As an Atheist what do you teach kids?

I wonder if it could possibly have anything to do with the fact that we have no evidence of heaven, no evidence of "seeing people again" and lots of evidence that people don't come back? What do you think?

Because I'm not agnostic. I'm an atheist. I don't believe in god.

In your experience. Not mine.

Maybe it's you that's depressing them.

Right. One more bullshit claim from you.

You just said ther eis no evidence for or against heavem, yet you chose to teach "there is no heaven" not there might be.

You then said "You dont know if it exists" then you claim "it does not exist im an atheist"

So upon your stance of "I don't know" you somehow chose to tell this girl that "you do know" (lying) and went on to tell her "when you die thats it your dead" instead of telling her "im not sure anything is possible who knows"

HMMMMMMM

You just said ther eis no evidence for or against heavem, yet you chose to teach "there is no heaven" not there might be.
Since there's no evidence for it why take it into account?

You then said "You dont know if it exists" then you claim "it does not exist im an atheist"
What? Do you actually read what I write?

So upon your stance of "I don't know" you somehow chose to tell this girl that "you do know" (lying) and went on to tell her "when you die thats it your dead" instead of telling her "im not sure anything is possible who knows"
Still wrong. My stance is "we have no evidence to support that particular hypothesis (heaven etc.) and lots of evidence to support not coming back".
Why introduce a concept that has no supporting evidence?

Exactly.
Your grasp of logic is extremely poor.

Since there's no evidence for why take it into account?

What? Do you actually read what I write?

Still wrong. My stance is "we have no evidence to support that particular hypothesis (heaven etc.) and lots of evidence to support not coming back".
Why introduce a concept that has no supporting evidence?

Exactly.
Your grasp of logic is extremely poor.

Why take it into account? Because She isn't you? she might not feel like it's all BS she might see sense in it, and just because You are an atheist you tell her that its not true because you think its not true, so your whole motive was based on "wat you believe" and what you felt she didnt need to be taught.

You decided for her that atheism was right you offered her no alternative.

Because "You see no evidence to support it" You personalyn chose to deny it for her?

"We have no solid evidence that it is scientificaly proven, so im deciding that you will be taught the atheist philosophy. because I think it's right.

Let's break this down, I am arguing for "life after death and to teach it to our children", you are arguing for "total death of the self and no life after death and to teach this to our children,

Why take it into account? Because She isn't you? she might not feel like it's all BS she might see sense in it, and just because You are an atheist you tell her that its not true because you think its not true, so your whole motive was based on "wat you believe" and what you felt she didnt need to be taught.
Wrong.
It's not "what I believe" it's what we have evidence for (or not).

You decided for her that atheism was right you offered her no alternative.
What alternative is there? Fairy stories? Tales with no evidentiary support?

Because "You see no evidence to support it" You personalyn chose to deny it for her?
Oh right. And I should tell that unicorns will bring her flowers too. :rolleyes:

"We have no solid evidence that it is scientificaly proven, so im deciding that you will be taught the atheist philosophy. because I think it's right.
There is no "atheist philosophy". Get a clue.

Let's break this down, I am arguing for "life after death and to teach it to our children", you are arguing for "total death of the self and no life after death and to teach this to our children,
No, let's get correct. I'm arguing for what can be shown and proven. You aren't.

Wrong.
It's not "what I believe" it's what we have evidence for (or not).

What alternative is there? Fairy stories? Tales with no evidentiary support?

Oh right. And I should tell that unicorns will bring her flowers too. :rolleyes:

There is no "atheist philosophy". Get a clue.

No, let's get correct. I'm arguing for what can be shown and proven. You aren't.

So why are there Billions of believers? not an exageration BILLIONS you are the minority int he world Atheists, So what makes you think she wouldnt be one of us believers given the right teaching?

You speak as if you are in some majority and most people share your common view, actualy maybe on here in this little forum where all you atheist come out of your basements to meet and talk about how silly god is and how illogical we all are following unicorns and fairy tales.

So what your really saying is that most of the world are wrong and yiour TINY minorty is right.

You have concluded there is no god, dont ever claim science has concluded there is no god, because any real scientist wouldnt even touch this subject and they would say "im not going to make a conviction about the unknown"

You personaly told her what your personal belief (or disbelief) is dont give me some BS about science tells us there is no god, or that any school of thought has proved there is no god. You have just projected your personal thoughts unto this little girl.

Dont Try brninging science in to back your claims up, because no scientist has ever given any evidence that god isnt real or heaven isnt real.

Your trying to deny you pushed your personal disbelief and philosophy onto her, and yes atheists do have a philosophy its the opposite of theist one. you believe you rot int he ground and you taught this poor young girl that she will rot int he ground

Are you proud of what you taught her? You didnt even give her an agnostic chance to decide for herself such a shame, you went straight and gave her direct atheist teaching.

