"Book of Mormon" plagiarism?

Marlin said:
Soul, deluded, perceived, intellect. Learn some spelling skills, man!

I use both my intellect and my feelings in determining what is true and what isn't. I find Mormonism to be the most logical, intellectually satisfying religion I've ever come across. If you stop reading the anti-Mormon websites and materials and listen to what the Mormons actually believe, you will find such a logical structure to it as to eliminate all false doctrines to the contrary.
Picking on spelling isn't a valid arguement, and no you don't use your intelect, you use your feelings. I don't make a habit of going to anti-Mormon sites, and I know full well what your doctrine is probably even better than you do. You are speculating, using your feelings to judge both me and what doctrine you consider true. I have studied many religions and I see right through yours.

Nisus said:
Call it a cult, call it religion, call it fact, call it fiction. It's great some people have such deep-seated convictions concerning the LDS church, however none of them affect the organization in any least possible way. And it will continue to prosper and be the largest and fastest growing church through converts.

We expect persecution, go on heap it upon us. As long as you are sure of what you say, you shouldn't have any reason to relent, right? Fight it, gather yourselves, mock, spit and scoff at it.

But be weary of the Judgements of God in your actions and persecutions--

"lest he shall come out in justice against you—lest a remnant of the seed of Jacob shall go forth among you as a lion, and tear you in pieces, and there is none to deliver." (Mormon 5:24)
You aren't being persecuted. You are being told that you are wrong and that you like any other religion are a cult. Instead of wielding threats from the BOM over your hurt feelings just deal with the fact that your religion was proven wrong and move on.

The Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.

--Joseph Smith

And I exhort you to remember these things; for the time speedily cometh that ye shall know that I lie not, for ye shall see me at the bar of God; and the Lord God will say unto you: Did I not declare my words unto you, which were written by this man, like as one crying from the dead, yea, even as one speaking out of the dust?

I declare these things unto the fulfilling of the prophecies. And behold, they shall proceed forth out of the mouth of the everlasting God; and his word shall hiss forth from generation to generation.

-- Moroni
10:26-28

Last edited:
and his word shall hiss forth from generation to generation...

We're just getting started here Tril, is it hard to kick against the pricks?

You have whats called a persecution complex. There are currently no such armies, no such mobs, no such persecution. There is only name calling and missrepresentations the same as you do to me. Am I persecuted?

You're missing the whole point. You don't affect the movement in the slightest degree. You can't interrupt what God has commissioned.

And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Dan 2:44

What makes this really tragic is that none of you have really grasped the true significance of this link:

Texas Law Enforcement has Mormon group Under surveilance

Its called WACO II.

Once again the government is going to gas and incinerate women and children,
in order to 'save' them from diluting the voting power of local Texans,
and possible multiple orgasms, which would make the women crazy,
and might cause local women to rebel and sample a taste of polygamy pie.

Trilairian said:
Picking on spelling isn't a valid arguement, and no you don't use your intelect, you use your feelings. I don't make a habit of going to anti-Mormon sites, and I know full well what your doctrine is probably even better than you do. You are speculating, using your feelings to judge both me and what doctrine you consider true. I have studied many religions and I see right through yours.

No you don't.

Trilairian is your typical anti-Mormon type. Comes complete with the "I know what you believe better than you do" diatribe that is absolutely stereotypical of those who are critical of Mormonism. Also comes with the "Don't trust your feelings, they will lead you astray" argument, along with the arrogant presumption that "You don't use your intellect," as if he knew all about me and what I believe.

You can't find a more stereotypical anti-Mormon than this guy. A textbook case.

Marlin said:
Trilairian is your typical anti-Mormon type. Comes complete with the "I know what you believe better than you do" diatribe that is absolutely stereotypical of those who are critical of Mormonism. Also comes with the "Don't trust your feelings, they will lead you astray" argument, along with the arrogant presumption that "You don't use your intellect," as if he knew all about me and what I believe.

You can't find a more stereotypical anti-Mormon than this guy. A textbook case.
Its not anti-Mormon, its anti Mormonism/anti religion, not anti people, so stop falsly accusing me.

Trilairian said:
Its not anti-Mormon, its anti Mormonism/anti religion, not anti people, so stop falsly accusing me.

So you don't like being portrayed falsely? Imagine that... :rolleyes:

Nisus said:
You're missing the whole point. You don't affect the movement in the slightest degree. You can't interrupt what God has commissioned.

And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Dan 2:44
No your missing the point. Your religion was not commissioned by God and whether or not I can effect its movement has no bearing on the fact that your religion is false.

Trilairian said:
No your missing the point. Your religion was not commissioned by God and whether or not I can effect its movement has no bearing on the fact that your religion is false.

And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tril, you indoctrinate yourself with lies, and tangle yourself in deceit. Then glutton yourself upon the words campaigned to destroy peoples faith in Christ, and to lie and also deceive.

Your posting is False and Vain.

Coming from an Anti-Christ-- I would expect for you to resist anything good. But at least anyone who knows how stubborn and illogical you are, will also acknowledge that your track record for knowing what you're talking about, is always lacking.

Hence if you can't hold up any kind of feasible debate about Christ on the lame threads you make up;

Why would you ever be able to reason under an actual religious context? In the light of an actual religion? You hate truth, you love lies.

Trilairian said:
And since when have I portrayed you falsely?

You say I don't use my intellect to discern truth from fiction, when in fact I do. You don't know me, nor do you understand Mormon doctrine. It is insulting for you to falsely accuse me of not using my reasoning abilities just because I disagree with you.

Marlin said:
You say I don't use my intellect to discern truth from fiction, when in fact I do. You don't know me, nor do you understand Mormon doctrine. It is insulting for you to falsely accuse me of not using my reasoning abilities just because I disagree with you.

It's in his veins to fight and persecute Christ =p. What else is he supposed to do when he can't find anything you can observe for yourself and plainly discern the discrepancy?

He'll just try to find flaw in your ability to think, when anyone who has read his responses on other threads will already know, the dudes full of it. And he stands as a monument of his own shame.

ConsequentAtheist said:
You two seem well matched.

In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

(2 Cor. 13: 1 )

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

(Matt. 18: 20 )

Let's just say we feel an obligation =p

Nisus said:
It's in his veins to fight and persecute Christ =p. What else is he supposed to do when he can't find anything you can observe for yourself and plainly discern the discrepancy?

He'll just try to find flaw in your ability to think, when anyone who has read his responses on other threads will already know, the dudes full of it. And he stands as a monument of his own shame.

I've found that all he is capable of doing when disagreeing with me is engaging in a simple "Yes you are!" "No I'm not!" debate. I find it amusing when he continues to do that ad nauseum, as if it were the only coherent response he can think of.

Nisus said:
In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established. (2 Cor. 13: 1 )
I find it odd that you would quote the reference rather than the source. Is that bigotry, sloppiness, or ignorance?

Back