Votes: 6 10.7%
  • No, It is Murder

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • No, (Other Reason)

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is selfishness particularly 'western'?

i don't see that it is. that was VI's terminology, but i know what she means. Imerica.

How did your abortion lead to questioning the existence god?

i couldn't reconcile the feelings i experienced with the reasons i had for doing it.

I would certainly hope so.

But perhaps we are using words differently - what you describe as "happiness", I would call "pleasure" or "cheerfulness".

no, i think i know what you mean, and whether you hope so or not, chances are, that's not the case. can you imagine the alienation? the frustration that brings, only subdued by the gratitude for the privilege of serving god? most everything he saw was perverted to his eye, and he had to live in it, separated from it, but eventually killed by it, and he let it happen. all he had to do to stop it was lie, or use his knowledge for evil. maybe he would have been happy then.

but in the meantime, he was busy loving people...alone.

his last words in lorispeak would go something like, "how can you do this to me you sick fuck?!"

You seem to be saying that a person can be both joyous and sad at the same time.

?

think of the apocalypse.

Well what are som of the major causes in you'r opinion.???

Bad parenting can be one. If your taught selfishness you might pick it up. Hatred towards your fellow man. Bad manners. Things like that. I'm sure there are more, I just can't think of any.

it should never be unwanted. that's contrary to nature.

It may be contrary to your nature. It is certainly not contrary to mine.

If a woman is born with a certain brain and personality type that means she is not drawn to having children...then, sorry, it is natural.

You might feel that all women should want children. Oooh, nice. Can I project my feelings and ideology on to everyone else too? Here, I'll try. All women should pump iron and learn martial arts, and if they don't they're just weaklings. :D

So humanity is a disease now?

When one has taken up residence inside your body, yes, it is certainly a disease.

it should never be unwanted. that's contrary to nature.

Actually no, you are wrong as history teaches us otherwise. Women (and men) have been killing newborns ever since you were able to record human society. Abortions have also been medicinally used since the record of human society.

Tribes have been known to perform infanticide for a variety of reasons one being that as a sacrifice to the gods or simply because they showed disability not to mention group starvation.

i couldn't reconcile the feelings i experienced with the reasons i had for doing it.

That doesn't really give any indication of how it lead you to question the existence of god. Were you an agnostic or atheist before you had your abortion?

Hey, Lori! I was just outside practicing my (shitty) parkour manoeuvres for like an hour...

If there was a fetus growing in me, it would've gotten shaken to death from all the impact. Hahaha. :D :roflmao: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back