So whya re there Billions of believers? not an exageration BILLIONS you are the minority int he world Atheists, So what makes you think she wouldnt be one of us believers given the right teaching?
What do numbers have to do with it? Seriously.

You speak as if you are in some majority
Do I? Where, exactly?

So what your really saying is that most of the world are wrong and yiour TINY minorty is right.
And your point would be...?

You have concluded there is no god
Wrong again. I have explained this to you.

dont ever claim science has concluded there is no god, because any real scientist wouldnt even touch this subject and they would say "im not going to make a conviction about the unknown"
And? Science has shown no evidence for god. No one has shown evidence for god. After 2,000 years or more of trying.

You personaly told her what your personal belief (or disbelief) is dont give me some BS about science tells us there is no god, or that any school of thought has proved there is no god. You have just projected your personal thoughts unto this little girl.
Wrong again. I've told her what the evidence shows.

Dont Try brninging science in to back your claims up, because no scientist has ever given any evidence that god isnt real or heaven isnt real.

Your trying to deny you pushed your personal disbelief and philosophy onto her, and yes atheists do have a philosophy its the opposite of theist one. you believe you rot int he ground and you taught this poor young girl that she will rot int he ground
And you are talking crap. As shown above. And no, there is no "atheist philosophy". Try to learn something before you post again.

Are you proud of what you taught her? You didnt even give her an agnostic chance to decide for herself such a shame, you went straight and gave her direct atheist teaching.
Balls. Read what I wrote.

No you taught her your personal belief system dont even try to get out of this you cant.

You taught her exactly what you believe., you didnt teach her any religion, you didnt even try to mention god, you totaly just told her word for word what you as a man already believe

Everything you taught her was your own personal belief

Are you saying your opinions ar ebeyond belief and they are factual with evidence?

You are not getting around this byjust denying it. you already admitted what you taught her and you already told me what you believe and disbelieve and they match up word for word.

She is a student of your school of thought and you cannot deny this.

Just like the people i teach are the same except i have better ethic and morals for my motives. i want to bring them in peace and happiness to heaven so they can be happy forever.

She was directly taught nby you and she was given your personal beliefs and disbeliefs. you failed to offer an alternative so you was preaching to her.

How can you say what I do is preaching and then on the same stroke of the sword say what you do is not preaching. you taught her in absolutes like some kind of Sith Lord, dont act like you gave her objective choices or even 2 different opinions on the matter. You gave her your own personal creed and belief system just like a theist gives their children their personal belief system. they taught the child they will sore to heaven. you taugfht how they will rot in the dirt forever.

Just because you are an atheist does not mean you can call our wway preaching but your way isnt.

unless you gave her alternate and a variety to chose from you were preaching a one sided belief that the minority of the world hold.

No you taught her your personal belief system dont even try to get out of this you cant.
Again: wrong. I taught what we have evidence for.

You taught her exactly what you believe., you didnt teach her any religion, you didnt even try to mention god, you totaly just told her word for word what you as a man already believe
Yeah. And I also left out coming back as a vampire or a zombie. because there's no evidence for those either.

Everything you taught her was your own personal belief
Wrong.

Are you saying your opinions ar ebeyond belief and they are factual with evidence?
Are you claiming we have evidence for heaven and god? What I told was factual, to the best of our knowledge.

You are not getting around this byjust denying it. you already admitted what you taught her and you already told me what you believe and disbelieve and they match up word for word.
Really? Please quote me.

She is a student of your school of thought and you cannot deny this.
Wrong.

Just like the people i teach are the same except i have better ethic and morals for my motives. i want to bring them in peace and happiness to heaven so they can be happy forever.
Wrong. You lie. For their comfort and possibly your own.

She was directly taught nby you and she was given your personal beliefs and disbeliefs.
Wrong.

you failed to offer an alternative so you was preaching to her.
Also wrong. What actual "alternatives" are there?

How can you say what I do is preaching
Because you come here and spout your nonsense and give no evidence.

you taught her in absolutes like some kind of Sith Lord, dont act like you gave her objective choices or even 2 different opinions on the matter.
What alternative to facts is there?

You gave her your own personal creed and belief system just like a theist gives their children their personal belief system.
False.

Just because you are an atheist does not mean you can call our wway preaching but your way isnt.
Wrong again.

unless you gave her alternate and a variety to chose from you were preaching a one sided belief that the minority of the world hold.
Alternatives? To known facts? Enlighten me.

Again: wrong. I taught what we have evidence for.

Yeah. And I also left out coming back as a vampire or a zombie. because there's no evidence for those either.

Wrong.

