"Book of Mormon" plagiarism?

It's like Jesus, who pointed the way to eternal life, and people just looked at and analyzed his finger rather than look toward the place he was pointing to. WBY will see this someday and renounce his hypocrisy, but until then, arguing with him is just fruitless, an exercise somewhat like arguing physics with a retarded baby (no insult intended, just an analogy).

Nisus said:
You're still stuck on your interpretation of that passage of scripture...
mine? you mean Jesus', mine would be that you are a 'goat' (or a wolf in sheeps clothing?)
well wrest with it to your own destruction.
I'll "rest" assured in Jesus
It's still flying way over your head, the whole idea.
nah, I see your point & it's about a sharp as a wad of tobacco, the only way it would fly over my head is, if someone loaded it in a catapult or cannon & let lose

WildBlueYonder said:
I'll "rest" assured in Jesus

Translation: After I finish trashing Jesus' doctrine and His true church, I will go to Him and say, "Lord, Lord"--with predictable results....

Marlin said:
Translation: After I finish trashing Jesus' doctrine and His true church, I will go to Him and say, "Lord, Lord"--with predictable results....
Marlin, don't do that, why would you trash Jesus' doctrine & church? you are truely lost, poor boy. leave the LDS, it is corrupting you, come to the True Church

Nisus said:
Draw near with your lips while your heart is far from Him.
& you with your Judas' lips & heart
http://www.awitness.org/biblehtm/mt/mt26.htm
26:47 While he was still speaking, behold, Judas, one of the twelve, came, and with him a great multitude with swords and clubs, from the chief priest and elders of the people.

26:48 Now he who betrayed him gave them a sign, saying, "Whoever I kiss, he is the one. Seize him."

26:49 Immediately he came to Jesus, and said, "Hail, Rabbi!" and kissed him.

26:50 Jesus said to him, "Friend, why are you here?" Then they came and laid hands on Jesus, and took him.

listen to Jesus, Nisus, before its too late:
http://www.awitness.org/biblehtm/mt/mt13.htm
13:9 He who has ears to hear, let him hear."

13:10 The disciples came, and said to him, "Why do you speak to them in parables?"

13:11 He answered them, "To you it is given to know the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven, but it is not given to them.

13:12 For whoever has, to him will be given, and he will have abundance, but whoever doesn't have, from him will be taken away even that which he has.

13:13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they don't see, and hearing, they don't hear, neither do they understand.

13:14 In them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says, 'By hearing you will hear, And will in no way understand; Seeing you will see, And will in no way perceive:

WildBlueYonder said:
13:14 In them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says, 'By hearing you will hear, And will in no way understand; Seeing you will see, And will in no way perceive:

Sounds exactly like you, mon cherie Randolfo!

Behold ye are worse than they; for as the Lord liveth, if a prophet come among you and declareth unto you the word of the Lord, which testifieth of your sins and iniquities, ye are angry with him, and cast him out and seek all manner of ways to destroy him; yea, you will say that he is a false prophet, and that he is a sinner, and of the devil.

But behold, if a man shall come among you and shall say: Do this, and there is no iniquity; do that and ye shall not suffer; yea, he will say: Walk after the pride of your own hearts; yea, walk after the pride of your eyes, and do whatsoever your heart desireth—and if a man shall come among you and say this, ye will receive him, and say that he is a prophet.

Yea, ye will lift him up, and ye will give unto him of your substance; ye will give unto him of your gold, and of your silver, and ye will clothe him with costly apparel; and because he speaketh flattering words unto you, and he saith that all is well, then ye will not find fault with him.

Nisus said:
Behold ye are worse than they; for as the Lord liveth, if a prophet come among you and declareth unto you the word of the Lord, which testifieth of your sins and iniquities, ye are angry with him, and cast him out and seek all manner of ways to destroy him; yea, you will say that he is a false prophet, and that he is a sinner, and of the devil.
yes, Nisus, stop being angry with me, for pointing out your iniquities

Marlin said:
Good gravy, now WBY is calling himself a prophet of God. :rolleyes:

Haha he affirmed with a passage of scripture from the BoM

And it speaketh harshly against sin, according to the plainness of the truth; wherefore, no man will be angry at the words which I have written save he shall be of the spirit of the devil.

