atheists, please explain yourselves..

are you an atheist?

• yes

Votes: 38 74.5%
  • no

Votes: 13 25.5%

• Total voters
Anyone curious as to the Quran can access it here, this is an English translation: http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/Surai.htm

A book which 1.7 billion human beings hold in reverence. There must be something in this book which inspires people. Read it for yourself.

Ad Populum, irrelevant. "If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - Bertrand Russell

Millions and millions of people eat at Mc Donald's restaurants every day, but this doesn't mean their food is any good.

People like things that flatter their self esteem, so the idea that all was created for our benefit really hooks them. And belief in an afterlife is also very appealing.

a book is about it's content..which you apparantly hven't confronted yet..

The contents are being discussed, you are making claims about the contents and those claims are being questioned, yet you refuse to answer the questions. You are either lying or simply have no answers to your claims, making those claims pointless and irrelevant.

sorry i meant no offence i just thought it was amusing..i mean it makes more sense to have doubts of god than not to believe him... i'll take a note of that..but like, what do you guys call yourselves??
Who says I was talking about myself?
I don't have to fit into some box, in order to spot that something is fundamentally flawed.
Besides which, the answer which you seek (the name of the box) has already been given.

work your imagination man..of course this is the most probable universe for us to exist in..it's specially designed and custom taylored to our needs..just open your eyes when you walk in the street today and you'll see what i mean..just look around you now..this universe is the crib for human kind..no one else..humans are really the center of the universe..because it's they're the reason god created the universe..to worship him..
No thanks, I left my imaginary friends in childhood (before you start getting angry, remember, you're the one that told me to exercise my imagination).

looool..and the reason we won't find ourselves in a universe where we can't exist is because we're already dead or are dying to figure it out:D...but good thought by the way..
This isn't the same as what I said.

THAT'S A 100& CORRECT INFORMATIVE SENTANCE..AT THE BEGINING WE THOUGHT GOD DID THINGS RANDOMLY..BUT TO HELP US LIVE..HE MADE THESE TRENDS WHICH WE DISCOVER BY LOGIC AND OBSERVATION AND THEN WE CALL IT SCIENCE AND INTEGRATE IT INTO OUR LIVES..TODAY'S EXPERIMANT IS TOMMORROW'S COMMON SENSE..LIKE THE GUY PUNCHING YOU AND THE DESSERT..AND WHEN GOD DICIDES TO GO OUT OF OUR SCIENCE WE CALL IT ANOMOLY OR SPECIAL CASE..AND STILL THERE ARE THINGS UNEXPLAINED BY SCIENE AND THERE ALWAYS WILL BE..ONE OF WHICH IS WHY GOD HAS NO GOD..ANOTHER IS OUR SOUL..
Do you have any idea just how obnoxious embiggened, coloured, and bolded all capitals font is to read?

i....i can't see why you're living a very angry life..
PROJECTING ...just a little bit?
man this is getting tiring...I KNOW THAT!!

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING.. THAT THE COICIDENCE OF WHOLE "LAWS" COMING TO EXISTANCE HAVE A WAAAAY SMALLER PROBABILITY AND ARE MORE AWE-PROVOKING THAN MERE SINGLE SEPERATED MIRACLES.. don't you agree?? cuz i'm reaching my limit here..it's like i'm trying to define gravity..

THAT'S A 100& CORRECT INFORMATIVE SENTANCE..AT THE BEGINING WE THOUGHT GOD DID THINGS RANDOMLY..BUT TO HELP US LIVE..HE MADE THESE TRENDS WHICH WE DISCOVER BY LOGIC AND OBSERVATION AND THEN WE CALL IT SCIENCE AND INTEGRATE IT INTO OUR LIVES..TODAY'S EXPERIMANT IS TOMMORROW'S COMMON SENSE..LIKE THE GUY PUNCHING YOU AND THE DESSERT..AND WHEN GOD DICIDES TO GO OUT OF OUR SCIENCE WE CALL IT ANOMOLY OR SPECIAL CASE..AND STILL THERE ARE THINGS UNEXPLAINED BY SCIENE AND THERE ALWAYS WILL BE..ONE OF WHICH IS WHY GOD HAS NO GOD..ANOTHER IS OUR SOUL..

because they're the most complicated...also easy to observe..

:jawdrop:
:geek:
i'll kill you..
:jason:
"angry man will always lose in a fight and in life"
Lao Tzu

sorry i meant no offence i just thought it was amusing..i mean it makes more sense to have doubts of god than not to believe him... i'll take a note of that..but like, what do you guys call yourselves??

Of course you can be undecided. It is the extreme doubt that leads you to teeter totter back and forth between asking yourself does He exist or does He not exist? I don't think there is a name for it, but I definitely know the feeling.

it does matter

Nope, it doesn't matter one whit.

I once threw a all but 1 straight doubles for an entire game of backgammon. The odds of this are astronomical. I was using my friends backgammon set and he couldn't believe it while he sat and watched me do it.

Do the odds against it happening matter? Not one whit because it actually happened. Odds only concern things which haven't yet happened.

what is the possibility that gluons were created?

Nil.

because believing in a god doesn't matter , no matter your relgion , by evidence of observation

and when you think about , what people have actually become more special , than any other ?

none really , and I mean really , none

The contents are being discussed, you are making claims about the contents and those claims are being questioned, yet you refuse to answer the questions. You are either lying or simply have no answers to your claims, making those claims pointless and irrelevant.

fire away your questions..

It is any more obnoxious than the content ?

Nope, it doesn't matter one whit.

I once threw a all but 1 straight doubles for an entire game of backgammon. The odds of this are astronomical. I was using my friends backgammon set and he couldn't believe it while he sat and watched me do it.

Do the odds against it happening matter? Not one whit because it actually happened. Odds only concern things which haven't yet happened.

Nil.

You actually read it?

you aren't doing me justice..you can make fun of my person as much as you want and insult me as you like..but to set my ideas and thoughts aside because of that is just unfair.. how do you trust your own conclusions when you're like this??

1.7 billion human beings find inspiration and a meaning for their lives in the Quran. There has to be an explanation. Any logical person would see this as curious.

As I stated earlier, you must judge the Quran from what the Quran teaches. If you have never read it, then how can you pass judgment on it. That is the biggest fallacy of all.

1.7 billion human beings find inspiration and a meaning for their lives in the Quran. There has to be an explanation. Any logical person would see this as curious.

As I stated earlier, you must judge the Quran from what the Quran teaches. If you have never read it, then how can you pass judgment on it. That is the biggest fallacy of all.

Repeating an ad populum ad nauseum doesn't change anything.

And there are times when you only need to know a little to know you don't need to know any more. Creation myths are a remnant of a more ignorant age.

Last edited:
Back