Canned Hunting

Yes, its unsportsmanlike, but I don't see it as inhumane. I think any animal shot in a canned hunt shouldn't be allowed in the record books either. Maybe that would slow it down.

Yes, its unsportsmanlike, but I don't see it as inhumane. I think any animal shot in a canned hunt shouldn't be allowed in the record books either. Maybe that would slow it down.

:confused:
Unsportsmanlike ?? wtf !? is that all ?

Why do people keep comparing animals to humans??
Its like when people talk about gay marriage, they always bring up marrying animals. What's up with that?

Oh and I call. Godwin's Law on Enmos!!!

As bad as this sounds, it's still not as sick as internet hunting.

Internet hunting, also called remote controlled hunting, utilizes Internet technology to allow a computer user to aim and fire a weapon that is mounted on a mechanized tripod at a remote location, usually a game ranch where exotic animals are kept penned and shot at close range. The customer signs up through a web site, and pays a user fee and a deposit for the animal that he or she wishes to kill. The animal is lured to a feeding station within range of the mounted rifle. When the animal approaches, the desktop hunter uses the computer mouse to line up the cross hairs and fire the rifle. Guides at the game ranch will finish the job if the shot misses. Trophy mounts are prepared at the ranch and shipped to the customer.

from the Humane Society Web site

Thankfully a number of states have banned the practice already.

What do you mean ? I eat animals, still I know I am an animal :shrug:

Argh. Do you treat that animal you are eating as if you are eating a person.

Hunters know they are animals. I know I am an animal. I have not a single qualm about eating animals because they are not human.

Not to the people who eat them (the animals, not the humans)

I would use an organ from a person who died too. And people stuck in impossible situations have also eaten other people.

That does not mean I should shoot them if I feel an itch in my liver.

Hunting for sport is wrong.

Argh. Do you treat that animal you are eating as if you are eating a person.

Hunters know they are animals. I know I am an animal. I have not a single qualm about eating animals because they are not human.

You are an animal, you just said it yourself. Now thats why I compare humans with animals (your earlier question).
Eating animals in itself isn't wrong, it killing or hurting them for the pure pleasure of it.

Hunting for sport when you do not need to, ie there is lots of meat already available, is wrong.

If you live in the backwoods, its alright.

But if you usually eat dead meat, and only hunt for pleasure, it is wrong.

People who hunt animals for sport usually have the desire to kill; its how you identify pathologies in children.

We have hunters up here who hunt for sport all the time. They don't need it. They donate it to Homeless shelters. It gets used. Its not wasted.
They enjoy it, and don't need it.

We have hunters up here who hunt for sport all the time. They don't need it. They donate it to Homeless shelters. It gets used. Its not wasted.
They enjoy it, and don't need it.

Why don't they just buy food for the homeless ?

Because they enjoy hunting. win/win for everyone.

No need to protest feedlots, chicken factories, slaughter houses.

Back