Conservation of souls?

I am not a health professional it is best you present your symptoms there.
X, you seem a bit aggressive for a guy who's been told he is loved by God. I mean, had I told you that Hell awaits you, I could understand a bit of resistance.

And you look at the sky and appreciate its beauty?

Last night while waiting for my train a young fellow was standing on the steps of the square, ranting about Hell and Jesus. My temptation was to take a stand at the opposite side of the square and start ranting about Life and Heaven. It really is a matter of perspective, either God is your friend or your enemy.

Please see a health professional as should the young man you saw.
Such behaviour really is not normal and being a believer should not and does not mean you are normal here...use the standards of a theist or atheist both sides will be concerned for you.

Your desire to act in the situation you mention points to obsessional thinking that threatens to take you over if you were thinking of openning up your own platform.
Stop and think about it...what benefit would be derived by the young man other than to quell his obsessional thinking..that was the appeal for you.
No one need hear some tradgic fool on a soap box...if you are so overflowing with joy that you felt a need to tell others I can tell you that is not right.

Think about it this way God wont be a friend or enemy ...if he exists he would be way about such petty nonsence...you are not on a mission to do Gods work I expect but the probability of something causing pressure on your brain needs to be investigated.
Please I am worried for you go and see about it...if you are ok you can come here and take up you battle for God.
But I hope I am wrong.
I often joke that I am never wrong but strangley I never seem to be wrong.
A mate has been losing weight and I thought he was somehow different and at my insistence he went for a check up...well what I feared was liver cancer...I just felt it..you know when you just get a feeling and its right...that happens to me all the time...
Well guess what he has liver cancer.
I would love for you to see someone and come back here to tell me that I am wrong and your behaviour is normal and that you dont have a brain tumour and smoking is not killing you.
Just think you could rub in my face.."you were wrong Alex"

Alex

Please see a health professional as should the young man you saw.
Such behaviour really is not normal and being a believer should not and does not mean you are normal here...use the standards of a theist or atheist both sides will be concerned for you.

Your desire to act in the situation you mention points to obsessional thinking that threatens to take you over if you were thinking of openning up your own platform.
Stop and think about it...what benefit would be derived by the young man other than to quell his obsessional thinking..that was the appeal for you.
No one need hear some tradgic fool on a soap box...if you are so overflowing with joy that you felt a need to tell others I can tell you that is not right.

Think about it this way God wont be a friend or enemy ...if he exists he would be way about such petty nonsence...you are not on a mission to do Gods work I expect but the probability of something causing pressure on your brain needs to be investigated.
Please I am worried for you go and see about it...if you are ok you can come here and take up you battle for God.
But I hope I am wrong.
I often joke that I am never wrong but strangley I never seem to be wrong.
A mate has been losing weight and I thought he was somehow different and at my insistence he went for a check up...well what I feared was liver cancer...I just felt it..you know when you just get a feeling and its right...that happens to me all the time...
Well guess what he has liver cancer.
I would love for you to see someone and come back here to tell me that I am wrong and your behaviour is normal and that you dont have a brain tumour and smoking is not killing you.
Just think you could rub in my face.."you were wrong Alex"

Alex
If God ever tells me to hurt others, I will see a professional. I promise. :)

X, you seem a bit aggressive for a guy who's been told he is loved by God. I mean, had I told you that Hell awaits you, I could understand a bit of resistance.

Bowser I am not agressive but I am concered for you.

As to the God loves you thing...whatever...God does not exist for me...you cant understand that I know...but I love people and animals and sincerely believe I am kinder than all others I meet.
So I get the love concept.
Alex

Bowser I am not agressive but I am concered for you.

As to the God loves you thing...whatever...God does not exist for me...you cant understand that I know...but I love people and animals and sincerely believe I am kinder than all others I meet.
So I get the love concept.
Alex
X, I knew a guy who heard voices. He would burst out laughing for no apparent reason. When I asked him about it, he told me his voices would tell him jokes during the day. He was one of most cheerful people I've known. I could find no harm.

X, I knew a guy who heard voices. He would burst out laughing for no apparent reason. When I asked him about it, he told me his voices would tell him jokes during the day. He was one of most cheerful people I've known. I could find no harm.
Many folk invent something to keep them sane the irony is that such invention leads to their insanity.
Your guy seems to me like he is just seeking attention which can be a powerful motivator.
Alex

Thanx for your concern.
You are welcome.
I get a feeling you have relatively recently become a father which if so could be causing you to feel pressured and so you find it more difficult to cope.
A yways my other message is to remain positive if you should find I have indeed been correct.
Dieing is nothing to be frightened about it is normal and some leave earlier than others but all do leave at some point.
So cheer up everyone dies it is nothing to worry about.
Alex

That pile of bricks I mentioned.
The stars in the night sky.
The touch of a lover's hand.
The taste of a bowl of oatmeal.
The moment you awoke this morning.

