Another poll on attitudes to rape

Please mark all statements below that you DO NOT agree with.

• Total voters
"Just a.." So you think.

I well and truly feel sorry for you, Ghost.

/prepares for the end of the world as we know it.

Why do you feel sorry for me?

I said women need to take responsibility. Nothing wrong with that. I haven't condoned men taking advantage of women, never have, never will.

Bells said:
Of course it is. And asking for men to take responsibility for their actions and actually have some morals is well, well it goes against the grain, doesn't it? God forbid you don't get a shag.. stuff it if the girl is drunk or stoned off her nut and is incoherent and/or approaching unconsciousness and cannot understand anything at all. It's her fault right? She should have known better! She should know that there is someone like you lurking in the shadows waiting for and needing that 'fuck'. You're just there looking after you and your needs.

Has anyone stated that men shouldn't take responsibility? Has anyone condoned taking advantage of drunk and stoned girls? Seriously, you’re getting carried away.

Its women like you, the suspicious and prejudiced type that demonise and ostracize good men. Guys that don’t even support the crap you’re going on about.

I said women need to take responsibility. Nothing wrong with that. I haven't condoned men taking advantage of women, never have, never will.

Oh, this is great. Now I know how I looked... "What, what?" :eek: :eek:

Ghost, are you sure there is nothing wrong with expecting women to take responsibility? Maybe they should take the precaution of not getting drunkenly incapacitated in the first place? Is that what you are saying?

Also, heads up. Disclaimers like "I haven't condoned men taking advantage of women, never have, never will." get you absolutely nowhere.

sorry for being unclear
we never use our compleate first name to eachother, we both shorten it. So we made our compleate first names our safe word:p

On skinned knees we'll crawl

Gustahhhhv, dearest—

Gustav said:

not so
you advocate a state of fear and paranoia
profiling by solely by appearance (gender) rather than behavioral cues

Did it ever occur to you that I'm the one saying men should conduct themselves better, and that women shouldn't have to live in fear of every man they come across?

Think, sir, back to the rumble over precautions, and the precaution-theorists' inability to establish any significant boundaries to their open-ended prescription. Indeed, perhaps you might remember the objection I posited to the assertion that a man is merely a machine, an animal, the equivalent of pulling the pin on a grenade?

Talk about profiling, sir.

Ghost, are you sure there is nothing wrong with expecting women to take responsibility? Maybe they should take the precaution of not getting drunkenly incapacitated in the first place? Is that what you are saying?

Don't know if that's what Ghost is saying, but that is what I have been saying over and over.

I am starting to feel like I batting for the wrong side. I can't be the only non femnazi here can I ?

Do you think if you ave a nice face you have a nice soul?, or that your face represents whats inside?.

peace.

I don't know. You have some mateys that say they can figure someone out by just looking at their face. Anyway, we all judge eachother by appearance, we all judge a book by its cover. Certain features may make us think certain things but its just our minds playing tricks. Its hard to hide emotions though as they are reflected on our faces, they are difficult to hide, bitter people always look bitter, sad bastards look like sad bastards etc.

Gustahhhhv, dearest—

Did it ever occur to you that I'm the one saying men should conduct themselves better, and that women shouldn't have to live in fear of every man they come across?

Jeez...are women really that afraid of every man they come across?? come on now.:bugeye: Are most men really that bad that I should fear them? I mean I have come across some real losers and assholes but living in fear of every man out there? :rolleyes:

These particular ones I think are false.

"If you don't ask permission and she says neither 'Yes' or 'No' then you could be a rapist."

(so even though she is willingly doing it without a written contract you might be raping her without either of you actualy knowing it)

"If you say, "If you loved me you’d do X" then you're a rapist."

(No that means your a weasel and manipulative, not a rapist.)

"If she changes her mind at ANY point and you don't immediately stop then you're a rapist"

(but if you stop 10 seconds after then your a dirty rapist, even though she was happily banging you for 5 hours)

"You are a rapist if you don't immediately get your hands off of her when she says 'no'."

(again the word immidiately pops it's ugly head up, you better fling your body across the room the second she says "no" incase she calls the cops because she changed her mind halfway through)

peace.

...women shouldn't have to live in fear of every man they come across?

No they shouldn't. And they don't have to. People avoid living in fear through rationality. Rational people take precautions in a dangerous world. Unfortunately, these dangers sometimes include our fellow human beings. Even so, the precautions are "bounded" by common sense. This doesn't negate their value. Need we repeat all this?

I don't know. You have some mateys that say they can figure someone out by just looking at their face. Anyway, we all judge eachother by appearance, we all judge a book by its cover. Certain features may make us think certain things but its just our minds playing tricks. Its hard to hide emotions though as they are reflected on our faces, they are difficult to hide, bitter people always look bitter, sad bastards look like sad bastards etc.

But that guy has got an interesting face, it is very interesting I couldent stop looking at it, he looks kind of like a cartoon.

peace.

Oh, this is great. Now I know how I looked... "What, what?" :eek: :eek:

Am I going mad?

Is there anything wrong with expecting women to take responsibility? No? :confused: I've read your post a few times and I'm pretty sure one of us is bonkers. I've been working all day, I only got a few hours sleep, I'm hungry and its 2:00am.

Also, heads up. Disclaimers like "I haven't condoned men taking advantage of women, never have, never will." get you absolutely nowhere.

What the fuck?!?!

You sound like a woman. What the fuck do you want me to say?

Well, isn't that interesting. The thread Tiassa suggested I start just magically disappeared. (What is rape anyway?) Hmmm....

Hey Chi...you must be a machine if you are banging for 5 hours..are you sure you didn't mean 5 minutes? :p

lol, I dont always go for that long. the longest was nearly through the entire night until morning it must have been atleast 9-10 hours.

Yeah and sometimes I do last like 5 mins before ejaculating, sometimes it just happens :shrug:.

peace.

Back