Absurd things Christians say...

ok..as far as the bible being factual..there are lots of facts in the bible..lots of characters that history has proven existed..lots of places that existed/exist

you cant say just cause one thing in the bible hasnt been proven,that all the bible is just a bunch of lies..(notice we have been pretty good about not getting into specifics about which part is true and which parts are not..)

No, I just say that anyway.

So if someone, when they are young had a clear understanding of the Love of the Truth and then they came to reject it. I do not believe they would ever return to accepting it again. Scripture also says this.

Then God would have no reason to actively prevent them from changing their mind since He already knows they will never repent.

I guess He does not want them to be saved, AFTER they have been given the knowledge of the Love of The Truth and they have rejected it. It must be the greatest insult to God one could commit.

And this puts God squarely in the business of lying to and personally deceiving people so they cannot be saved. The whole idea here is that unless He deceived them they might turn and be saved. Which means they really can turn and genuinely repent. Which also means that your first point above and that other scripture you were referring to are both wrong.

Why is it an evil thing for such a person to repent and be saved? And why is the idea that God is lying and deceiving people a good thing?

The same problems in logic remain and this still makes no sense to me.

Thanks

Wow what an eciting thread this is.... One thing I find that Christians say that really strickes me as odd and that is the Bibke is th word of GOD and is to be adhered to no matter what. Has anyone actually read the Bible and concluded that it is a book that should be banned at best it is full of Sex incest hate and loathing. It even has a nice part where everone is getting along really well and well "GOD" the big guy did not like that so he created the language barrier and in doning that crated all the hate in the world. Or is it just me that pick them tidbits out of the pages.

Wow what an eciting thread this is.... One thing I find that Christians say that really strickes me as odd and that is the Bibke is th word of GOD and is to be adhered to no matter what. Has anyone actually read the Bible and concluded that it is a book that should be banned at best it is full of Sex incest hate and loathing. It even has a nice part where everone is getting along really well and well "GOD" the big guy did not like that so he created the language barrier and in doning that crated all the hate in the world. Or is it just me that pick them tidbits out of the pages.

Well just for accuracy sake, there are some good things mixed into the Bible with all the evil. So perhaps it should not be entirely thrown out. But it also should not be regarded as inerrant, perfect, and to be blindly followed either.

The Bible itself even contains instructions to "test all things" and hold on to what is good. Today's Christian generally ignores that teaching and takes both the good and evil in the Bible and calls it all good, by faith.

Oh yes I forgot about the tests and trials and tribulations that one must go through to be a true Christian. Where I come from they call that screwing with you but again that is just me..

That's the problem, the specifics are at odds with what we have learned is reality.

reality is not specific...

No, one is the words of man, the other is supposed to be the word of god. No, your right.

i dont say the bible is the Word of god..i say it helps you learn what is..

But you can't prove something doesn't exist. So I could just as easily say, there is an elephant that flys I saw him.

I saw him yesterday..he was pink...

What evidence keeps coming up that advances the creation story as valid ?

depends...some bible scholars say the 7 days is not actual days but could be years or even thousands of years...

More reasonable because your not advocating the bible as proof of god and again the stories of value or not are not claimed as evidence of god.

again evidence of god is a personal thing..the bible helps to find it..

But the evidence in the bible which clearly spells out how we became and how things are is clearly false. Where does that leave someone who will also question the teachings and not just follow them ?

there it is..i am not advocating Mindlessly following god..this is where ppl get screwed up...they end up 'do as your told' not 'think for yourself' cause MAN leads them there not god..

Well just for accuracy sake, there are some good things mixed into the Bible with all the evil. So perhaps it should not be entirely thrown out. But it also should not be regarded as inerrant, perfect, and to be blindly followed either.

The Bible itself even contains instructions to "test all things" and hold on to what is good. Today's Christian generally ignores that teaching and takes both the good and evil in the Bible and calls it all good, by faith.

i dont think i would use the word evil in that context but the rest of that post lines up with what im trying to say..

and even todays christians do not read the bible..they are more comfortable 'doing as they are told' , they end up quoting scripture out of context as a way to get their way..

Last edited:
Oh yes I forgot about the tests and trials and tribulations that one must go through to be a true Christian. Where I come from they call that screwing with you but again that is just me..

um..you dont have to be a christian to go through the trials and such...
and when some ppl are searching for god, they are actually looking for a way to avoid the trials..then get discouraged cause their search didnt work.....

just my opinion, i have no data to back this up..

of ppl who actually goto church
58% ppl looking for worth
10% ppl looking for an easier life
10% ppl looking for entertainment (boredom fits here too)
10% ppl got no choice (my parents drag me)
10% ppl looking to make business connections
2% ppl looking for understanding about god and his teachings.

"Everyone is born with a birth defect that hinders communion with god and everyone suffers from everyones defect."

yea..it happened when adam and eve got kicked out of the garden....

Lmao. If everyone were born with a defect then it'd no longer be considered a defect.

hmmm.....so if everyone in the world is screwed up..that means none of us are??

LOL

Oh, really?

How is it that people are always using that ignorant excuse?
Fuck that. Does that excuse make it easier for you?
Science is possible due to what, takethewarhome?

It's just there, isn't it? For no reason? Huh?

There's a beginning and an end to everything. Always a creator.

I'd say there's a always a creator, in our reality. When you think of the universe this breaks that rule. Especially since you said there's a begining and an end to anything. What would you consider before the begining? The word begining when it comes to existence doesn't mesh so please don't.

yea..it happened when adam and eve got kicked out of the garden....

hmmm.....so if everyone in the world is screwed up..that means none of us are??

LOL

That's actually exactly what I'm saying. We'd then look at the defect as normal. As a matter of fact, everyone in the world is screwed up (including myself) so that's a bad example.

And this puts God squarely in the business of lying to and personally deceiving people so they cannot be saved.

Typical. You have read but not understood what plainly my quote said: Read it again.

Originally Posted by Adstar
I guess He does not want them to be saved, AFTER they have been given the knowledge of the Love of The Truth and they have rejected it. It must be the greatest insult to God one could commit.

These people HAVE ALREADY REJECTED THE NOTION OF BEING SAVED. THEY HAVE ASSESSED THE WILL OF GOD AND THE WAY GOD HAS MADE FOR THEM TO HAVE SALVATION AND THEY HAVE REJECTED IT AS EITHER FOOLISH OR EVIL OR A LIE.

The whole idea here is that unless He deceived them they might turn and be saved. Which means they really can turn and genuinely repent. Which also means that your first point above and that other scripture you were referring to are both wrong.

Repentance is about Sin. Not about Rejection of the Way of Salvation. That Rejection is about one rejecting the need for repentance about one Rejecting the Way of Salvation.

Why is it an evil thing for such a person to repent and be saved? And why is the idea that God is lying and deceiving people a good thing?

The same problems in logic remain and this still makes no sense to me.

Thanks

Well maybe you have already rejected the Way of Salvation and the reason you cannot understand what i am plainly saying is because God is now blocking you from understanding. Maybe this is a sign for me today of Gods power. He knows the Truth. All i can do is sit here gob smacked at you.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

These people HAVE ALREADY REJECTED THE NOTION OF BEING SAVED. THEY HAVE ASSESSED THE WILL OF GOD AND THE WAY GOD HAS MADE FOR THEM TO HAVE SALVATION AND THEY HAVE REJECTED IT AS EITHER FOOLISH OR EVIL OR A LIE.

Where is it?

Back