any gifted people with strange abilities around here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capo Crimini said:
I possess something I see as a gift, but it's not paranormal. It's about using all your senses I think, but I don't really know. I read people like open books. It could be anyone, like friends, family, regular people I see that I don't know at all. I "sense" their feelings and agenda. I don't have to interact with them for this to happen.

It's like I'm them for a moment. I feel whatever they are feeling, and I just know what their agenda is etc. I don't think, I just feel it. I can't describe how, it just comes to me. It's not always a good thing though. Sometimes friends and family disappoint me, and wish I could just be a happy person who doesn't know shit. The scary thing is that I'm never wrong about people. (I can't recall any exceptions)

I don't tell you this because I have an urge to be believed. You can call me crazy or whatever, I don't care.

Capo
It's called an empathic snapshot. [ my terminology]
A moment of empathic recognition.
And yes it can be troubling if what you sense is not what you want. [ the truth that is and not the truth that should be]

A friend of mine is an escape artist, I guess that's a strange ability. He can get out of a straightjacket, ropes or handcuffs, or combinations of them all, and he smuggled his escape tools into a jail once, which is difficult.

He can also bend spoons, seemingly with his mind, but that's just a magic trick.

Quantum Quack said:
It's called an empathic snapshot. [ my terminology]
A moment of empathic recognition.
And yes it can be troubling if what you sense is not what you want. [ the truth that is and not the truth that should be]

Is empathic recognition a paranormal ability? I'm just curious. It's not only "snapshots", it's almost like a live feed. It doesn't stop until the person is gone. I can figure out many things by just listening to their voice, and without actually seeing them.

Capo Crimini said:
Is empathic recognition a paranormal ability? I'm just curious. It's not only "snapshots", it's almost like a live feed. It doesn't stop until the person is gone. I can figure out many things by just listening to their voice, and without actually seeing them.
Look, it;s a fine line and depending on perspective. On one hand it could simply be that your powers of observation are acute but this would be insufficient as an explanation...yes?
On the other it is simply enhanced empathy which could be considered as paranormal only because of it's acuteness.

I am not sure that paranormal is the right word for the psychic any way....as it tends to denote spiriuality and ghosts and such stuff.

Empathy can be very focussed and can drive people quite crazy trying to cope at times.

I personally would consider that if you are experiencing as you say then it would fall into the psychic realm. Therefore subject to the ridicule of strong skeptics.....
The psychic realm is really only a state of enhanced normality any way....best of luck!! :)

What you are experiencing is called an "intuitive pop".
When information just sort of pops into your mind without your knowing how you could know the information.
Everyone can learn to become aware of their intuitive senses but for some it just presents it's self.

Can anyone hear things people say, but like, moments before they say them?

I don't know how else to explain it, but I call it 'pre-cognition' ...

It's like, I'll be in a room with a group of people and everyone will be conversing, and sometimes once, sometimes multiple times a day I will think of an idea off topic and redirecting to another conversation or plan of action then someone will speak of it, or some times it would be a sentance to respond to something and someone will say it..

I've thought this to be possible through perhaps emotional energy transfer, or if it was possible to beam your thoughts into someones head.. but I Don't put much stock into either of them.. there's just no evidence.. I've learned to live with it, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced similar happenings?

I also feel I can understand animals via eye contact.. I've had wild squirrels eat of my hand among other things.. meh. maybe it's patience, but regardless...

A friend of mine is an escape artist, I guess that's a strange ability. He can get out of a straightjacket, ropes or handcuffs, or combinations of them all, and he smuggled his escape tools into a jail once, which is difficult.

You got friends who have straightjackets?

Hi

My name is Ali.
Im fourteen and i really freaked out my one friend with this weird thing i can do. I can make some objects go invisible. My mom sent me to a psychiatrist and he though i had teenager problems! My friend won't talk to me anymore and thinks I'm a hazard. I googled my way to this site and i thought maybe there were others like me? Please Email me at ali.bashalladmin@gmail.com. I'm quite lost, I'm pretending to my family that i can't do it anymore, in fact i think ill do that.

We can be driving 140 on the highway. I can spot every eagle, hawk perched anywhere or flying. It's kinda strange.

We can be driving 140 on the highway. :eek:

I can spot every eagle, hawk perched anywhere or flying. It's kinda strange.

Perhaps they are there because they are waiting for you to crash your car going that spped to eat your flesh after you are dead! ;)

Perhaps they are there because they are waiting for you to crash your car going that spped to eat your flesh after you are dead! ;)

LOL............No silly those are VULCHERS. Don't you want the Discovery Channel :p

Get metric dude.

Has anyone heard about "non-verbal" communication, that when we think, we actually say what we're thinking (the shape of the larynx alters, the tongue moves, and so on), we don't "actualise" it, but we still say it. Same when we read.

OK I can roll my tongue, swallow air and burp continously, bend time, stop traffic with my mind and communicate with higher dimensions. The stopping of the traffic thing was very scary and I did it again in a bar on the same evening and everyone went quite and slumped down. All accept one guy who gave me the strangest of looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back