Atheists

samcdkey said:
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
Of course. But when you lack evidence and a solid logical arguement that is when disbelief comes into the qestion.
Lack of evidence + Lack of reason(logic) = lack of belief

samcdkey said:
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

Absence of evidence over many millenia + increasing presence of contradictive evidence = strong evidence of absence.

And the chemical of love is hormone oxytocin. All we are biochemical machines...all our emotions...especially love...are chemical reactions.

spiritual_spy said:
Reason = Logic not Reason = meaning
I exist for no apperant reason nor do any of us exist for a reason. But that dosent mean we cant give ourselves purpose. As for chance, the chance that formed us is still subject to the laws of the universe.
Explain it then?

What is it?

And if so, what is it that created that law? And what is it that created that which created the law?

Understand now? The post in itself constitutes a paradox. Even infinite causality cannot explain itself. In the end there is an intelligent cause for everything, otherwise again there would be escewity.

Yet another nature. The laws that exist explain to you on their own that chance cannot exist, because the laws themselves offer no chance but an absolute cause.

Humans are biochemical machines...all the emotions and feelings are a set of chemical reactions induced by the outside world that is also chemical reactions. Feeling of devine is just another set of chemical reactions that proved in evolution of apes as a good way to survive...those who have chemical reactions that induce the feeling of devine that supposevly there is...helps these apes to survive...thus the genes pass on. Apes needed purpose of life and they created that purpose for themselves, in the end those who created the purpose, survived, and evolution went further, and the world created yet more illusions.

Who knows how the laws formed? There are theroys but im not fimilair with the subject. Plus if everything has an intelligent cuase that what was the cuase of the intelliegent cuase? Basily if you say everything had an intelligent cuase you have an infinte amount of intelligent cuases.

And that's where you and I my friend, are left at a paradox.

Who knows how the laws eventuated? And who knows how the intelligence eventuated?

Thus you are I are lefted at one thing, we don't know.

We are left inconclusive. Neither you or I can say anything at this point. I have no explanation, you have no explanation.

Ironic... isn't it. :D

This brought us no where. I love these descussions, don't you Dragon lol?

I just think it's funny how both of ours just end here.

Bah! You can run, but you can't hide, the paradox will find you and hunt you down! :D

Ahem, as for samcdkey's quote..

samcdkey said:
If you follow the thread from page 20 you'll realise that discussion is an alien concept; be prepared to put on your gloves and step into the ring; otherwise just ignore the flamers.

esp Q ( for someone who's preaching atheism as an alternative he comes off sounding worse than the fundamentalists; completely intolerant and he only reads or believes whatever supports his pre-conceived notions. So ignore him if you really want to debate. Of course this is just a friendly warning and if you want to troll well in that case he's the best for playing "bait the moron and watch him bust a vein")
So, your saying I should avoid this person?

noone should be ignored, as everyone thoughts must be heard in order for us to arrive to the true conclusion that is formed by logical statements that must have proof.

Your explaining things thru a feeling. I didn't believen God on the premise of feeling devine, I put some logic into it, and experience that seemed "out of the ordinary or otherworldly". Also your using a theory that once again explains no cause.

The reason for organisms wanting to survive? You have missed that explanation. Explaining things by using our biological nature does not disprove the possibility of such a being. It merely explains us as disillusioned monkeys that don't use reason when trying to prove they have a purpose. I based my belief in God by logic, and experiences that happend to me that seemed unatural.

And wait.... didn't you say you believed in infinite reincarnation Morbid Dragon?

Regulus said:
Your explaining things thru a feeling. I didn't believen God on the premise of feeling devine, I put some logic into it, and experience that seemed "out of the ordinary or otherworldly". Also your using a theory that once again explains no cause.

The reason for organisms wanting to survive? You have missed that explanation. Explaining things by using our biological nature does not disprove the possibility of such a being. It merely explains us as disillusioned monkeys that don't use reason when trying to prove they have a purpose. I based my belief in God by logic, and experiences that happend to me that seemed unatural.

And wait.... didn't you say you believed in infinite reincarnation Morbid Dragon?

I did say that I believe in infinite reincarnation because thats what I want to believe in...because without belief I would have commited suicide long ago...false beliefs are as good as the truth that is never to be known. Believe in your GOD if that is what you want to believe in and I shall believe in reincarnation because that is what I want to believe in...for these beliefs give as hopes that there is purpose for us in this world and that someone cares for us.

If i say that the laws of physics always existed i would be lying becuase i know the laws break down at the singulairty. And if i say there template existed before the big bang i would also have to say that God is possible aswell :bugeye:

rather dont say anything, seal your lips together tightly and stare at the universe as it unravels its mysteries even more, with more questions left unanswered.

draqon said:
rather dont say anything, close your lips and stare at the universe as it unravels its mysteries even more, with more questions left unanswered.
you sound like you think the universe is alive :eek:

Back