's why they have had an earthquake.

Christy, something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it. They were under the heel of the French, Napoleon III or whatever, and they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said we will serve you if you get us free from the French. True story. So the devil said okay it's a deal, so the Hatians revolted and got themselves free. But ever since then they have been cursed by one thing after another. Desperately poor, the island of Hispanola is one side, on the one side is Haiti, on the other side is the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic is prosperous, healthy, full of resorts et cetera, Haiti is in desperate poverty. They need to have, and we need to pray for them, and out of this tragedy I'm optimistic something good may come, but right now we're helping the suffering people and the suffering is unimaginable.

Jesus. Does he think we're living in Pakistan or something? GET HIM OFF THE AIR. Any petitions around?

Danny Glover is the left wing Pat Robertson, blaming the earthquake on us not doing more at Copenhagen:

Says Glover: “When we see what we did at the climate summit in Copenhagen, this is the response, this is what happens, you know what I’m sayin’?” His obscene opinion would be bigger news if Glover had – in the manner of others – idiotically blamed a less-fashionable deity.

What a moron.

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/timblair/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/pact_with_gaia/

And as with the religous NUT JOB Glocver is a retard too. People that make statements like this should be slapped silly.

According to televangelist Pat Robertson, Yes.
They are a cursed nation.
And that's why they have had an earthquake.

Christy, something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it. They were under the heel of the French, Napoleon III or whatever, and they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said we will serve you if you get us free from the French. True story. So the devil said okay it's a deal, so the Hatians revolted and got themselves free. But ever since then they have been cursed by one thing after another. Desperately poor, the island of Hispanola is one side, on the one side is Haiti, on the other side is the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic is prosperous, healthy, full of resorts et cetera, Haiti is in desperate poverty. They need to have, and we need to pray for them, and out of this tragedy I'm optimistic something good may come, but right now we're helping the suffering people and the suffering is unimaginable.

You have to admit that it explains a lot. It's all so clear now...that Robertson is a jackass, I mean.

Which has what to do with a dead pig?

What about California? If this had occured in California, would it somehow be their fault?

What about all the people who live in areas where other natural disasters are prone to happening? If your words are to be believed, the US should not be populated at all and you are all stupid for living there.:rolleyes:

Don't worry
The US won't be left out.
God's keeping a peach of a disaster in reserve for the USA.

See
Scientists Warn Of Massive
Tidal Wave From
Canary Island Volcano

http://www.rense.com/general13/tidal.htm

Maybe you will have cause to regret overthrowing your British masters.

Last edited:
You apparently didn't get my point. I was comparing the syncretism of some African nations and Black Caribbean nations to what's happening with Christians adopting pagan traditions... I bet you didn't even know about Catholicism having come from pagan traditions mixed with Christian doctrine, huh?

No, you apparently did not understand that Vodou is not pagan. Do you even know what Vodou actually is? What their main central belief is? That there are different branches of Vodou? That the Vodou practiced in Haiti is different to that practiced in New Orleans, for example? Or in West or Central Africa?

Catholicism, just like your own religion, all encompass pagan elements.:rolleyes: So suck it up sunshine.

Hatian Vodou, for all intents and purposes, fits quite neatly into Christianity, not just Catholicism. Simply because one of the central beliefs of all Vodou is the belief in one God. Here is a basic introductory course in the religion. It was the most basic one that I could find for you. It gives you the bare bones of what it actually is.

On yoga, I was just alluding to this New Age Christian/Wiccan/Eastern Philosophy movement in America (as well as the UK). Am I saying yoga is from the Devil, no? I'm not some yelling envangelical, but do you know the exact origin of yoga?, no you don't. Do you know who Krishna, Brahma, Vishnu, and Buddha are? You probably don't... So shut the hell up...
Yes I do. Which just makes your original statement in this thread all the more ridiculous. Which seems to get worse with your second post:

Being a protestant myself, we don't think of Catholicism as influenced by Satan or diabolical in any way, we just hold true to the facts, as it's known that during the High Middle Ages pagan elements and mysticism was adopted into the Catholic religion.
And where do you think your own religion stemmed from?

What a moron.

He's just as big of a nut job as Robertson is.

Do you think that beliefs should not be open to criticism and ridicule?

I think we should be allowed to criticize, ridicule, speak hatefully to/about, ridicule the person's skin color, ridicule the person's clothing, religion, girl friend's ugliness, ......

In short, I think nothing should be protected from any kind of verbal abuse regardless of color, race, national origin, religion, ....or anything else. We should also be free to yell "Fire!" in a crowded theatre, as well as yell "Bomb!" in a crowded subway.

Baron Max

Still can't answer the question?

I can answer it, Bells, but I'm not going to do for "fear" of being ridiculed by you. :D

I love your deflection of the "hate speech" comment. ...LOL! Are you also a believer in population diversity, Bells? ...LOL!

Baron Max

Back