Are all discussions of God speculative nonsense?

Lori, you don't owe these people a thing. It is their choice to not have faith. More power to anyone trying to spread the good word, but when you get shunned for it then it is time to move on.

I can't chose to have faith, I would be lying to myself. Is that what makes you so grumpy?

The God of the Bible is easily disproved since Genesis has been shown to be outright incorrect. Life-forms and plant-forms were not made as immutable, as is, unchanged and unchanging, nor does the cosmology match to what is known, nor has anything supernatural been shown to be happening above and beyond the natural everywhere and really not even anywhere at all at any time.

However, believers can just say that another, real God, was the One who actually caused everything, but at least the common God of belief is out the door. I am not claiming this as any big deal, but for a large elimination, for it is that all of the God notions need to be dismissed and ruled out at the very source, cutting out all the descriptions completely.

Meanwhile, believers might wish to show their own proofs of God as we go along, as a counter, if they have any, and I don’t mean “just saying”, but honest information. If not, then their score will remain at zero, while mine will continue to go up, ever widening the gap. This is still a discussion forum, so don’t hesitate, believers, to continue pitch your stuff.

I am only human, but at least I will use reason and information rather than any old believer kind of invisible-type mumble-jumble of magic that is often desperately employed for every twist and turn of the known that gets discovered—which non-substantiated “just sayings” will be disallowed on the basis of no evidence presented, and that’s all that can be asked for here.

Personal testaments from feelings, sensation, and voices are subjective and cannot be shown to all and so they have no realizable value objectively to prove anything.

I will even lead to the non-God basis of all, which is a surely total necessity for this analysis. And of course it will be based on knowns, for stating the unknown as ‘known’ can never fly.

We could have some fun along the way, too.

Even my descriptions of the common God so far seems to have some kind of hilarity by the probably sincere simplicity of the God notions as being so final and complete without doubt, but I have tried to be fair in the identification of the common attributes of God. I’m trying for completeness since an incomplete notion is invariably a wrong notion just by the aspect of its incompleteness. All must be explained to satisfaction in an objective way beyond any reasonable doubt.

Again, though, we are not so much concerned with the default/archetypes that lead to the ingrained belief in God for some, but are even granting that that some people beyond that grooved-in detour still logically think that there must be a God, as only a sure and final dismissal will do it for them. I do realize that others will still believe no matter what. We are speaking to the fence-sitters.

I also call upon what many non-believers have posted against God notions as already being in the bank and so I hope the believers don’t just repeat their same old stuff that has already been refuted umpteen times.

Fair enough?

Got rid of one God already, but, as said, more will just pop up.

Again, see here:

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=107858

SciWriter said:
Meanwhile, believers might wish to show their own proofs of God as we go along, as a counter, if they have any, and I don’t mean “just saying”, but honest information.
The link to the other thread has no real "proof" or even any coherent arguments from you.

You are a dishonest person. Here is some more evidence of your dishonesty:
SciWriter said:
I'm not saying that God must not exist because not everyone believes it, I'm saying that no believer can prove God, since if they did then unbelievers would have to concede (if they were to be honest).
But:
SciWriter said:
It is already a given that God believers have no evidence for Him in His various incarnations, for if they did, there would be no unbelievers.

If you can't see the conflict between those two statements, perhaps there is no hope for you.

Further, I know there is no way you can demonstrate to me, via an internet forum, that my personal belief is wrong. That would need me to stop believing I can hear, or breathe, or see.
Your personal crusade against "believers" is frankly asinine, it really is only a demonstration of your egoism. Who do you think is paying attention?

Last edited:
Are all discussions, of any God, just speculative nonsense, or can a man actually know something of God’s thinking?

It's telling that you posit this dichotomy.

The point of discussing about God might not be about figuring what God thinks, but instead to clarify our own thinking in these matters.

In that sense, discussions "about God" are useful, even if they are marked with speculation.

You wouldn't know (about) God were it not for people - people who translated, printed and propagated the Bible, the theistic discourse etc.

true enough..but my statement comes from trying to convince others of a more beneficial course of action because of my own experiences, and them refusing to utilize my experiences to make the better choices. (told you so!)

I dont need to explain myself. I don't care to change anyone's belief.
no, you don't 'need' to explain yourself..but then there would not be any need for a discussion board..

you seem to be a believer, but some of the statements you make make me wonder if you are or not..

To each his own. If anyone wants to question me, go ahead, but I won't sit here and let people badger my faith. I know I am right, thats that.

no, you don't 'need' to explain yourself..but then there would not be any need for a discussion board..

you seem to be a believer, but some of the statements you make make me wonder if you are or not..

Why? Because I have different beliefs than you? What do you want to know?

Back