Atheists

Though this is a thread of athiesm.....

any chance a believer like me would fit in such descussion. Or is it all athiests basically contemplating how God could never exist?

Debate? Or conversation?

Regulus said:

any chance a believer like me would fit in such descussion. Or is it all athiests basically contemplating how God could never exist?

Debate? Or conversation?
Both.

mm,

I see.

Well, I suppose then I should be leaving this topic. Sorry for the spam.

This should be all thiests basically contemplating how athiests could never exist.
"As a man thinketh in his heart...so is he"

Regulus said:

Debate? Or conversation?

All the athiests I have known in my life are too lazy to think. The say things like "there is not proof God exists, therefore he doesn't exist." Classic illogic. I feel just as bad for those on the opposite spectrum, who argue the same way or think the Bible is indisputable evidence God exists.

If an athiest can show me evidence supporting their position, I'll show a bit more respect for the position HE or SHE holds, but I will not change the little respect I hold for other athiests that are just lazy.

Hm, I must say I do agree on this Absane.

As it is illogical to simply infer something can never exist on the premise of no proof. After all, what is proof but something agreed upon.

I am on the exact same page as you Absane.

Indeed, and as Mythbuster so planly put it, because it is infinite it cannot exist, that is a statement of illogic.

As I said before in my topic about defining God as infinite it limits it. You can't "define" God. Thus God isn't merely "infinite", as paradoxal as that sounds, it's true. God is everything, and everywhere, and whatever everywhere and everything is, is inexoribly beyond us, everything is commonly today so simply explained as infinite. We don't know what EVERYTHING is, becuz we are using logic based off of a 3 dimensional universe. God's not infinite, otherwise your defining it and limiting it.

God's existance is something that can't logically be explained, but that doesn't rule out it's existance in rebuttle to Mythbusters post. And the logic on it's existance is the very exact and apsolute nature around us, an intelligent complex, the mechanism complex that our very Universe holds.

And as for those who study the bible, the bible is history. And I say to you what is history but a fable agreed upon. You don't know that all of history exists, or your biblical eventualities. For all we know the American Revolution is a conspiracy and Democracy was an experiment implicated by England.

There's no proof or evidence of biblical eventualities, I believen a God, but don't believen a giant being slayed by a man named David with a single rock.

Well then I can say the world is inside an apple and we are all inside this large apple. And as noone can really disprove this statement then it is true, the whole world is really in an apple.

Very funny Dragon :rolleyes:

Yep, in history it explains we live in an apple. :D

And I am merely an AI talking to you right now Dragon. I am an AI programmed to converse on a philosophical forum.

"God's existance is something that can't logically be explained"

Here is how i veiw it. If there is no evidence pointing toward the existance of God and it is illogical to believe in a god than we shouldnt believe. Im not saying that He dosent exist but what im saying it is extremley unlikely that he does exist.
Or to simplify it: Lack of proof + Lack of reason = Lack of belief.

The same goes for your existance without a reason.

Lack of proof, lack of reason?

There is no reasoning in everything eventuating out of mere chance, or proof that this being doesn't exist.

As I see it chance is non existant, where do you see chance? Will physics all of a sudden not exist? Will gravity decimate? Will the sun burn out for no reason?

The same goes for your belief in existence of GOD without a reason.

There is no reasoning in everything eventuating of mere chance, or proof that this GOD does exist

Regulus said:

Debate? Or conversation?

If you follow the thread from page 20 you'll realise that discussion is an alien concept; be prepared to put on your gloves and step into the ring; otherwise just ignore the flamers.

esp Q ( for someone who's preaching atheism as an alternative he comes off sounding worse than the fundamentalists; completely intolerant and he only reads or believes whatever supports his pre-conceived notions. So ignore him if you really want to debate. Of course this is just a friendly warning and if you want to troll well in that case he's the best for playing "bait the moron and watch him bust a vein")

noone should be ignored, everyone thoughts must be heard in order for us to arrive to the true conclusion that is formed by logical statements that have proof.

spiritual_spy said:

Here is how i veiw it. If there is no evidence pointing toward the existance of God and it is illogical to believe in a god than we shouldnt believe. Im not saying that He dosent exist but what im saying it is extremley unlikely that he does exist.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

Regulus said:
The same goes for your existance without a reason.

There is no reasoning in everything eventuating out of mere chance, or proof that this being doesn't exist.

As I see it chance is non existant, where do you see chance? Will physics all of a sudden not exist? Will gravity decimate? Will the sun burn out for no reason?

Reason = Logic not Reason = meaning
I exist for no apperant reason nor do any of us exist for a reason. But that dosent mean we cant give ourselves purpose. As for chance, the chance that formed us is still subject to the laws of the universe.

spiritual_spy said:

Premise: Love does not exist, its just chemicals.

What do you think?

Love is only biochemical reactions, nothing more. There are literally love chemicals that induce the feeling of love between two individuals.

Back