Are those miraculous enough to satisfy your doubtful mind, or do we need to bring a plague of frogs and flies?

That pile of bricks I mentioned = a shit house untidy construction worker

The stars in the night sky = physics of gas condensing down to a stage where it it causes nuclear fusion

The touch of a lover's hand = electrical impulses being received from the hand region and interpreted by the brain as touch

The taste of a bowl of oatmeal = chemical reactions being received from the tongue region as a particular taste

The moment you awoke this morning = need to empty bladder and didn't want to piss the bed

What else you have?

Are those miraculous enough to satisfy your doubtful mind

No see above for alternative explanations

or do we need to bring a plague of frogs and flies?

If you get god to stand in front of the pile of bricks - turn them into a plague of frogs and flies

Yep I'll give that a ✓ as evidence of god (or good magic from David Copperfield)

I'm ever the skeptic

:)

Jumping off a tall building would have a certain outcome, but then you are ending life, not living it.
But if you enjoy it before you die, isn't it worth it? It's the argument smokers use, just on a different timescale.
As for the other two, if happiness revolved around a job and healthy habits, we'd all be in agreement.
We weren't talking about happiness - we were talking about levels of certainty.

Is that the proof you need?

Well the first five you gave were disappointingly dud

Have you got something else? another 5 perhaps? or would you like me to suggest something else?

Before either of us put forward other suggestions of proof required can you perhaps answer this question?

Do theist and atheist have different dictionaries which give different definitions of the word "evidence"?

Answer which ever segment you wish

Your choice

:)

That pile of bricks I mentioned.
The stars in the night sky.
The touch of a lover's hand.
The taste of a bowl of oatmeal.
The moment you awoke this morning.

Are those miraculous enough to satisfy your doubtful mind . . . .
Those aren't miracles. Miracles are wonderful events that aren't explicable by any natural law; all those things are very explicable.

Nor are they universally good things. Those stars in the night sky? They periodically explode and kill everything within hundreds of light-years. That touch of your lover's hand? Great for you; not so good for her husband. The taste of oatmeal? Again great for you - not so much for the 18 month old who dies that day for lack of that bowl of oatmeal. Feeling good waking up this morning? Not so much of a good thing for a mother who finds her teen son dead in his bed from an overdose.

And if all those good things are "proof of God" - then all those bad things are proof of no God (or of a cruel, merciless God.)

What does "recycled" mean, in this context?
The spirit is reborn into another body, which is I guess the what defines "reincarnation" as a specific concept. Just, in my view, it's a more gradual process than what, say, Hindus believe it to be.

///
You tried to demand an answer to a question & I gave you a good answer.

<>

"Well, it would be nice if your supposed god could get up the courage to come out from behind its mother's skirt & face me. What the heck is it afraid of???"

That's trolling.

Despite my giving you a good answer, the valid point remains that when you make a claim it is your responsibility to support it. It is not others' obligation to prove you wrong.

Stop insulting people's intelligence. You know that's not a good response. So try again.

Here's Bowser's question again.

"What evidence do you need? What would you require?"

Jan.

And you look at the sky and appreciate its beauty?

Last night while waiting for my train a young fellow was standing on the steps of the square, ranting about Hell and Jesus. My temptation was to take a stand at the opposite side of the square and start ranting about Life and Heaven. It really is a matter of perspective, either God is your friend or your enemy.
///
Either you are your friend or your enemy.

<>

I am not a health professional it is best you present your symptoms there.

If you go from very happy to very sad that is a worry as it may be bi polar but again see a health professional.
Micheal here probably wont tell you because he does not see it as his business but you could ask him about hearing things and seeing God everywhere.

There may be nothing wrong but you seem far too preoccupied with God being everywhere to sound mentally healthy...If you can tell the health professional what you tell us then ask what he thinks is the matter with you.

Sometimes mental conditions can be the result of something growing and putting pressure on part of the brain that causes strange thinking...and with the greatest of respect looking at a pile of bricks and thinling its God does not sound promising.

You may need a life saving opperation to remove some growth on your brain.

You seem to have become somewhat obsessional about spiritual things of late. Well I see warning signs and maybe God has choosen me to point it out...if that helps..

But please look into it.

You smoke and the type of thing that I am thinking about is the sort of thing smokers get...it has to do with restricted blood circulation brought on by the effects of nicotine addiction and poor breathing habits.

Good luck but please do something before its to late.

Alex
///
Sometimes it is just the inadequate brain attempting to cope with reality.

<>

If anything it gives the word more meaning. Life is an explosion of miracles. Being here is incredibly amazing. What are you while deep asleep? What are you upon awakening.
///
No. It gives it no meaning.
If everything is a miracle, the word miracle does not mean anything.
Disregarding that for the moment, if the things you mention are miracles then god must be a huge miracle & must have been created.
What created god?

<>

///
You do not seem too aggressive, considering you are a fantasy fanatic.
Resistance? We should just accept your word for this nonsense? Why should we believe you?

<>

Back