Are you there God? ...it's uh, Sciforums.

If Jerry Falwell prayed before a scientific panel of experts and God caused something extremely improbable to happen, like turned them all into chickens, that would prove atheism wrong. Thus, falsifiability.

No it wouldn't they would say the ability to make things happen by your own will doesn't show that God exists....

So atheism would remain unfalsifiable

But it would show that naturalism is false, and superstitious and unexplainable powers existed.

But it would show that naturalism is false, and superstitious and unexplainable powers existed.

No it wouldn't...not if you found out how it naturally happens (like how I explained it happens)...naturalism is unfalsifiable

Its like someone saying since a caveman doesn't know how a TV works it proves magic exists

It's axiomatic that it's falsifiable. Just show something that doesn't follow natural laws, a brick defies gravity at whim. As Einstein said, the miracle is that miracles don't happen.

Time to awaken yet another delusional atheist....

You have a bad attitude. And you're shooting yourself in the foot. If you spit at someone, no matter how much you think they deserve it - don't be surprised if they are not receptive of your message.

If you want people to heed you, you better stop treating them like shit.

It's axiomatic that it's falsifiable. Just show something that doesn't follow natural laws, a brick defies gravity at whim. As Einstein said, the miracle is that miracles don't happen.

If you showed a brick defying gravity they would try to explain how the brick naturally happened to defy gravity and if you said it was supernatural they would say it can't be, and if they could not explain it by naturalistic means they would say the "natural cause is currently unknown"...so naturalism is unfalsifiable...

There are lots of things where the natural cause is currently unknown..does this cause you to believe naturalism is false? Exactly.

You have a bad attitude. And you're shooting yourself in the foot. If you spit at someone, no matter how much you think they deserve it - don't be surprised if they are not receptive of your message.

If you want people to heed you, you better stop treating them like shit.

According to the moderators this is not an insult, so its allowed

I wonder why you don't tell atheists they have a bad attitude when they the same things :rolleyes:

But so what if those powers exist? Does it really make any difference? How would your life change if they existed?

I'd like to understand how come you're basing this "experiment" on beginning to believe in God by seeking proof for the existence of God.

If God (as various theisms describe God) existed, and you knew it, what do you expect knowing this would change for you?

If you showed a brick defying gravity they would try to explain how the brick naturally happened to defy gravity and if you said it was supernatural they would say it can't be, and if they could not explain it by naturalistic means they would say the "natural cause is currently unknown"...so naturalism is unfalsifiable...

There are lots of things where the natural cause is currently unknown..does this cause you to believe naturalism is false? Exactly.

i think you spouting bullshit so i'm going to ask you to prove your statements

I wonder why you don't tell atheists they have a bad attitude when they the same things

Because by virtue of your claims, you (and your knowledge) are superior to the atheists.

But if you are superior, then we are inferior; and if we are inferior, we can't know you (and your knowledge) are superior and honor you accordingly.

The problem is that you expect us to take your superiority for granted. Which we, delusional - per you - as we are, of course refuse to do - and how could we do any other way.

If you really want us to believe you and take you seriously, you'll have to do better.

Because by virtue of your claims, you (and your knowledge) are superior to the atheists.

But if you are superior, then we are inferior; and if we are inferior, we can't know you (and your knowledge) are superior and honor you accordingly.

The problem is that you expect us to take your superiority for granted. Which we, delusional - per you - as we are, of course refuse to do - and how could we do any other way.

If you really want us to believe you and take you seriously, you'll have to do better.
Yeah whatever, I could say the same about atheists "by your virtue atheists are superior to theists"

The real reason you don't say anything to the atheists is because you're not offended by the statements "theists are delusional and believe imaginary fantasy", thats fine with you...but "yet another delusional atheist" is such a horrible thing, you see your immense bias prevents you from seeing this

I don't care if you believe me or not, everything I say is logically sound, atheists can't handle it, their only option is to ignore the whole situation and pretend like it never happened

Yeah whatever, I could say the same about atheists "by your virtue atheists are superior to theists"

The real reason you don't say anything to the atheists is because you're not offended by the statements "theists are delusional and believe imaginary fantasy", thats fine with you...but "yet another delusional atheist" is such a horrible thing, you see your immense bias prevents you from seeing this

I don't care if you believe me or not, everything I say is logically sound, atheists can't handle it, their only option is to ignore the whole situation and pretend like it never happened

um you logic is not sound you see first it has to be valid which it is not and also you know for something to be logically sound it must be true in the real world

What are you talking about?

Next time try to make sense

if you truely understood logic you would have understood what i said. the concepts of validity and soundness are the basis of logic but you don't seem to grasp them

i study logic in college i debate with my brother alot he is pre-law and has taken numerous logic courses i know what i'm talking about and if you want me to belive you understand the concepts just state the meanings of them

I don't care if you believe me or not

This says it all.

The thing is, that you even might know God personally, you even might be superior to us, you might be God's Special Messenger - I am not excluding this possibility.

But with an attitude like this - I don't care if you believe me or not - you are betraying any gift that God might have bestowed upon you and you are betraying any knowledge that you might have.

But you seem to be too young and too inexperienced to know and value what it is that you're wasting.

i study logic in college i debate with my brother alot he is pre-law and has taken numerous logic courses i know what i'm talking about and if you want me to belive you understand the concepts just state the meanings of them

Then explain why its not logically sound instead of saying "its just not logically sound"

Sorry your "I just say so" arguments don't work

This says it all.

The thing is, that you even might know God personally, you even might be superior to us, you might be God's Special Messenger - I am not excluding this possibility.

But with an attitude like this - I don't care if you believe me or not - you are betraying any gift that God might have bestowed upon you and you are betraying any knowledge that you might have.

But you seem to be too young and too inexperienced to know and value what it is that you're wasting.
I never claimed to be God's messenger, if I was then maybe I would care, maybe I will become God's messenger

You also dodged out of everything else I said knowing that truly you are filled with immense bias

Then explain why its not logically sound instead of saying "its just not logically sound"

Sorry your "I just say so" arguments don't work

because it cannot be known if some of your premises are true or nor not for it to be sound it must a be valid and b all premises must be true the lack of knowing if some are true or not makes it impossible for it to be sound

Back