Canned Hunting

... Nor will a bear or a wolf pose for photos with their kills, and then have it packed up and shipped to a taxidermist to have it stuffed so they can mount its head on a wall, or have it standing in their trophy room.

Is that the torture part?

Why is this different?

On Tuesday, August 28, Travis Wilson was sentenced for felony burglary in the theft of "Dexter", a 35-pound Basset Hound that subsequently was mutilated and burned before being tossed on his owner's driveway. Dexter had astonishingly survived an earlier beating on February 12, though he was paralyzed as a result. The second beating which happened weeks later, involving the cutting off of all four of Dexter's legs, proved fatal

http://dogsinthenews.com/issues/0108/articles/010831b.htm

:bugeye:

Ermm Orleander, the whole point of the hunt and the hunt itself is torture.

How is hunting defined as torture? As I see it, those who do hunt as described in the OP is not even hunting. Now an actual hunter, at least those that I know, kill the prey and leave it at that. They do not wound it on purpose, then watch it bleed :shrug:

How is hunting defined as torture? As I see it, those who do hunt as described in the OP is not even hunting. Now an actual hunter, at least those that I know, kill the prey and leave it at that. They do not wound it on purpose, then watch it bleed :shrug:

I meant it in regards to the OP and canned hunting and other practices where the animal is maimed in one form or another, to allow the "hunter" an easier kill for their own pleasure.

Hunting is not all that difficult anyway. The more animals the more to get hit by cars too and since almost everyone here DRIVES?????

Lemme see, they use gas to knock it out, those actual hunters?

All they want is to see the animal dead?

I meant it in regards to the OP and canned hunting and other practices where the animal is maimed in one form or another, to allow the "hunter" an easier kill for their own pleasure.

Sorry about the misunderstanding, yes I totally agree with you. Although I do not have any evidence to support it, I believe a lot of the so called "hunters" that do this type of thing are big city hunters who can not hack the real thing. If you are going to hunt, at least have the decency to hunt on the animals home turf with the advantage going to the prey.

I don't know a single hunter who does any of this canned "hunting " stuff, and someone who did would be despised in my area.

What these game farm guys are doing is taking the hunting out, and putting more killing in. They have the same view of hunting as SAM or Bells here - it's sadistic killing - only they enjoy it rather than being revolted by it.

Either that or they live in some fantasy world in which they actually are hunting - because humans are born hunters, after all: it's something that almost all human beings enjoy doing. It's easy to underestimate the effect of insulation and ignorance, and realize what city folk or rich people just don't know about animals and hunting.

The question trophy hunters should ask themselves is "why do I enjoy killing animals?".

Personally I would never willing harm an animal, but I do enjoy shooting people in video games. Perhaps hunters have never heard of Xbox 360??

Many people in society have an urge to kill things. These hunting clubs are a great outlet for such people. Personally I think it is sick to not give people outlets for their psychological needs.
I agree, kiddie brothels are a great psychological outlet for pedophiles as well, it would be sick not to allow them to express themselves.
I mean what kind of society are we living in where we cant let people do what ever they want no matter what the consequences, cuh.

:bugeye:

Ermm Orleander, the whole point of the hunt and the hunt itself is torture.

so you are saying my brother and son tortured this animal? :bugeye:
rack.jpg
[/IMG]

Christ how you do dickheads do it, such wonderful majestic creatures, killed so you and little jimmy can have a shite story to tell when youre bored and there's nothing on tv.

What an utterally sad, pointless, reason to kill. What a disgrace.

Christ how you do dickheads do it, such wonderful majestic creatures, killed so you and little jimmy can have a shite story to tell when youre bored and there's nothing on tv.

What an utterally sad, pointless, reason to kill. What a disgrace.

Yes :(

Back