Atheists

Muslim said:
I'm am not a practicing Muslim. Although I will start practicing after I get married, at the moment am enjoying being young. Inshallah, by dad pay's me to go to masjid on Fridays my dads actually a molvi so like he will pay me £200 for reading jumma.

You don't have to be a practising Muslim to speak politely or to assert yopurself without resorting to invectives.

That only weakens your argument and you lose even before you begin.

If you truly want to stand up for your faith, choose the right weapons, the weapons of logic, argument and patience.

You will be surprised how much harder it is for the other person to keep hurling abuse all by himself.

AAF said:
:D

Do you really, 'Muslim', think having your Mohammed's body split from groin to chin
over and over and over triviality?
http://www.zombietime.com/mohammed_image_archive/dantes_inferno/

What is the point of this?

I already researched this and Dante was doing what he thought was right i.e. defending his faith, because he was afraid people were being seduced away from Christianity into Islam. he did it because he was a devout Christian.

What's your excuse?

AAF said:
:p

Get real, 'Muslim'!
You believe Dante's Inferno is a 'pure fantasy'.
But you have no trouble in believing in your
Mohammed's Hell, 'dumbass'!
http://www.zombietime.com/mohammed_image_archive/dantes_inferno/

:cool:

The following statistics show the number of adherents in all known approaches, both religious and irreligious worldwide. Christianity, Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism are the largest world religions today. Approximately 75% of humanity belongs to one of these 4 religions. Christianity is the religion with the largest number of professed religious adherents, followed by Islam. The third-largest group of approximately 1 billion people adhere to irreligious approaches which include Humanism, Atheism, Rationalism, and Agnosticism. Hinduism with 900 million adherents is the third largest religion followed by 19 smaller groups of religious adherents. These figures are necessarily approximate: note that the figures in the following table total nearly 7 billion people, yet the world population was only 6.1 billion (2005). [3].

Christianity 2.1 billion
Islam 1.3 billion
Secular/Irreligious/Agnostic/Atheist 1.1 billion
Hinduism 900 million
Chinese folk religion 394 million
Buddhism 376 million, not including Chinese folk Religion (see also Buddhism by country)
Primal indigenous ("Pagan") 300 million
African traditional and diasporic 100 million
Sikhism 23 million
Juche 19 million
Spiritism 15 million
Judaism 14 million
Bahá'í Faith 7 million
Jainism 4.2 million
Shinto 4 million (see below)
Cao Dai 4 million
Tenrikyo 2 million
Neo-Paganism 1 million
Unitarian Universalism 800,000
Rastafari movement 600,000
Scientology 500,000
Zoroastrianism 180,000 to 250,000

Everyone is wrong. You are right. That should make you happy. Goodbye.

samcdkey said:
The following statistics show the number of adherents in all known approaches, both religious and irreligious worldwide. Christianity, Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism are the largest world religions today. Approximately 75% of humanity belongs to one of these 4 religions. Christianity is the religion with the largest number of professed religious adherents, followed by Islam. The third-largest group of approximately 1 billion people adhere to irreligious approaches which include Humanism, Atheism, Rationalism, and Agnosticism. Hinduism with 900 million adherents is the third largest religion followed by 19 smaller groups of religious adherents. These figures are necessarily approximate: note that the figures in the following table total nearly 7 billion people, yet the world population was only 6.1 billion (2005). [3].

Christianity 2.1 billion
Islam 1.3 billion
Secular/Irreligious/Agnostic/Atheist 1.1 billion
Hinduism 900 million
Chinese folk religion 394 million
Buddhism 376 million, not including Chinese folk Religion (see also Buddhism by country)
Primal indigenous ("Pagan") 300 million
African traditional and diasporic 100 million
Sikhism 23 million
Juche 19 million
Spiritism 15 million
Judaism 14 million
Bahá'í Faith 7 million
Jainism 4.2 million
Shinto 4 million (see below)
Cao Dai 4 million
Tenrikyo 2 million
Neo-Paganism 1 million
Unitarian Universalism 800,000
Rastafari movement 600,000
Scientology 500,000
Zoroastrianism 180,000 to 250,000

Everyone is wrong. You are right. That should make you happy. Goodbye.
Damn i thought secular ideals were still in the minority?

spiritual_spy said:
Damn i thought secular ideals were still in the minority?

Nobody is arguing with your right to believe what you want.

Personal attacks are not informed discussion; millions of people are killed in the name of religion, race, color.

Why? because people cannot accept that everyone, including you, has a right to his/her belief and absolutely no right to mock someone elses.

samcdkey said:
Nobody is arguing with your right to believe what you want.

Personal attacks are not informed discussion; millions of people are killed in the name of religion, race, color.

Why? because people cannot accept that everyone, including you, has a right to his/her belief and absolutely no right to mock someone elses.
Eh? Were did that come from? I was just saying that i thought that secular ideas were still in the minority.

spiritual_spy said:
Eh? Were did that come from? I was just saying that i thought that secular ideas were still in the minority.

They are.

And I was telling you why....

samcdkey said:
We've already had this discussion ad nauseum over the weekend ( you can go over my posts if you like).

No, they were discussed in other threads long before you arrived. Again, you're merely re-hashing old arguments.

1. The Sunni fundamentalists or Wahabis who are involved in this war comprise less than 1.5% of the total Muslim Population

That is a stricking amount of people, don't you think? What exactly is the Islamic community doing about it? Evidently, nothing.

If my faith, with stress on the word faith, is attacked, I am required to defend it.

Herein lies the problem, why would it be necessary to include defensive actions in a religion? If Allah created all things, then he is admitting error by placing those defences within Islam as he is certain his creations will war with one another, regardless of threats of eternal damnation and hellfire.

But it is also not unreasonable to understand why it is present within the doctrine as it has been found that Mohammad was indeed a violent person who offered the sword or Islam to anyone he conquered. Clearly, Mohammad was sure such violent acts would occur based on his own reign of terror that he would include such defences.

If a group of people with militant intentions who happen to be of a certain religious persuasion use a this as an excuse for terrorist activities, it does not mean that they are following the religion, rather they are twisting the meaning to suit their ends.

How can they be twisting the meaning to suit their needs when violence is part of Islamic doctrines? They are simply following the teachings of Mohammad.

if you think this is exclusive to Islam, its not.

It may not have been only Islam in the past, but it is now.

However, holding 98% of the Muslim population responsible for the 2% that is extremist, well, it would be more useful to look into the origins of these terrorists Osama, Mujahideen, Al-Qaeda, Saddam, and do a search on the net to realise whose creation they are.

I don't hold Muslims responsible, I hold Islam responsible. Those others are creations of Mohammads teachings.

Statements like Islam promotes war and terrorism only prove to Muslims that the USA has no comprehension of their philosophy.

Islam may not promote terrorism, but it does promote violence and wars, and sugar coats it as 'defending the faith.'

Q, you still haven't proved anything. Can you prove for us all, and show us which verses of Islam promote "violence and wars"? why do you make statements and not bring any evidence to back your statements up?

Back