I am left to mourn because of the unbelief, and the wickedness, and the ignorance, and the stiffneckedness of men; for they will not search knowledge, nor understand great knowledge, when it is given unto them in plainness, even as plain as word can be.

mormons are from christian roots. christians are from jewish roots. that being said, both religions should respect the words of the old testament above all others, right?
here is what the old testament says about worshipping ANYTHING except for G-d itself:
Deuteronomy 13............
1 If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a miraculous sign or wonder, 2 and if the sign or wonder of which he has spoken takes place, and he says, "Let us follow other gods" (gods you have not known) "and let us worship them," 3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The LORD your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. 5 That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery; he has tried to turn you from the way the LORD your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.
6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. 9 You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your God

so all christians are heretics by very nature of their religion. that means you too, mormons!!
nuff said.

Marlin said:
Good gravy, now WBY is calling himself a prophet of God. :-rolleyes-:
no, not quite, just pointing out your iniquities with your own words, but....

hmmm? a mormon prophet, me?
why thanks for appointing me! yes I am the new mormon prophet, follow me.
WildBlue, the apostle to the mormons, ahhh, my little flock, I will shepherd you in truth

that was easy, thanks. I won't take this responsibility lightly, remember, it I use the “rod” of harsh words, it’s for your own good

do I get a robe or something? secret handshake? holy underwear?

WildBlueYonder said:

How about an "I'm With Stupid" t-shirt for your wife?

Just kidding of course, WBY, you know I love you.

The Devil Inside said:
mormons are from christian roots. christians are from jewish roots. that being said, both religions should respect the words of the old testament above all others, right?
here is what the old testament says about worshipping ANYTHING except for G-d itself:
Deuteronomy 13............
1 If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a miraculous sign or wonder, 2 and if the sign or wonder of which he has spoken takes place, and he says, "Let us follow other gods" (gods you have not known) "and let us worship them," 3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The LORD your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. 5 That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery; he has tried to turn you from the way the LORD your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.
6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. 9 You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your God

so all christians are heretics by very nature of their religion. that means you too, mormons!!
nuff said.

Mormons and non-LDS Christians *do* worship the God of Israel, thus we are *not* heretics by the Old Testament's standards.

WildBlueYonder said:
no, not quite, just pointing out your iniquities with your own words, but....

hmmm? a mormon prophet, me?
why thanks for appointing me! yes I am the new mormon prophet, follow me.
WildBlue, the apostle to the mormons, ahhh, my little flock, I will shepherd you in truth

that was easy, thanks. I won't take this responsibility lightly, remember, it I use the “rod” of harsh words, it’s for your own good

Good thing the Lord judges us according to our works, but by your standards WBY we'd all be condemned to Hell!

U don't just condemn one person, you condemn 11 million + people, that's quite pompous of you. Whatever your perception of our religious beliefs, I don't thing it merits your persecutions and condemnations. Or that you need to waste so much of your time and energy mocking and pointing your finger...

...saw other multitudes feeling their way towards that great and spacious building.

And great was the multitude that did enter into that strange building. And after they did enter into that building they did point the finger of scorn at me and those that were partaking of the fruit also; but we heeded them not.

Marlin said:
How about an "I'm With Stupid" t-shirt for your wife?

Just kidding of course, WBY, you know I love you.
I know, hey? funny, I thought you were my wife, "Honey! are you in the other room typing? "

Nisus said:
U don't just condemn one person, you condemn 11 million + people, that's quite pompous of you.
actually, let me answer in 2 ways;
1) I've just been appointed mormon prophet, so yes, I think I've earned the right to be pompous &
2) did not earlier Mormon prophets, condemn all non-LDS to same?
Whatever your perception of our religious beliefs, I don't thing it merits your persecutions and condemnations.
hmmm? didn't the LDS start out doing the same? aren't those current LDS beliefs, that only LDS are right, all others wrong? or is the current 'charm offensive' all smiles, we're all Christians, hug each other, now making all mormons less-contentious? minus you & Marlin of course
Or that you need to waste so much of your time and energy mocking and pointing your finger...
I love all the time I send with you guys, why would it be a waste of time? because we don't agree? what? you want me to quit? stop writing, stop posting? you first!

Back