Are you claiming we have evidence for heaven and god? What I told was factual, to the best of our knowledge.

Really? Please quote me.

Wrong.

Wrong. You lie. For their comfort and possibly your own.

Wrong.

Also wrong. What actual "alternatives" are there?

Are you claiming you have ecidence against god and heaven?

this is a young child you are teaching not a full grown adult emember that.

I do it for their comfort and their hope,

You taught her your personal belief now you are claiming it's not a personal belief when it is the belief that you personaly have.

So why was it that you never taught her buddhism? christianity? islam? or a multitude of alternate beliefs that many people hold and have as a way of life.

You chose that particular belief because it is what YOU yourself believe. you gave her your opinion and your conclusions, you didn;t let her make up her own mind you mad eit up for her and as an elder you told her "there is no heaven and when you die thats it game over forever"

Why didn't you offer her any alternate belief why didnt you even offer her an agnostic stand point? you chose to directly raise her up as an Atheist. and that is what you are. an atheist raising an atheist.

Are you claiming you have ecidence against god and heaven?
Do you really not read my posts?
I have stated repeatedly "there is no evidence for either". THAT is why I don't believe in them. The same way we have no evidence for vampires and zombies. Got it?

this is a young child you are teaching not a full grown adult emember that.
Correct.

I do it for their comfort and their hope,
You lie to them for comfort and hope? Okay.

You taught her your personal belief now you are claiming it's not a personal belief when it is the belief that you personaly have.
You really do have comprehension problems don't you? I taught her what we know for certain. I left out the fairy stories that have no evidence.

So why was it that you never taught her buddhism? christianity? islam? or a multitude of alternate beliefs that many people hold and have as a way of life.
Are you really this dense? Seriously?

You chose that particular belief because it is what YOU yourself believe. you gave her your opinion and your conclusions, you didn;t let her make up her own mind you mad eit up for her and as an elder you told her "there is no heaven and when you die thats it game over forever"

Why didn't you offer her any alternate belief why didnt you even offer her an agnostic stand point? you chose to directly raise her up as an Atheist. and that is what you are. an atheist raising an atheist.
FFS!
Why should I pass on stories that have no evidence?

PS check up on what "agnostic" actually means.

Do you really not read my posts?
I have stated repeatedly "there is no evidence for either". THAT is why I don't believe in them. The same way we have no evidence for vampires and zombies. Got it?

Correct.

You lie to them for comfort and hope? Okay.

You really do have comprehension problems don't you? I taught her what we know for certain. I left out the fairy stories that have no evidence.

Are you really this dense? Seriously?

FFS!
Why should I pass on stories that have no evidence?

PS check up on what "agnostic" actually means.

Uhm an agnostic is somebody who is not sure and does not want to say yes or no they are undecided fence sitters.

And agnostics are open minded people and usualy very logical,

I don't care what you want to deny, fact is that you taught her what you believe to be true. don't use all this "what we know as fact"

You didn't just tell her you die and then "we dont know what happens after death" you didnt explain the possibility of the soul to her,

You didnt give her anything except what you personaly believe, yeah you told her we die but you went as far to say "You die and never come back" and im safe to assume you never added any possibility about heaven you didnt say it was possible you didnt even try to give her a glimmor of hope.

How would it be lying to her if you said "nobody really knows what happens when you die" you could have told her that ther eis a possibility that you go to heaven and you get to meet all your friends and family. you didn't give her this you directly told her she will die and then its game over

This is your personal belief this is not a fact you dont know what happens when you die and you did not say this to her. you didnt even try to thik about a possibility that she might be better off without your teaching. you gave it to her because you subscribe to being an atheist there are Billions of people on this earth who agree with me and they would have taught her better than you, they would have gave her hope where as you just told her so bluntly i might add "granny is dead and she aint comming back"

Who the hell says this to a little child "She is dead and she aint commin back" This is not what you teach the children of this earth your selfish and you didnt bother to take into consideration that she might be more happy as a believer it didnt even cross your mind to think about her as her own person seperate from you.

you are an Atheist and you passed on your atheist school of thought onto her

Okay, okay. I am a Christian just for the record if Chi wants to flame me for being an atheist. It was D's own choice to teach his child to his best knowledge and he did so. Nothing wrong with that. What he did was that he opened the door, his child can chose to enter or not. He basically said,

"Here are the facts to our best knowledge, go figure,"

He presented the facts to the best of human knowledge. He would have been just as right if in the 19th century, he taught his daughter Newtonian science, or in the ancient times that the world was flat. To the best of our knowledge it is fact.

He did exactly what is to his best judgement as a parent and educator. From what I can tell, he didn't force his beliefs, he just presented his knowledge.

