Absurd things Christians say...

it's possible. i will experience it. you don't want to?

If I do, that'd be amazing, in all senses of the word. But as for hoping for it... I just don't think it's out there to be found. I already started a thread about this. This isn't the place.

by believing in it. my thoughts and desires manifest. and that's also what that rather unconventional experience of mine has to do with. i'm not the only one who wants this, and will do whatever it takes to bring it about. i'll do WHATEVER it takes to bring this about. not that i understand the logistics of what it will take.

So you don't know how. You just believe it will magically happen and that somehow we'll all have you to thank for it.
What about all the people that believe differently? Are they somehow less important?

The story of jesus tells me that we have a genetic defect that hinders communion and causes suffering and death, and that we can be cleansed of that defect.

pffffft, keeep your cleansing to YOURSELVES next time, im totally fine with Christians cleansing themselves its just that a lot of time we get the crusades, or the inquisition, or the witch hunts, or the Holocaust, or some genocide SOMEWHERE.

The problem with Christianity is that half of it is religious text the other half is attacking every religion out there. And mroe than half the time that is Jewish religion, half of your religion is the old testiment and yet your ancestors felt the absolute need to slaughter us, murder us, GAS us. etc...

and now some Christian senator claims that the US was created a Christian country and should act as such.

and now some Christian senator claims that the US was created a Christian country and should act as such.

In the US [I'm assuming you're not American] our constitution was created on Christian ideals.
However, our founding 'fathers' had a little bit of foresight and gave us the right to worship as we chose, and to seperate church and state [even though that never happens].

I hear, and maybe Enmos can tell me, that in Europe, especially Scandinavia, it's actually very tacky for political leaders to make scenes of themselves at or at church functions.

In the US [I'm assuming you're not American] our constitution was created on Christian ideals.
However, our founding 'fathers' had a little bit of foresight and gave us the right to worship as we chose, and to seperate church and state [even though that never happens].

I hear, and maybe Enmos can tell me, that in Europe, especially Scandinavia, it's actually very tacky for political leaders to make scenes of themselves at or at church functions.

It is. It would sooner call it obscene though.

So you don't know how. You just believe it will magically happen and that somehow we'll all have you to thank for it.
What about all the people that believe differently? Are they somehow less important?

not magically. :confused: i just don't know how.

i don't think anyone is less important. people believe what they want to believe enmos. i can't control that. i wish everyone understood how valuable they were.

pffffft, keeep your cleansing to YOURSELVES next time, im totally fine with Christians cleansing themselves its just that a lot of time we get the crusades, or the inquisition, or the witch hunts, or the Holocaust, or some genocide SOMEWHERE.

The problem with Christianity is that half of it is religious text the other half is attacking every religion out there. And mroe than half the time that is Jewish religion, half of your religion is the old testiment and yet your ancestors felt the absolute need to slaughter us, murder us, GAS us. etc...

i'm not talking about religion, or some political agenda. i'm talking about biology, and a way of life that does not include suffering and death.

i don't think anyone is less important. people believe what they want to believe enmos. i can't control that. i wish everyone understood how valuable they were.

I wish people knew how unvaluable they were. Maybe then the masses would learn a thing or two about humbility.

Pride is such a powerful destructive force...

Last edited:

So how come what you believe will come true, while something someone else believes if it contradicts your beliefs doesn't ?

I wish people knew how invaluable they were. Maybe then the masses would learn a thing or two about humbility.

Pride is such a powerful destructive force...

Agreed. Humans have proven themselves to be quite the opposite of valuable though.

So how come what you believe will come true, while something someone else believes if it contradicts your beliefs doesn't ?

we all determine our own destinies. those who believe they can move on will and those who don't won't. some people are just fine with the way things are enmos. they don't want any different. ironically those are probably the same people who don't believe in hell. lol.

we all determine our own destinies. those who believe they can move on will and those who don't won't. some people are just fine with the way things are enmos. they don't want any different. ironically those are probably the same people who don't believe in hell. lol.

I'm confused.
This is hell?

I'm confused.
This is hell?

well it isn't heaven.

ask yourself how bad things would have to get before some people would see that there is something terribly inherently wrong with us. if they can't see it now, i don't think they ever will...no matter how bad it is. :shrug:

well it isn't heaven.

ask yourself how bad things would have to get before some people would see that there is something terribly inherently wrong with us. if they can't see it now, i don't think they ever will...no matter how bad it is. :shrug:

It would pretty much be heaven here if it wasn't for humans.
Oh wait.. humans must be present for it to be heaven, right ? :rolleyes:

It would pretty much be heaven here if it wasn't for humans.
Oh wait.. humans must be present for it to be heaven, right ? :rolleyes:

well it's kind of like a tree falling in the woods with no one around to hear it.

Interesting. Which part of the story tells you that? Can I find it in the bible?

it says that we are born into sin, and that it's inherent in the flesh of all of us.

that means it's genetic, just like any other thing that's inherent in our flesh.

jesus was said to be without sin (the defect).

it says we will be cleansed and redeemed by his blood.

then you consider the communion ceremony. the blood of christ enters the body of christ (the church), and communion is restored.

ta da!

Back