He did his job fully ( for what I can tell from this thread ) and took his responsibility seriously and did exactly what he is expected to as a parent, legally ( I hope ) and ethically.

Chi...let me get it straight, you are arguing with D about how to educate his child?

One, do you even know his family? I don't, so I am basing off what I have read in this thread.

EVEN IF HE TAUGHT HER HIS OPINION, HIS BELIEFS AND HIS CONCLUSION: He still had every right to do so.

I personally believe nobody can prove God exists solidly until the second coming of Christ.

You have pressed your religion on others before multiple times, don't even pretend that you are innocent and lay the blame.

D, correct me if I said anything wrong or misinterpreted your posts. I don't want to force words in your mouth.

Children might be more happy as non-believers, ever think of that? Just like they would be more happy as non-believers in ghosts or monsters. How scary is something that watches you all the time?

Okay, okay. I am a Christian just for the record if Chi wants to flame me for being an atheist. It was D's own choice to teach his child to his best knowledge and he did so. Nothing wrong with that. What he did was that he opened the door, his child can chose to enter or not. He basically said,

"Here are the facts to our best knowledge, go figure,"

He presented the facts to the best of human knowledge. He would have been just as right if in the 19th century, he taught his daughter Newtonian science, or in the ancient times that the world was flat. To the best of our knowledge it is fact.

He did exactly what is to his best judgement as a parent and educator. From what I can tell, he didn't force his beliefs, he just presented his knowledge.

He did his job fully ( for what I can tell from this thread ) and took his responsibility seriously and did exactly what he is expected to as a parent, legally ( I hope ) and ethically.

Chi...let me get it straight, you are arguing with D about how to educate his child?

One, do you even know his family? I don't, so I am basing off what I have read in this thread.

EVEN IF HE TAUGHT HER HIS OPINION, HIS BELIEFS AND HIS CONCLUSION: He still had every right to do so.

I personally believe nobody can prove God exists solidly until the second coming of Christ.

You have pressed your religion on others before multiple times, don't even pretend that you are innocent and lay the blame.

D, correct me if I said anything wrong or misinterpreted your posts. I don't want to force words in your mouth.

Did you hear what the man said to a little innocent girl? he bluntly said "Granny is dead and she aint comming back" that was his "Best of his modern knowledge"

And your a christian supporting telling kids there is no heaven what kind of christian are you?

Youmight aswell be an Atheist if you support teacing our little children those harsh cold and blunt words.

When somebody has suffered loss you dont turn around and say "They are dead and not comming back"

I don't care who you are or what you believe this is not what you say to a little child who is confused and just had a family member die.

I dont even believe you are a true believer in god, how can a true believer in god promote telling our children such things.

Children might be more happy as non-believers, ever think of that? Just like they would be more happy as non-believers in ghosts or monsters. How scary is something that watches you all the time?

You will pay for your injustice int his world i hope you realize this. ont he day of judgement you will wish you didn't exist. You openly support abortion, teaching kids there is no hope for heaven and support the words of this man. your a scumbag

Uhm an agnostic is somebody who is not sure and does not want to say yes or no they are undecided fence sitters.
And agnostics are open minded people and usualy very logical,
Nope. Agnosticism is a stance on the "knowability" of god, not his existence. One can be an agnostic theist or an agnostic atheist.

I don't care what you want to deny, fact is that you taught her what you believe to be true. don't use all this "what we know as fact"
So you're still playing ignorant.

You didn't just tell her you die and then "we dont know what happens after death" you didnt explain the possibility of the soul to her
Why should I introduce concepts that cannot be shown have any truth to them? What's a soul?

You didnt give her anything except what you personaly believe, yeah you told her we die but you went as far to say "You die and never come back" and im safe to assume you never added any possibility about heaven you didnt say it was possible you didnt even try to give her a glimmor of hope.
Because as far we know and as far as the evidence goes it is true that you die and never come back.

How would it be lying to her if you said "nobody really knows what happens when you die" you could have told her that ther eis a possibility that you go to heaven and you get to meet all your friends and family. you didn't give her this you directly told her she will die and then its game over
It's a possibility? Really?
How do you know? Oh, that's right. You don't know. You just subscribe to a belief with no evidence.
If I gave her all the "possibilities" should I have mentioned vampires? Zombies? "Uh, yeah, there's a slim chance your grandma will be floating in mid air and knocking on your bedroom window in the middle of the night. If this happens don't open the window and let her in. Here's a wooden stake, just in case."

This is your personal belief this is not a fact
Wrong. I gave her the known facts.

Billions of people on this earth who agree with me
So what? Do they have any evidence? Any at all?

you are an Atheist and you passed on your atheist school of thought onto her
There is no "atheist school of thought".
Do try to learn at least something.

Back